Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: any more news

Default Re: any more news

Question for someone who knows more about this process than I do:

Assuming there were interviews on Atlanta this weekend.there's got to be more to it than that, right? I assume a couple of finalists will end up coming to Lafayette. No one would take a head coaching job without checking out the facilities, town, etc.

igeaux.mobi

So.is Orgeron being considered or not?

Not that I am taking a position for or against him. Just trying to follow the story on this lazy Sunday morning.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ So.is Orgeron being considered or not?

Not that I am taking a position for or against him. Just trying to follow the story on this lazy Sunday morning.

igeaux.mobi _
    Considered yes, likely no!

He is still my top choice!

Do you think he will be interviewed?

igeaux.mobi

I believe he will be interviewed, formal in house or informal by phone or in person off site I don't know. I think UL would be doing themselves a disservice if they don't really consider Orgeron and take a good look at him. My guess would be that he would create the most interest and sell the most tickets next season.

I am surely not some big shot supporter. I am not "in the know" on this topic. And I am also not saying I support Orgeron's hire. He has a long list of negatives and potential negatives. But I also think we have the time and should take the time to interview the guy and hear first hand what he has to say about this matter and how he can help the program. Under normal circumstances, I would rule out based on his past and would move forward without him. These are not normal circumstances, though, and I think we should at least sit down with the guy.

Despite his history, I would trust his hiring.knowing that Dr. Savoie and Scott are watching him.

igeaux.mobi

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Nm

igeaux.mobi

8. Default Re: any more news

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    _ In my opinion, the interest level outside of our area is much greater than anyone around here thought. _
    That was my point as far as hiring this service--they don't know all the wants and ambitions of all coaches available ---not saying that it isn't beneficial--but that if a coach needs to be on the list as a prerequisite ---that is not good!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    _ Supposedly Orgeron was a done deal last season (at $500k) but Walker had cold feet and signed the 1 year extension for Bustle.
    Of course this was during the fiasco at Tennessee and before he went back to USC
    igeaux.mobi _
    No truth to that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ I think Parrott's on vacation. Thus the lack of info.

igeaux.mobi _
    Please tell me Parrott is back from vacation.I'm dying here!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information