It comes in prayer.
"The two that are in critical condition," Gil Savoy says, "can by the miracle of God come out of it, and I think they will."
It comes with confidence and the good thoughts can come in an e-mail too.
"Neither one of them deserve it," Trista Young said. "So all we ask is for prayers and thoughts and whatever you can do to help."
Young and her friends are doing what they can by holding a fundraiser in Port Barre for 15-year-old Colby Richard and five-year-old Karen Stoute after their school bus was rear-ended by an 18-wheeler on Friday.
Young and her friends raised $500 to help Colby and Karen's families.
"It's tight and gas is expensive and so are hotels and eating," Young said. "Whatever we can do to help Colby, we're going to do it."
"When something like this happens, it's like a family member that needs us," Police Chief Deon Boudreaux said of the tragedy.
Boudreaux says the support could just be the effect of living in a small town; The driver of the bus. also the mayor but take one look at our facebook page and you can see, the support comes from many places- coming together for one community.
"I knew Port Barre stuck together but this is unbelievable," Mayor and driver Gil Savoy said.
"We come together for our people." Boudreaux says, "that's what I love about Port Barre."

Permalink | Comments