Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread: Softball Park construction

UL Softball Re: Lamson Park construction

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ Including outfield seating, the total was supposed to be somewhere about 3000. _
    Apparently the stadium will not look like the drawings we have seen. Does anyone know what it is supposed to look like? I'll bet not! I was told they took off 100 seats from the home plate side and about 200 seats from the outfield.

The outfield bleachers are also going to be renovated and should all look alike when completed. These will not have the back bar. Supposedly, the red seats will be removed and replaced. So, the total seats, which were supposed to be 3000 will now be between 2700 and 2800. The old stadium had 2250 seats according to the Media Guide for 2009.

Ask someone who knows why the locker room had to be replaced. Unbelievable!

This would be a good poll question. Will the softball stadium be completed for the first pitch on 02-11-2011? (Oops! There are two elevens showing, two twos and two zeroes is this an omen? )

2. Default Re: Lamson Park construction

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ Passed by this morning on on the way to work, and it appears they will be lifting another building into place today. I think it may be the first of the press box buildings as I think all of the building located on the ground are already in place. Had a large amount of workers in the area as I went by. _
    To Cajun90:

I did make a few calls to some sympathetic legislators yesterday and I take full credit for the progress report posted by CajunAmos today. Now, how come T-Joe or David Walker couldn't have done this sooner!

UL Softball Re: Lamson Park construction

Quote Originally Posted by LuLu View Post
    Apparently the stadium will not look like the drawings we have seen. Does anyone know what it is supposed to look like? I'll bet not! I was told they took off 100 seats from the home plate side and about 200 seats from the outfield.

The outfield bleachers are also going to be renovated and should all look alike when completed. These will not have the back bar. Supposedly, the red seats will be removed and replaced. So, the total seats, which were supposed to be 3000 will now be between 2700 and 2800. The old stadium had 2250 seats according to the Media Guide for 2009.

This would be a good poll question. Will the softball stadium be completed for the first pitch on 02-11-2011? (Oops! There are two elevens showing, two twos and two zeroes is this an omen? )
    Locker room needed to be replaced as it was in the way of the stadium. The old locker room also housed the general public bathrooms for men & women for the stadium, so the actual usable space for the team was pretty small. The new locker room will actually house the coaches offices so they don't have to have offices at EKL gym, but can actually be at the field. It will also house washers/dryers, so all support functions will all be located at the field.

Default Re: Lamson Park construction

Quote Originally Posted by LuLu View Post
    _ Apparently the stadium will not look like the drawings we have seen. Does anyone know what it is supposed to look like? I'll bet not! I was told they took off 100 seats from the home plate side and about 200 seats from the outfield.

This would be a good poll question. Will the softball stadium be completed for the first pitch on 02-11-2011? (Oops! There are two elevens showing, two twos and two zeroes is this an omen? ) _

I don't know what this staduim will hold, but from what I have seen and walked and took pictures of this statium, it looks like the seating has double on the stadium side. To settle this I will try and get the count in the stadium only.

The contractor has promised that construction will be completed before the season starts. They still have to build one of the buildings, but it will be finished and everything done in time.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    _ The contractor has promised that construction will be completed before the season starts. They still have to build one of the buildings, but it will be finished and everything done in time. _
    Darn, stop it Icitsh! Some of these folks won't know what to do with themselves now that you broke the news!

You beat me to it, T.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Darn, stop it Icitsh! Some of these folks won't know what to do with themselves now that you broke the news!

igeaux.mobi

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ Darn, stop it Icitsh! Some of these folks won't know what to do with themselves now that you broke the news! _
    Wait a minute I was just getting into my 2011 whiny mode. Am I going to have to put off the introduction???

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Wait a minute I was just getting into my 2011 whiny mode. Am I going to have to put off the introduction??? _
    You could always whine about our basketball team.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ You could always whine about our basketball team. _
    pass. I'll leave that to the real whiners

11. Default

pass. I'll leave that to the real whiners
    Yeah but you can see the CajunDome from Lady Cajun Park and when it's finished we might not.

It's now or never. I think the two are related
    igeaux.mobi

Wait a minute I was just getting into my 2011 whiny mode. Am I going to have to put off the introduction???
    Is it the new improved one or just an update from the same one you have used over the past decade.

Hope you guys had a good holiday. P.S. I can't get that dang Saturday Night Live skit out of my head now!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    _ Is it the new improved one or just an update from the same one you have used over the past decade.

Hope you guys had a good holiday. P.S. I can't get that dang Saturday Night Live skit out of my head now! _
    Trust me, a whole new updated version Zeebartwhining2.0 is ready to be unveiled!

Pete Schwetty, what a card!!! LOL!!

Z

_ pass. I'll leave that to the real whiners _
    basketball has me boozin' not whinnin'
    I'm thinking about adopting a zero tolerance policy for UL sportsif football doesn't score on the first drive next year Hud's got to go!

ps (this is all tongue in cheek)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread Information