Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hugh Freeze to be named Ark St Coach

Default Hugh Freeze to be named Ark St Coach

Source: Hugh Freeze hired at Ark. St.

Hugh Freeze will be announced as Arkansas State's new coach at a 6:30 p.m. ET news conference, a source told ESPN on Thursday.

Freeze, who was the school's offensive coordinator this season, replaces Steve Roberts, who was fired after the team went 4-8. Arkansas State is a member of the Sun Belt Conference.

Under Freeze, the team went from 95th nationally in total offense and 90th in scoring prior to his arrival to 43rd and 46th, respectively, this season.

Before joining Arkansas State, Freeze was the coach at Lambuth (Tenn.) College and an assistant at Mississippi.

Prior to his time at Ole Miss, he was a successful high school coach in Memphis, where he coached current Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Michael Oher, whose story was later told in the book and movie "The Blind Side."

Roberts was 45-63 in nine seasons at Arkansas State. He had consecutive 4-8 seasons before he was let go.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s.e=NCFHeadlines

---------

Press conference this afternoon. For those that dont know, Freeze was portrayed as the doofus coach in the Blind Side where he was Mike Oher's head coach. Then moved on to Ole Miss with Oher and to ASU last year. Most ASU fans were hoping he would get the shot.

One less opening to worry about (one with connections to Hudspeth too)

Default Re: Hugh Freeze to be named Ark St Coach

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Source: Hugh Freeze hired at Ark. St.

Hugh Freeze will be announced as Arkansas State's new coach at a 6:30 p.m. ET news conference, a source told ESPN on Thursday.

Freeze, who was the school's offensive coordinator this season, replaces Steve Roberts, who was fired after the team went 4-8. Arkansas State is a member of the Sun Belt Conference.

Under Freeze, the team went from 95th nationally in total offense and 90th in scoring prior to his arrival to 43rd and 46th, respectively, this season.

Before joining Arkansas State, Freeze was the coach at Lambuth (Tenn.) College and an assistant at Mississippi.

Prior to his time at Ole Miss, he was a successful high school coach in Memphis, where he coached current Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Michael Oher, whose story was later told in the book and movie "The Blind Side."

Roberts was 45-63 in nine seasons at Arkansas State. He had consecutive 4-8 seasons before he was let go.

---------

Press conference this afternoon. For those that dont know, Freeze was portrayed as the doofus coach in the Blind Side where he was Mike Oher's head coach. Then moved on to Ole Miss with Oher and to ASU last year.

One less opening to worry about (one with connections to Hudspeth too) _
    He has to hate that movie. Lets hope he is as dense as he is portrayed in the movie.

Makes you think he took up coaching so as to be called Coach Freeze instead of Mr. Freeze.

so this means we get Hudspeth?

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ so this means we get Hudspeth? _
    Just means if we offer, he'll be more inclined to accept.

(Unless MSU offers him a job since apparently its being rumored that Mullen is goint to Miami, but I doubt he would be offered for the MSU head job, as most feel Diaz is in line for it if its in house)

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ so this means we get Hudspeth? _
    Can anyone tell me how Miss St passing game ranked with Hudspeth?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ Can anyone tell me how Miss St passing game ranked with Hudspeth? _
    And? It's not about where the passing game is ranked, but his resume as a HC, reputation as a recruiter, his work under successful head coaches, football camps and football IQ.

Can anyone tell me where Ed Orgeron's defense ranked this season? How about his Offense and Defense at Ole Miss? How about Joe Deforest's offense and defense at OSU? You see where I'm going with this, there is no perfect candidate for this job. Everyone has a question and no warranty will come with this hire. I think we have a good core group of coaches interested and a few more flying under the radar.

8. Default Re: Hugh Freeze to be named Ark St Coach

This is huge or as Steve PeIiquin likes to say "UGE" I wonder if Stevie P. is going to call him "U" Freeze

igeaux.mobi

9. Default Re: Hugh Freeze to be named Ark St Coach

BJ, did you hear the news about Mullen to Miami?

igeaux.mobi

_ Source: Hugh Freeze hired at Ark. St.

---------

Press conference this afternoon. For those that dont know, Freeze was portrayed as the doofus coach in the Blind Side where he was Mike Oher's head coach. Then moved on to Ole Miss with Oher and to ASU last year. Most ASU fans were hoping he would get the shot.

One less opening to worry about (one with connections to Hudspeth too) _
    Oh this is awesome, I got so much ammo to throw at this guy when he comes to cajunfield. Maybe he can hire Mrs. Tuohy to be his offensive line coach.

UL Football Re: Hugh Freeze to be named Ark St Coach

_ Just means if we offer, he'll be more inclined to accept.

(Unless MSU offers him a job since apparently its being rumored that Mullen is goint to Miami, but I doubt he would be offered for the MSU head job, as most feel Diaz is in line for it if its in house) _
    If all goe as we are hearing, Hudspeth might be offered the OC position there. I would like to see that, then him accept our offer as it is good and gives him the HC position. That means Miss State has a lot of confidence in him.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    _ If all goe as we are hearing, Hudspeth might be offered the OC position there. I would like to see that, then him accept our offer as it is good and gives him the HC position. That means Miss State has a lot of confidence in him. _
    Diaz might follow Mullen to Miami if its announced. Hudspeth would not be offered the HC position and I don't know if he would want just the OC position.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ BJ, did you hear the news about Mullen to Miami?

igeaux.mobi _
    Yep, but it hasn't been verified. Remember, ESPN reported Gruden to Miami last week.

I knew that name sounded familiar!!! haha that's kind of interesting he's now a SBC coach.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    _ Oh this is awesome, I got so much ammo to throw at this guy when he comes to cajunfield. Maybe he can hire Mrs. Tuohy to be his offensive line coach. _
    He is one of the few coaches that I have met that I did not like. He comes off as cold and indifferent (pardon the pun).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information