Thread: Coach Lee rushes through whirlwind offseason

1. UL Basketball Coach Lee rushes through whirlwind offseason

LOUISIANA La. — Robert Lee’s life has been pedal to the metal lately, ever since he became the head coach of University of Louisiana men’s basketball program.

He wouldn’t have it any other way, of course, but he hasn’t been able to fully enjoy the new role just yet.

“I don’t know if ‘enjoy’ is a good word for it right now,” said Lee, a veteran Cajun assistant before taking over for Glynn Cyprien earlier this year. “There are so many things to do.

“It’s a matter of getting used to all the responsibilities you have. You’re in charge of everything, instead of just one or two things. When I took the job, I couldn’t imagine the demands on your time.”

Lee takes over a Cajun program that won 20 games and the Sun Belt championship last season under Jessie Evans.

His team and the UL women’s squad of coach J. Kelley Hall will both be introduced to fans at Midnight Madness this coming Friday at 10:30 p.m. at the Cajundome, the signal for college teams to get started with preseason team practice.

“We’re able to work with them individually right now, four at a time,” Lee said. “I’m pretty pleased with them. It started out slow. When you change things, it takes a little while. It’s a more regimented schedule than they’re used to, but the guys have been receptive.”

Tops on Lee’s list of Cajuns putting forth effort in the offseason are center Adam James, Ross Mouton, Dwayne Mitchell and newcomer Derek Gray.

“Those four stand out,” Lee said. “The other guys have levelled off a little.

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

I hope we are all elligable and healthy for this seasons opener! Also, can not wait to see the blend of youth, experience and Coach Lee get with it this year!!

Good luck Coach Lee!
    With you all the way!!
    DaddyCajun!!

Thread Information