Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Softball Park construction

Default Re: Lamson Park construction

Quote Originally Posted by MisterCajun View Post
    _ Your seats must be in the outfield bleachers because those are the only seats ready as of today. For those of us that paid the big dollars for box seats and were promised that the stadium would be ready before the start of the season, we will wait and see but it doesn't appear that the promise that we were given will be fulfilled. _
    So what are you going to do? Drop your season tickets? I doubt it. The stadium will get completed when it gets completed, will that be on time, it doesn't look like it. But, it will be finished before the end of the season and will be one of the top softball facilities in the south. Much better than some of the AQ schools. I am tired of the constant complaining about the damn stadium. It is getting built and that is good enough for me. We are not LSU who gets to do whatever they want, when they want. We are very lucky to have the stadium under construction because the political hacks always try to stop or slow or advancement. Get over it and enjoy another great season of UL softball!

2. Default Re: Lamson Park construction

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ So what are you going to do? Drop your season tickets? I doubt it. The stadium will get completed when it gets completed, will that be on time, it doesn't look like it. But, it will be finished before the end of the season and will be one of the top softball facilities in the south. Much better than some of the AQ schools. I am tired of the constant complaining about the damn stadium. It is getting built and that is good enough for me. We are not LSU who gets to do whatever they want, when they want. We are very lucky to have the stadium under construction because the political hacks always try to stop or slow or advancement. Get over it and enjoy another great season of UL softball! _
    It will be a nice facility if it ever gets completed. I'm sorry but I am not a wuss like you or the other posters of your inclination who lets themselves get reamed and takes it without saying something. I will not allow myself to be the red headed step child to LSU. I am equal to them and demand to be treated as such. I have every right to let the administration know that I am not happy about this situation. I am not the person (Scott Farmer) who was selling the hype about the stadium being completed before Thanksgiving. He needs to be held accountable for his statements. There is no reason why this stadium shouldn't be completed by now. The good Lord blessed the contractor with perfect weather for many months so they can't use that as an excuse as to why the stadium is not completed.

_ It will be a nice facility if it ever gets completed. I'm sorry but I am not a wuss like you or the other posters of your inclination who lets themselves get reamed and takes it without saying something. I will not allow myself to be the red headed step child to LSU. I am equal to them and demand to be treated as such. I have every right to let the administration know that I am not happy about this situation. I am not the person (Scott Farmer) who was selling the hype about the stadium being completed before Thanksgiving. He needs to be held accountable for his statements. There is no reason why this stadium shouldn't be completed by now. The good Lord blessed the contractor with perfect weather for many months so they can't use that as an excuse as to why the stadium is not completed. _
    Then if you aren't a wuss, go talk to Scott Farmer and stop having a tantrum on a message board. I agree, you paid good money, you have the right to have your seats.

What do you want people on here to do, go grab a trowel? You have two options demand that your tickets be pro-rated or cancel them. What does talking about it everyday on here get you?

I know you are venting and I can respect that. You've already said you only support Softball, so I know that its a big deal to you, but nothing can be done on here. If blame for the Softball facility not being ready falls on the administration, then I agree they need to be held responsible. But, we don't know, we are speculating. However, this is not me forming a contract with you. This is me, sending out bids through the state system, getting a contractor I know nothing about, who is here because he is the CHEAPEST, and then having to work with him. If it turns out to be the contractor's fault, then I imagine he will have to pay state assigned (contract penalty fees).

My problem is if your idea of holding the administration accountable is being bombastic on a message board, its not effective. Again, I agree with you, you paid good money, but you are accomplishing nothing here.

_ It will be a nice facility if it ever gets completed. I'm sorry but I am not a wuss like you or the other posters of your inclination who lets themselves get reamed and takes it without saying something. I will not allow myself to be the red headed step child to LSU. I am equal to them and demand to be treated as such. I have every right to let the administration know that I am not happy about this situation. I am not the person (Scott Farmer) who was selling the hype about the stadium being completed before Thanksgiving. He needs to be held accountable for his statements. There is no reason why this stadium shouldn't be completed by now. The good Lord blessed the contractor with perfect weather for many months so they can't use that as an excuse as to why the stadium is not completed. _
    Why not show up at the site and berate the contractor? Direct your questions to him since he would be the person responsible. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Why not show up at the site and berate the contractor? Direct your questions to him since he would be the person responsible. Just saying. _
    That is exactly what I done yesterday when I went took those shots. When he told me that the seats would be in and the press box would be ready I told him that it will snow tomorrow (Sunday) also. I also told him that they had more workers building a 2000 sq/ft house than they have bulilding a multi-million complex like this. My observation is that they don't have workers on the job that tlhey need to build this. They have been working on the club house now for three weeks bricking and they don't have that finish yet. He told me that it was the biggest building that they have to brick. I told him that all the other buildings they have to brick will have four or five times the brick to lay. Press box, suites, concession, ticket office and restroomsthat's not counting the enterior of samecontartor sucksthat's where my complaint lays.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ That is exactly what I done yesterday when I went took those shots. When he told me that the seats would be in and the press box would be ready I told him that it will snow tomorrow (Sunday) also. I also told him that they had more workers building a 2000 sq/ft house than they have bulilding a multi-million complex like this. My observation is that they don't have workers on the job that tlhey need to build this. They have been working on the club house now for three weeks bricking and they don't have that finish yet. He told me that it was the biggest building that they have to brick. I told him that all the other buildings they have to brick will have four or five times the brick to lay. Press box, suites, concession, ticket office and restroomsthat's not counting the enterior of samecontartor sucksthat's where my complaint lays. _
    That may very well be true. Unfortunately, most of the time that is what happens when you are subject to a bidding process that requires you to take the lowest bidder rather than one perceived as the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    That is exactly what I done yesterday when I went took those shots. When he told me that the seats would be in and the press box would be ready I told him that it will snow tomorrow (Sunday) also. I also told him that they had more workers building a 2000 sq/ft house than they have bulilding a multi-million complex like this. My observation is that they don't have workers on the job that tlhey need to build this. They have been working on the club house now for three weeks bricking and they don't have that finish yet. He told me that it was the biggest building that they have to brick. I told him that all the other buildings they have to brick will have four or five times the brick to lay. Press box, suites, concession, ticket office and restroomsthat's not counting the enterior of samecontartor sucksthat's where my complaint lays.
    Appreciate the updates. Did you find out for certain who has the contract?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    _ I am going to preface my statements by saying I have never set foot in Lamson Park or Tigue Moore field. (there could be a baseball game in my back yard and I wouldn't go to it). So I have no dog in this hunt.

T everything you say is true BUT the big problem is that THERE IS NOT ONE YEARS WORTH OF WORK IN THIS PROJECT!!!!! They should have NEVER demolished the old facility AT THE BEGINNING IF LAST SEASON. The project management of the contractor AND the University SUCKS on this project.

I would love to see a daily activity log on this project, or a monthly payment request or even a list of similar projects this contractor has performed. I can guarantee that there would be many days marked no activity, several months with little payable items and not too many projects of similar scope or complexity.

If you want to talk about construction, PM me. I am a licensed Civil Engineer in the State of Louisiana and have been designing and managing construction contracts since 1976. _
    Here's my point with all due respect to you and others. While this project may not be finished or constructed to the standards of knowledgeable people such as you, the project has at least come to fruition. There was a time when many of us dreamed and begged for any facility improvement at this university. Now this athletic program with a budget of 13.5 million dollars is building a new softball stadium and many of the same people that complained about the university’s lack of commitment are complaining that the stadium will not be completed on time. This stadium will be one of top softball facilities in the south and one of the best, if not the best amongst the ranks of mid-major programs in the country. Yet what has escaped these same people is in the realm of college athletic funding, a commitment of this magnitude to softball would have never taken place in most programs with our athletic budget. And before someone replies about the softball deserving this commitment, if you support more then one program at this university then you would understand in the bigger picture of college athletics, softball is not in the top four of priority for facilities and funding.

In reality, we should be damned appreciative this project is even getting built in my book, regardless of the accomplishments of the softball program. When your football program is still at the bottom of the SBC in funding and doesn’t even have a video and meeting room for the team, Cajun softball fans should be celebrating. That my friend is the bigger picture in the realm of college athletics funding.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ Then if you aren't a wuss, go talk to Scott Farmer and stop having a tantrum on a message board. I agree, you paid good money, you have the right to have your seats.

What do you want people on here to do, go grab a trowel? You have two options demand that your tickets be pro-rated or cancel them. What does talking about it everyday on here get you?

I know you are venting and I can respect that. You've already said you only support Softball, so I know that its a big deal to you, but nothing can be done on here. If blame for the Softball facility not being ready falls on the administration, then I agree they need to be held responsible. But, we don't know, we are speculating. However, this is not me forming a contract with you. This is me, sending out bids through the state system, getting a contractor I know nothing about, who is here because he is the CHEAPEST, and then having to work with him. If it turns out to be the contractor's fault, then I imagine he will have to pay state assigned (contract penalty fees).

My problem is if your idea of holding the administration accountable is being bombastic on a message board, its not effective. Again, I agree with you, you paid good money, but you are accomplishing nothing here. _
    Bingo! +1

10. Default Re: Lamson Park construction

Just because two or three or four or five people (who allegedly say they are CAJUN softball fans) continue to moan and complain and blame about the status of the new softball stadium being completed or threaten to cancel their season tickets, DOES NOT mean that there are hundreds others who are not appreciative and excited and understand the magnitude of this project for the SOFTBALL program and the athletic department.

From my experience, EVERYBODY I talk to associated with the SOFTBALL program is ESTACTIC AND GRATEFUL AND APPRECIATIVE for the new stadium. They ALL understand the commitment that THIS UNIVERSITY has continued to make to the softball program.

It is well understood and recognized that this NEW stadium will be the best of the best.

I think a lot of the posters that are complaining about the completion of the stadium are imposters - posing as CAJUN softball fans but in reality have other ULTERIOR motives; just trying to give the impression that the UL softball fans are disgruntled or unhappy or unappreciative. (I think maybe even some jealous fans from other softball programs).

From everybody I know and talk to, there is nothing but excitment and appreciation and anticipation for opening day. Like a little kid waiting for Santa Claus!

Ain't NO TRUE CAJUN SOFTBALL FAN whining about that AWESOME stadium and locker room and all the amenities that go with it.

Quite to the contrary, CAJUN SOFTBALL FANS are GRATEFUL and APPRECIATIVE and THANKFUL!

That's how this program was built - for all those years, CAJUN SOFTBALL FANS have been optimistic never pessimistic; they have been believers never whiners; we always made do - whether it was using port-o-lets in the 80s or walking to Bourgeios Hall in the 90s to go to the bathroom or even last year sitting in the outfield. We have always SUPPORTED the SOFTBALL PROGRAM and THE UNIVERSITY and done whatever it takes - buying raffle tickets or hosting fundraisers or packing our own concessisons. And now that we are on the verge of the GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT in the program's history - this new stadium will cement the LEGACY and the FUTURE of the softball program forever - WE AIN'T NOTHING BUT THANKFUL AND EXCITED AND PROUD! GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by luvmesomecajuns View Post
    Just because two or three or four or five people (who allegedly say they are CAJUN softball fans) continue to moan and complain and blame about the status of the new softball stadium being completed or threaten to cancel their season tickets, DOES NOT mean that there are hundreds others who are not appreciative and excited and understand the magnitude of this project for the SOFTBALL program and the athletic department.

From my experience, EVERYBODY I talk to associated with the SOFTBALL program is ESTACTIC AND GRATEFUL AND APPRECIATIVE for the new stadium. They ALL understand the commitment that THIS UNIVERSITY has continued to make to the softball program.

It is well understood and recognized that this NEW stadium will be the best of the best.

I think a lot of the posters that are complaining about the completion of the stadium are imposters - posing as CAJUN softball fans but in reality have other ULTERIOR motives; just trying to give the impression that the UL softball fans are disgruntled or unhappy or unappreciative. (I think maybe even some jealous fans from other softball programs).

From everybody I know and talk to, there is nothing but excitment and appreciation and anticipation for opening day. Like a little kid waiting for Santa Claus!

Ain't NO TRUE CAJUN SOFTBALL FAN whining about that AWESOME stadium and locker room and all the amenities that go with it.

Quite to the contrary, CAJUN SOFTBALL FANS are GRATEFUL and APPRECIATIVE and THANKFUL!

That's how this program was built - for all those years, CAJUN SOFTBALL FANS have been optimistic never pessimistic; they have been believers never whiners; we always made do - whether it was using port-o-lets in the 80s or walking to Bourgeios Hall in the 90s to go to the bathroom or even last year sitting in the outfield. We have always SUPPORTED the SOFTBALL PROGRAM and THE UNIVERSITY and done whatever it takes - buying raffle tickets or hosting fundraisers or packing our own concessisons. And now that we are on the verge of the GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT in the program's history - this new stadium will cement the LEGACY and the FUTURE of the softball program forever - WE AIN'T NOTHING BUT THANKFUL AND EXCITED AND PROUD! GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!
    tHaTs AWesOme, and When iTs cOMpleTEd on Time LiKe It shOUld Be we WiLl be GRatEful

Zeebart, the imposter.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmesomecajuns View Post
    _ Just because two or three or four or five people (who allegedly say they are CAJUN softball fans) continue to moan and complain and blame about the status of the new softball stadium being completed or threaten to cancel their season tickets, DOES NOT mean that there are hundreds others who are not appreciative and excited and understand the magnitude of this project for the SOFTBALL program and the athletic department.

That's how this program was built - for all those years, CAJUN SOFTBALL FANS have been optimistic never pessimistic; they have been believers never whiners; we always made do - whether it was using port-o-lets in the 80s or walking to Bourgeios Hall in the 90s to go to the bathroom or even last year sitting in the outfield. We have always SUPPORTED the SOFTBALL PROGRAM and THE UNIVERSITY and done whatever it takes - buying raffle tickets or hosting fundraisers or packing our own concessisons. And now that we are on the verge of the GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT in the program's history - this new stadium will cement the LEGACY and the FUTURE of the softball program forever - WE AIN'T NOTHING BUT THANKFUL AND EXCITED AND PROUD! GEAUX CAJUNS!!!! _
    Amen! We are all excited and proud of what this program has accomplished and the facility upgrades will enable us to continue the tradition.

UL Softball Re: Lamson Park construction

From what I understand from a friend of the program, is that the first Construction crew was working slow and making mistakes, so a whole new crew is working now! When it is finished we will all be happy/proud to be sitting in one of the top 20 Softball stadiums in America!

Anyone who is complaining I understand as I too have Chairbacks for softball but I am just taking in the moment in time that God willing we will tell our grand children about how cool a time it was to watch the Softball, then Track/Soccer, Baseball and then Football be built.

We are living in a great time people, enjoy and cherish it!!!

Drove by today and they are making some progress. It doesn't look like it was originally drawn though I wonder if the plans changed

igeaux.mobi

I also think the plans changed from what was originally shown. I wish someone had a picture of the revised design.

igeaux.mobi

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information