Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Cayenne as a UL Mascot hahahahha

Ragin' Cajuns Cayenne as a UL Mascot hahahahha

hahahahha

He looks rediculous

I mean he can't hurt a fly.

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Default Re: Cayenne

This is not an endorsement, but he's not so bad since he started wearing clothes

Ragin' Cajuns UL Mascot

Personally, i was thinking about it, and I am not happy with a cayenne pepper being our school's mascot. Its alright being on our logo, but as a mascot, it is truley weak. If i could suggest something, i would maybe have a cajun man, similar to the ole miss rebel. In my opinion, however, anything, even the bulldog, would be a superior mascot the a pepper. Come on. A PEPPER!? What was Dr. A smoking?

Didn't the university use a "Cajun Man" some years ago?In fact, wasn't there an image on the back of the old scoreboard too? Haven't lived in Lafayette since '80; but I thought this had been tried before. Perhaps there has been a "culture change" since then; but I also thought many believed it "unappropriate".
    Shof

5. Default Re: UL Mascot

Originally posted by manizzle
    Personally, i was thinking about it, and I am not happy with a cayenne pepper being our school's mascot. Its alright being on our logo, but as a mascot, it is truley weak. If i could suggest something, i would maybe have a cajun man, similar to the ole miss rebel. In my opinion, however, anything, even the bulldog, would be a superior mascot the a pepper. Come on. A PEPPER!? What was Dr. A smoking?
    I am adamantly opposed to the naked pepper the school dumped good money into.

But since they put clothes on him I'm OK with the non pepper looking pepper. The true carrot top still blurs my vision a bit.

You're right, Shof, we did try the "Cajun Man" mascot. It failed miserably. Nobody seemed to like it. This mascot thing has been a thorn in everybody's side since we dropped the "Bulldogs" moniker for "Ragin' Cajuns". RC is truly a great nickname, but finding a suitable mascot to go with it has been harder than the proverbial needle in a haystack.

7. Default

If memory serves me correctlyThe reason we got rid of the Cajun man from cajun land was because some parts of the student body did not feel he accuratly represented them. Their argument was that 'Cajun Man' was only representative of white people of acadian descent. Someone please correct me if im wrong, but I do believe Im remembering this correctly.

I don't know about that applying to the mascot or being from within the student body, but I do remember an outsider who raised this argument about the nickname "Ragin' Cajuns". He suppossedly headed up some citizens group although he was the only one ever seen. Like so many protest "leaders" it was probably a matter of him being loud and shrill rather than having any real backing in the community.

9. Default

This was the 1987 version of Mr. Cajun.

Isn't he supposed to be cajun to be "cajun man"?

Originally posted by RaginCajun08
    Everyone Chant with me . CAJUN CHICKEN, CAJUN CHICKEN, CAJUN CHICKEN

I'll do you one better . BUD MAN, BUD MAN, BUD MAN

Default nickname

as for the nickname is concernlet sleeping giants lie! there is an ugly side to this and if you want to know about it i wouldn't mind telling you one on one just let me know, i will not discuss it on this board and that's as far as i will go trust me.

13. Default

Originally posted by Hammer58
    I don't know about that applying to the mascot or being from within the student body, but I do remember an outsider who raised this argument about the nickname "Ragin' Cajuns".
    As far as I can tell there is no such thing as a "Ragin' Cajun" outside the University of Louisiana. If there were, finding a resentative mascot would be a no brainer.

From all my research I have come up with a Ragin' Cajun as being a UL athlete.

14. Default

Here was what I call the original "naked pepper," the one they paid good money for :confused:

15. Default

Here is the very genesis of UL using the pepper 1983 season ticket drive.

I wonder if they envisioned it becoming a mascot?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information