Thread: Midnight Madness set for Oct. 15 at the Cajundome

1. UL Basketball Midnight Madness set for Oct. 15 at the Cajundome

LOUISIANA La. - Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns men's and women's basketball teams in conjunction with the Union Program Council will host the annual Midnight Madness festivities starting Tonight, Friday, Oct. 15 in the Cajundome.

Doors will open at 10 p.m. and admission is free.

The event is an opportunity for fans to meet the 2004-05 men's and women's basketball teams and see the men's team scrimmage for the first time this season.

Fans in attendance will participate in a series of contests leading up to team introductions at midnight.

Following team introductions select members from the men's team will compete in a slam dunk contest which will be immediately followed by a 24-minute, two-halve scrimmage.

During halftime of the scrimmage one lucky student will attempt a half-court shot for a chance to win free in-state tuition for the Spring 2005 semester.

The first two contests will give contestants the chance to score tickets to the New Orleans Hornets exhibition game against the L.A. Clippers on Saturday, Oct. 16. 94.5 KSMB is sponsoring "10 in a Row Free Throw" in which the first 10 people to make 10 consecutive free throws receive a pair of tickets. Q-95.5 is sponsoring a three-man game of horse for a chance to win three courtside tickets.

There will also be a Greek Co-ed game, student 3-point contest and student dunk contest.

Former UL standouts Sydney Grider, Tyrone Jones, Eric Mouton and Immanuel Washington will serve as judges of the student dunk contest.

For more information please contact the Union Program Council at 337-482-6945.

RAGIN' CAJUNS BASKETBALL MIDNIGHT MADNESS
    Friday, Oct. 15, 2004 - 10 p.m.
    CAJUNDOME - LOUISIANA La.

Events Include:

2. "10 in a Row Free Throw" sponsored by 94.5 KSMB - first 10 people to make 10 consecutive free throws receive a pair of tickets to the New Orleans Hornets exhibition game against the L.A. Clippers Saturday, Oct. 16
  3. "Horse" sponsored by Q-95.5 - Sign up for a chance to compete in a three-man game of horse to win 3 courtside tickets to Saturday's Hornet's exhibition game.
  4. Greek Co-Ed Game
  5. Student 3-Point Contest
  6. Student Dunk Contest (judged by former Ragin' Cajuns standouts Sydney
    Grider, Tyrone Jones, Eric Mouton & Immanuel Washington).

MEN'S AND WOMEN'S TEAM INTRODUCTIONS at MIDNIGHT
  7. Men's team Slam Dunk Contest
  8. Men's team 24-minute scrimmage (two, 12-minute halves)
  9. U.P.C. Tuition Shot (at halftime of scrimmage)

LOUISIANA SI

UL Basketball

I am assuming that the concession stands will be open for this event. If so will they have any adult beverages available? I can't wait!!!

I am STOKED for Midnight Madness. Even though we won't have instruments, I know of at least half of the Ragin Brass that is planning to go decked out in full face paint/wigs/uniform. This should be a blast.

Why isn't the bad performing? I think it would be great if they were there!

why can't y'all have instruments? I can't go cuz I'll be in Idaho. It sucks. It's like having to choose between two gorgeous chicks (going to Idaho vs. stayin here for midnight madness). You'll take either one, but hate to leave the other. Oh well, it's a good dilemma to be in. I just hope our boys play like I know they can and get us a W this week.

God Bless.

The band isn't made up yet. We're holding auditions right now to see who's going to be in it. But believe me, if the roster was set, we'd be there.

15. Default

Originally posted by Sid
    .It's like having to choose between two gorgeous chicks (going to Idaho vs. stayin here for midnight madness). You'll take either one, but hate to leave the other. Oh well, it's a good dilemma to be in.
    I don't want to cast dubiety on your choice in women.
    but when your dilemma is between Ida-ho
    and getting a Midnight Maid-ness.?
    hmmmmm I don't know

Thread Information