Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Softball Park construction

Default Re: Lamson Park construction

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ No chairbacks?
    igeaux.mobi _
    What you see red is along the third base side. The first base side will be the same. The chair back will be in the center section and the box seats on the bottom. The red seats you see is like the Tigue third and first base stands. Bench seats with back rest

Got this earlier from Shivaun, The grandstand section shows where chair-backs are located versus bleacher seating like the "Tigue" has on the first and third base lines.

2011 Softball Seating Map

So what I appear to be reading in this thread is that I will not be able to sit in the box seats that I paid $1100.00 for and that I will either have to sit in the outfield for a portion of the season or bring my own lawn chair and put it in the place where my seats are supposed to be.

If I asked for a refund (or at least a discount) if the stadium is not ready for the start of the season, do you think that I stand a shot of getting a check sent to me?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Got this earlier from Shivaun, The grandstand section shows where chair-backs are located versus bleacher seating like the "Tigue" has on the first and third base lines.
    Dang, the dugouts look more than halfway into the outfield. Has it always been like that?

I went by yesterday. I don't think there is anyway they are completed in time for the first game. However I do think they could be functional at that point. Meaning most will have usage of their seats. Press box, landscaping, finishing touches probably not.

Biggest issue will be the weather but it appears all foundation work is finished so any inclimate weather should not create long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    _ I went by yesterday. I don't think there is anyway they are completed in time for the first game. However I do think they could be functional at that point. Meaning most will have usage of their seats. Press box, landscaping, finishing touches probably not.

Biggest issue will be the weather but it appears all foundation work is finished so any inclimate weather should not create long delays. _
    When I spoke with the contractor, he implied they will be through, and that all the upper decking is modular and would be in at end of December, I guess none of that as shown up yet. I also spoke to him about baseball's construction and it appears they will want to bid on that but heck, if they don't meet this deadline, they may not have a chance in heck for baseball.
    Let's just hope DS Descant doesm't get anymore contracts.

GEAUX CAJUNS.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterCajun View Post
    _ So what I appear to be reading in this thread is that I will not be able to sit in the box seats that I paid $1100.00 for and that I will either have to sit in the outfield for a portion of the season or bring my own lawn chair and put it in the place where my seats are supposed to be.

If I asked for a refund (or at least a discount) if the stadium is not ready for the start of the season, do you think that I stand a shot of getting a check sent to me? _
    You should.

UL Softball Re: Lamson Park construction

Quote Originally Posted by MisterCajun View Post
    So what I appear to be reading in this thread is that I will not be able to sit in the box seats that I paid $1100.00 for and that I will either have to sit in the outfield for a portion of the season or bring my own lawn chair and put it in the place where my seats are supposed to be.

If I asked for a refund (or at least a discount) if the stadium is not ready for the start of the season, do you think that I stand a shot of getting a check sent to me?
    I don't think I've heard anything from the administration of athletic department that the stadium wouldn't be finished by the start of the season, which has it's first home game on February 11th. I actually think it will be finished by the first game, but that's just my opinion.

Checked on it Yesterday. 45 days until first game. Might surprise everyone if it is ready. I have my doughts. They have most of the employees working on the building which consist of dressing rooms and office I think. The plans that were shown is no where what they are building as far as I can see. Concession are on the outside of the stands in front. I think the restrooms are also. The pictures they showed at the start looked like they had the roof line like the Kentuckey Durby roof line. Yesterday they had four employees working on hand railings. One holding the rail, one putting in the bolts and two looking. All this may speed up, but if it's like constrution in the past.Now if Scot Farmer says we have to sit in the outfield for a few games after paying the bucks for three seats in secton 107.well blood will boilI talked to Shivaun Yesterday about all the what if's, she just looked at me with a blank stare.time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ Checked on it Yesterday. 45 days until first game. Might surprise everyone if it is ready. I have my doughts. They have most of the employees working on the building which consist of dressing rooms and office I think. The plans that were shown is no where what they are building as far as I can see. Concession are on the outside of the stands in front. I think the restrooms are also. The pictures they showed at the start looked like they had the roof line like the Kentuckey Durby roof line. Yesterday they had four employees working on hand railings. One holding the rail, one putting in the bolts and two looking. All this may speed up, but if it's like constrution in the past.Now if Scot Farmer says we have to sit in the outfield for a few games after paying the bucks for three seats in secton 107.well blood will boilI talked to Shivaun Yesterday about all the what if's, she just looked at me with a blank stare.time will tell _
    Blank stare from Shivaun? Did you expect anything else? Her standard response to any question is "I don't know anything".

You actually saw 4 workers on-site? I went by the park on 12/21 and sat in my truck for an hour watching. I counted a total of 3 workers the hour that I watched. There is no way that the stadium will be ready for opening day. If they can't deliver to me what they promised when I bought my ticket, you are right, blood will boil.

I will buy my tickets.no matter what. As frustrated as I might be with an unfinished facility, I SURELY will not take that out on our coaches and players.

igeaux.mobi

Just my 2 cents on the stadium. According to my information the contractor that got the job basically came in MILLIONS below the other bids AND his plans were far better than any others too (i.e. more chair backs, more seats under cover, larger locker room/more square footage, a new batting cage facility). for example, one bid was more than a million more than this guy and only had plans for approx 700 seats under cover as oppossed to the 1500 that are going in now; and some of the other bids wanted to gut and re-do the old locker room versus totaling rebuilding like this guy is doing and had ZERO money allocated for the hitting cages.

I'm o.k. with the project taking longer ESP. SINCE it wil be a 1st class facility. I would rather this project take up until the first day of the season or longer BECAUSE I KNOW we (The UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA and the RAGIN CAJUN fans and community) get more chair backs, a larger locker room, more concession area, more luxury boxes, more accomodations, etc . . . . . rather than it already be completed and we have 700 seats and a gutted locker room that's still too small and a crammed press box for Stevie P and Josh Parrot (Robert Harris alone needs his own press box for everybody elses sanity), etc . . . . ALL for the same or more money. If it was ready today but inadequate, what's the big advantage?

I like the fact that this contractor is flexible and continues to accomodate the wishes of our administration in making any chages or modifications to make sure it is just like they want it.

So, we are getting a great stadium, press box, luxury suites, concessions, locker room and hitting facility at the best price, IMO and I think "when cost and money matters, it's best to get the most bang for your buck", even if we have to put up with a little inconvenience.

Is it moving slower than everybody expected? YEP.

I'm sure there are many causes for this - but what good is that to start groaning. From what I know and have been told the contractor is a good guy and he is doing his level best to do the best job possible and he takes PRIDE in his work and wants to meet the deadlines imposed (opening day). It is obvious from discussions with people in the know that this guy is not trying to screw UL or just turn a quick profit or as we know, just hurry up and finish. They truly believe he is trying to construct the very best stadium possible within the budget.

From what my sources tell me, the project is 85% complete and I think over the next month and a half it will be substantially completed/finished. AND I think when it's done it will be AWESOME and very nice for the softball fans for many, many years to come.

Happy New Year! Here's to progress in 2011 in RAGIN CAJUN athletics - we better all get used to it, cuz it's going to continue to happen. I like the growing pains a lot better than the groaning pains! GEAUX CAJUNS!

13. Default Re: Lamson Park construction

Hello Mr. Descant Just finish the stadium.

igeaux.mobi

14. Default Re: Lamson Park construction

Man I love when we don't ____ away money and kinda like the turf for the Moncla from the Saints---Great move---I think that all are satisfied with the IPF maybe we cut the dude some slack!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Man I love when we don't ____ away money and kinda like the turf for the Moncla from the Saints---Great move---I think that all are satisfied with the IPF maybe we cut the dude some slack!!!!!
    I think it is important that we realize that the players, coaches, and administrators at UL have no control over this. The state administrations and politicos are to blame for delays in getting this project off the ground.

Don't have any clue as to whether or not the contractor is performing. I have a background in project management so I also understand that not having a bunch of workers on sight doesn't necessarily mean anything. All depends on what lies in their critical path.

For those who wish to give their box seats and chairbacks because they can't sit in them on opening day I suspect the University will have no problem finding someone to take their place.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information