Thread: Dustin Miller commits to Cajuns

1. UL Football Dustin Miller commits to Cajuns

Recruiting Discussion

Complete list of 2005 verbal commitments

LOUISIANA La. — This looks like a good fit.

Opelousas Catholic quarterback Dustin Miller, who has helped spark the Vikings to an impressive 6-0 start this season, has verbally committed to UL Lafayette for the 2005 signing class.

Miller will be tried at cornerback at UL, and will also play center field in baseball in the spring.

“I was in a bind,” Miller said, “trying to decide whether to play baseball or football in college. UL gave me the opportunity to try both of them. I never thought that would come about.

“I love the decision.”

So do the Cajuns, who relied on assistant coach Mike Gibson as the lead contact in landing Miller.

“I’m going to come in to play cornerback,” Miller said. “Maybe I’ll see a little bit of offense later on. I’m comfortable with that. With my speed, I feel I can utilize that and cover. I feel very comfortable there.”

OCHS hosts Sacred Heart of Ville Platte on Friday, with an eye toward a District 7-2A showdown against Port Barre the next week. With that kind of challenge facing him, Miller welcomed the chance to put his college decision behind him.

“I was worried about sitting around and waiting, to see where I was going to go,” Miller said. “Now that we’re having a good season, I can get it behind me and continue to have a great season.”

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

2. Default

. . . Hebert looked comfortable directing the OC offense, even though he hasn´t entirely made himself at home in the position.

This is a boon to Guillory, though, because it allows him to move Miller to a position where he is a better asset to the team.

Miller, who has already committed to the University of Louisiana, gained 104 yards on eight carries Friday.

The future Ragin´ Cajun also scored three touchdowns to lead the Vikings, and there´s no doubt that he looks the part at tailback.

Now that the post-season begins, the Vikings look poised and ready. . . .

The rest of the story

Thread Information