Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Steve Campbell for UL OC

Default Re: Steve Campbell for UL Coach

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ He makes $85K plus incentives, lives in housing on campus. _

The on campus housing is a big plus not covered by salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ The on campus housing is a big plus not covered by salary. _
    Depends on the housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ The on campus housing is a big plus not covered by salary. _
    The housing is free to him.

4. Default Re: Steve Campbell for UL Coach

_ The housing is free to him. _
    I have always wondered about the housing deal--like a developer gets together with a real estate lady and the price comes down as they give up some or all commission-------I am still grateful for the deal JY Foreman helped me with when I was at UL!!!! I guess this is considered an "in kind" deal!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    Wow, i really like this guy's resume! Lets get this guy hired!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Steve Campbell for UL Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ I have always wondered about the housing deal--like a developer gets together with a real estate lady and the price comes down as they give up some or all commission-------I am still grateful for the deal JY Foreman helped me with when I was at UL!!!! I guess this is considered an "in kind" deal!!!! _
    I have always thought we (UL) could create a "coaches corner" neighborhood that is housing for them, being built on existing UL property; down Cajundome boulevard for example, or possibly some of the "horse farm" property (probably too late for that). This would be something that could be built inexpensively and would give us another caveat when pursuing coaches.

Free housing, what's that worth?

I've read that, but Campbell has been offered the OC position. It is his to turn down from what I understand.
    I figured. Just putting it out there. Interesting that he is making offers before he has met with the current coaches. I guess this season's results are speaking volumes.

igeaux.mobi

8. Default Re: Steve Campbell for UL Coach

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    _ I figured. Just putting it out there. Interesting that he is making offers before he has met with the current coaches. I guess this season's results are speaking volumes.

igeaux.mobi _
    This is one of the advantages of hiring a former head coach with connections.

He knows what he wants.

He knows what it takes.

He can come in and hit the ground running. . . even before he hits the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    _ I figured. Just putting it out there. Interesting that he is making offers before he has met with the current coaches. I guess this season's results are speaking volumes.

igeaux.mobi _
    Maybe he will keep one or two assistants as position coaches but we shouldn't be surprised that neither of the coordinators are being kept on.

Steve Campbell would absolutely earn more money with the Cajuns than his present position!

He makes $85K plus incentives, lives in housing on campus.
    With those incentives (winning state, conference, region, making bowl, etc.) he makes around what the OC and DC made here this season. And that doesn't include the free housing, utilities, etc.

igeaux.mobi

12. Default Re: Steve Campbell for UL Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Maybe he will keep one or two assistants as position coaches but we shouldn't be surprised that neither of the coordinators are being kept on. _
    In this situation nearly all of it is who and not what a coach knows---I remember that I was coaching in HS and the new Jesuit coach I had never met got the job but he was a former UL QB-----His backfield coach was my best friend -guess where I ended up!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information