Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should we move to FCS & Southland Conf?

Default Should we move to FCS & Southland Conf?

Just a thought. It would restore some natural rivalries with McNeese & Northwestern LA. We could still play LA Tech and UL-M along with others. We could likely be more competitive for a conference title and playoffs would be interesting. Some sports other than football might have a better chance of making NCAA 1-A playoffs (basketball, baseball). Any thoughts?

Default Re: Should we move to FCS & Southland Conf?

Quote Originally Posted by jayrr View Post
    _ Just a thought. It would restore some natural rivalries with McNeese & Northwestern LA. We could still play LA Tech and UL-M along with others. We could likely be more competitive for a conference title and playoffs would be interesting. Some sports other than football might have a better chance of making NCAA 1-A playoffs (basketball, baseball). Any thoughts? _
    Yawn, now F-off

_ Just a thought. It would restore some natural rivalries with McNeese & Northwestern LA. We could still play LA Tech and UL-M along with others. We could likely be more competitive for a conference title and playoffs would be interesting. Some sports other than football might have a better chance of making NCAA 1-A playoffs (basketball, baseball). Any thoughts? _
    No. wait, let me think about it NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is "we?"

I'd rather go 0-12 playing I-A than win a I-AA national championship.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Should we move to FCS & Southland Conf?

I don't know who you are but this has been SETTLED, NO BUT HELL NO.

You can't be a Ragin Cajun Fan if you think like this. It would be UL Athletic suicide to do that. I didn't know 5 year olds were allowed on this board.
    Second dumbest question ever put on this board the first one was the first guy/child who suggested this. Do us a favor, stay off this board if you can't come up with better ideas to help the program.

GEAUX CAJUNS.

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    _ I don't know who you are but this has been SETTLED, NO BUT HELL NO.

You can't be a Ragin Cajun Fan if you think like this. It would be UL Athletic suicide to do that. I didn't know 5 year olds were allowed on this board.
    Second dumbest question ever put on this board the first one was the first guy/child who suggested this. Do us a favor, stay off this board if you can't come up with better ideas to help the program.

GEAUX CAJUNS. _
    I didn't know that there were so many polite people at my alma mater.

Just a thought. It would restore some natural rivalries with McNeese & Northwestern LA. We could still play LA Tech and UL-M along with others. We could likely be more competitive for a conference title and playoffs would be interesting. Some sports other than football might have a better chance of making NCAA 1-A playoffs (basketball, baseball). Any thoughts?
    Ummmnot a lot of time to keep up with things. Last I checked our baseball team isn't having any trouble making it into post-season.

p.s. - Majority of Cajun fans don't view McNeese & Northwestern as natural rivalries.

Keep in mind conference affiliation goes beyond athletics as well. Academically these schools are not in line with our mission.

And dropping down would not leave all else equal. I promise you our funding would plummet. So would our recruiting.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Should we move to FCS & Southland Conf?

_ I didn't know that there were so many polite people at my alma mater. _
    This has nothing to do with politeness, you are not very bright when it comes to sports economics and what it would do to lessen our chances for bigger and better. By dropping to a lower division in football would hurt us in other sports.
    Secondly, we have a rivalry with mickey neese and Northwestern in other sports.
    I am polite your comments just infuriated me that's all. This topic has been debated before and you want to bring it up at a time when we are trying to select a D-1 Coach. Gimme a break.

GEAUX CAJUNS

I didn't know that there were so many polite people at my alma mater.
    Let's try to answer this way. The answer is no for many reasons, most notably:

1. We would make far less money operating at a I-AA level. The cost of running the program would stay the same, but the attendence would go down. People just would not be as excited to see a I-AA team, not matter how successful. RCAF donations would plummet. You would also be missing the paideia we get playing big schools. Like it or not, that's what makes our athletic department work right now.
    2. The worst team at I-A gets more national exposure than the best team at I-AA. And that affects the whole university, not just the football team.

As far as your other comment about the other sports, there is no I-A/I-AA in anything except football. So nothing would change.

igeaux.mobi

I had no idea UL had a special ed department.

Seriously man. what are you thinking?

Any Thoughts? Yes that is a stupid post.

_ Just a thought.

Moving down is not even a consideration. Revenue drop is greater than expense reduction if you move down. Program will be dropped before that occurs and that is not a possibility.

Thanks for the question I am sitting offshore on my last day of the hitch and the board was kind of slown now I have plenty to read and I am sure plenty more once everyone reads the question. Now to answer your question nope nadda no not now not ever

Methinks you are actually from Lake Chuck or Baton Rouge and in either case have breathed in too many chemicals in those towns

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information