Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Softball Park construction

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Lamson Park construction

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Seriously? _
    If correctThere is your problem, right there.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ If correctThere is your problem, right there.

Z _
    Perfect example of how government can ____ up what private business could have finished by now and probably with much better results.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ Yes. M.D. Descant.

igeaux.mobi _
    I was told Descant was doing the addition to Bourgeios not the softball field. In either case this project will last over one year and that is inexcusable. I have been in construction since 1976 and there is no reason AT ALL for this to take as long as it has. Anybody that gives you any reason for this as being acceptable is blowing smoke up your butt.

They started to build the new dorms behind Hamilton Hall. They are on schedule for being complete by this fall. Lemoine is doing the construction and they may just make it. I'm thinking that the dorms will be finished before the softball stadium.

I sure hope the administration is looking at this company with their progress of Lamson when it comes time for other Athletic upgrades.Any pics of the current construction?

State requirements for contractors - "Can you get a bond?" "Do you have insurance?" Good to go. Shame that past performance is not a part of the equation. Can see why the LSU folks want to be able to be independent. Me too.

6. Default Re: Lamson Park construction

Quote Originally Posted by cajun67 View Post
    _ State requirements for contractors - "Can you get a bond?" "Do you have insurance?" Good to go. Shame that past performance is not a part of the equation. Can see why the LSU folks want to be able to be independent. Me too. _
    I don't know the official rules though I have bid on contracts with the University in the past------What if you could negotiate with a company in lieu of the bid process and make a deal which say for in-kind services (ergo tax write-offs) they would get the job if the numbers would work out---Could this in fact be a win/win for all!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun67 View Post
    _ State requirements for contractors - "Can you get a bond?" "Do you have insurance?" Good to go. Shame that past performance is not a part of the equation. Can see why the LSU folks want to be able to be independent. Me too. _
    Yeah, but as is typical with our state an idea to make a university more efficient and cost effective isoly going to apply to one campus and the rest of us are told to "suck eggs".

Passed by today, and here are some updated photos.

Thanks for the updates. Very nice for those of us who do not live near Lafayette.

Look at all the people working in the new photos. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Look at all the people working in the new photos. LOL.
    Sorry, I went during lunch. There were a number of guys sitting on tailgates eating lunch, but I was just trying to show the actual stadium construction.

No chairbacks?
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ Sorry, I went during lunch. There were a number of guys sitting on tailgates eating lunch, but I was just trying to show the actual stadium construction. _
    Thanks for taking the time to get the photos.

Based on the picks, there is NO WAY the stadium will be ready for the 2/11 home opener.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ Thanks for taking the time to get the photos.

Based on the picks, there is NO WAY the stadium will be ready for the 2/11 home opener. _

You could be right, but from my experience most of the time is always in the foundation. Looks like a few more seats to put in along with a roof, then all of the final touches. If they start getting after it "now", it's a long shot, but we might get lucky

No way they finish, they still have to construct the pressbox

igeaux.mobi

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information