42 10.71%
  • Mike Sewak

32 8.16%
  • Other (post name)

24 6.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pick your favorite FB coaching hire

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Pick the FB coaches you like (multi choice)

1. Mark Hudspeth
    2. Joe DeForest
    3. Jeff Monken

PERIOD.

Default Re: Pick the FB coaches you like (multi choice)

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ What you are saying is absolutely true at the highest level of the BCS, but we are not at that level. Mid-majors win consistently because they recruit the better athletes than the rest of the mid majors.

Ed Orgeron is a descent enough coach to win here. He was not better than Les Miles, Nick Saban Tommy Tubberville or Houston Nutt. But there are only a few coaches in America that are better or as good as those guys. _
    Well i can say that Coaching is more important at ANY level, not just competing for BCS titles.
    BTW how do you think those coaches that got to the level of competing for BCS title got there? Coaching.seriously you contradicted yourself with that statement.

We got out coached all year last year and I honestly think we had atleast top 3 in the conference as far as Talent level.

We should have won against Ohio (who are going to a bowl game) Troy (who are going to a bowl game) FAU, and FIU and we should have had alot closer games then what we did against Ole Miss, Ok ST., and Georgia. But that is only possible with good coaching.

UL needs great coaching, the recruiting will come once the rest is set in place

Priority 1. Coaching
    Priority 2. Winning
    Priority 3. Recruiting

The Talent chooses the schools with the most success
    you cant win without coaching.
    you cant get highly talented recruits without wins.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ According to Josh Parrott's blog Burton Burns is not a candidate and OC at Texas Greg Davis will resign.

http://twitter.com/ulragincajuns _
    That was a re-tweet so it MUST be true.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    _ I can't seem to find the Louis Cook button. _

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    _ Well i can say that Coaching is more important at ANY level, not just competing for BCS titles.
    BTW how do you think those coaches that got to the level of competing for BCS title got there? Coaching.seriously you contradicted yourself with that statement.

We got out coached all year last year and I honestly think we had atleast top 3 in the conference as far as Talent level.

We should have won against Ohio (who are going to a bowl game) Troy (who are going to a bowl game) FAU, and FIU and we should have had alot closer games then what we did against Ole Miss, Ok ST., and Georgia. But that is only possible with good coaching.

UL needs great coaching, the recruiting will come once the rest is set in place

Priority 1. Coaching
    Priority 2. Winning
    Priority 3. Recruiting

The Talent chooses the schools with the most success
    you cant win without coaching.
    you cant get highly talented recruits without wins. _
    I agree that we got out coached a lot during this past season, but I don't think we are as talented as you think we are. I'd say that Bustle Out coached ASU and ULM, he coached evenly with UNT and Troy, and he got out coached against basically the rest of the schedule (and yes, I know the Ohio game was close, but our defense was terrible and horribly prepared for the game). With that said, it was hard for me to do it too, but if you take of the cajun shaded sunglasses, besides Green, is there anyone else on this offense that almost anyone else would want as a starter. Do we have a safety, defensive end, or defensive tackle that would crack anyone elses 2 deep? When I asked myself these questions, I realized just how down we were this year. We aren't at the bottom of the barrel talent wise, but I don't believe we were in the upper echelon in talent this season either.

I would probably have a few more on the list than you, but I agree that it would not be many. I think, like in basketball, our overall talent level (as compared to the rest of the league) is not where it needs to be to compete with the upper echelon of our league. The incoming staff MUST get that up to increase our numbers in the WIN column. As always, "good coaching" begins with " good talent".

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    I agree that we got out coached a lot during this past season, but I don't think we are as talented as you think we are. I'd say that Bustle Out coached ASU and ULM, he coached evenly with UNT and Troy, and he got out coached against basically the rest of the schedule (and yes, I know the Ohio game was close, but our defense was terrible and horribly prepared for the game). With that said, it was hard for me to do it too, but if you take of the cajun shaded sunglasses, besides Green, is there anyone else on this offense that almost anyone else would want as a starter. Do we have a safety, defensive end, or defensive tackle that would crack anyone elses 2 deep? When I asked myself these questions, I realized just how down we were this year. We aren't at the bottom of the barrel talent wise, but I don't believe we were in the upper echelon in talent this season either.

igeaux.mobi

Unfortunately the only position I think we are truly weak in on offense is QB (the most important position of offense imo) but as far as the rest of the positions I think we have great skill players.

WR Surgeant
    WR James Butler
    WR Lawson
    RB Spikes
    RB Streeter (if he is healthy for senior year)
    RB Walker by the time he is a junior atleast
    and depends on who develops the Offensive line in the future.

Defense is a work in progress but its like i said, what talented recruit wants to commit to a losing or mediocre program. When we begin winning we will attract the talent you are seeking. but we are not that far out of the talent window in football and we will definitely get the wins needed. I am 100% confident in saying that.as long as we can get a Head Coach that will coach first then recruit second.

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    _ Unfortunately the only position I think we are truly weak in on offense is QB (the most important position of offense imo) but as far as the rest of the positions I think we have great skill players.

WR Surgeant
    WR James Butler
    WR Lawson
    RB Spikes
    RB Streeter (if he is healthy for senior year)
    RB Walker by the time he is a junior atleast
    and depends on who develops the Offensive line in the future.

Defense is a work in progress but its like i said, what talented recruit wants to commit to a losing or mediocre program. When we begin winning we will attract the talent you are seeking. but we are not that far out of the talent window in football and we will definitely get the wins needed. I am 100% confident in saying that.as long as we can get a Head Coach that will coach first then recruit second. _
    And if we go with Sewak or Monkin and the option you can write off the top three on your list.

That's 3 great receivers - I believe Butler will be our go to guy for the next 3 years. All he does is catch anything thrown around him - they just didn't throw it to him enough !!

Quote Originally Posted by beavis11 View Post
    _ That's 3 great receivers - I believe Butler will be our go to guy for the next 3 years. All he does is catch anything thrown around him - they just didn't throw it to him enough !! _
    I think that is because Bustle enjoyed glorifying his senior roster over the underclassmen even though they arent as talented.

There were multiple examples of this and the most obvious were James Butler and Darryl Surgeant stuck behind the butterfinger receivers of Rico Joseph and Marlin Miller and never getting their true chances to produce ALL YEAR.
    Also the very beginning of the season when they named Julian Shankle 4th best running back on the team STARTER just because he had previous experience.

If bustle had a deep roster that consisted of all classes he would go by Seniority first then talent, which is quite ignorant, but if we get a coach that looks on sole talent and productivity and forget about the grade of the player, then we will be able to put the best players on the field.

Thats just the way that i see it atleast

A lot of people are throwing their eggs into one basket wanting Orgeron. News flash, he never was and never will be a candidate.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ A lot of people are throwing their eggs into one basket wanting Orgeron. News flash, he never was and never will be a candidate.

igeaux.mobi _
    Not more than 5 days ago, CajunT said that he was told that Orgeron was possibly back in the mix. Whether or not that panned out or if he had an interview at all, well that's somewhat irrelevant when you talk about people having a reason to talk about Orgeron. Fact is, there was a reason for renewed interest in his name, true candidate or not.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Not more than 5 days ago, CajunT said that he was told that Orgeron was possibly back in the mix. Whether or not that panned out or if he had an interview at all, well that's somewhat irrelevant when you talk about people having a reason to talk about Orgeron. Fact is, there was a reason for renewed interest in his name, true candidate or not. _
    It was also CONFIRMED that Crowton was interviewed. That turned out to be not true. Just saying that Orgeron in the mix is only internet chatter.

_ It was also CONFIRMED that Crowton was interviewed. That turned out to be not true. Just saying that Orgeron in the mix is only internet chatter. _
    It was never confirmed that Crowton interviewed. It was confirmed that he would be interviewed by multiple sources as well.

_ It was also CONFIRMED that Crowton was interviewed. That turned out to be not true. Just saying that Orgeron in the mix is only internet chatter. _
    My point still stands, I go by people that are better informed that you or I am for my information on the matter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information