Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread: Louisiana (66) vs McNeese (69) Final

Quote Originally Posted by JustRagin View Post
    Ha.Tiggerdroppings. I'll have you know my money goes to the RCAF!

Enough of Moon.
    Cajuns related, it seems our BB team may have caught our FB team's second half bug!
    So does most everyone one here. The point is you criticize Jay for something that all sources reported. And it's not that they reported wrong. Guy changed his tune instantly.

Wait for a better time to jump all over him, I'm sure he'll be wrong sometime this decade

igeaux.mobi

2. Default Re: Louisiana (66) vs McNeese (69) Final

I think the second half woes are a conditioning thing.

Mental conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    So does most everyone one here. The point is you criticize Jay for something that all sources reported. And it's not that they reported wrong. Guy changed his tune instantly.

Wait for a better time to jump all over him, I'm sure he'll be wrong sometime this decade

igeaux.mobi
    Well this comment (and the conversation it went with) seems really out of place since it was moved.

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Louisiana (66) vs McNeese (69) Final

i need some mental conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun pop View Post
    _ Bob Marlin is a winner and when he gets rid of Lee's losers he will WIN. _
    ouch.way to cut down the players.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Gosh how long are some of you homers gonna give this coach??? I mean, we're awful and I havent seen any improvement!?!?

igeaux.mobi _
    Anyone who thought this team would be good and/or have a winning season this year simply doesn't have a clue about the overall lack of talent on this team. Winning 10 games this year will be difficult. However, based on Coach Marlin's early signings, help is on the way. In another season or two, I would expect UL basketball to return to it's rightful place at, or very near, the top of the Sun Belt year in and year out!

7. Default Re: Louisiana (66) vs McNeese (69) Final

The other thing I would add is this. . .

I bet the Houston second half was worth 5 McNeese second half points and took just as many away from UL.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Anyone who thought this team would be good and/or have a winning season this year simply doesn't have a clue about the overall lack of talent on this team. Winning 10 games this year will be difficult. However, based on Coach Marlin's early signings, help is on the way. In another season or two, I would expect UL basketball to return to it's rightful place at, or very near, the top of the Sun Belt year in and year out!
    No doubt. That whole comment was extremely tongue in cheek.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    i need some mental conditioning.
    We can share a round of conditioning at the dome next home game. Sound good?

igeaux.mobi

You guys know what amazes me is that you all keep saying when Marlin gets rid of Lee's kids he will be a winner. Well truth be told Bureau, Diagle and Andrews, and Gary are giving 100%. Marlins players. Brown, harrington, Perez, Mumballa and Thomas are playing major minutrs with them so stop saying about the talent. You all are incredible. Yes our big men are an issue. I mentioned that was a problem and that Marlin needed to recruit one this summer and every kept saying get a guard. We fellas we need a BIG MAN. I just hope as bad as you all bad mouth "non marlin" players that our sophomore point guard does not think you are throwing him away too. Marlin will get different players here as he recruits but how about we hold court on him sucking and the players sucking and bad mouthing them for a minute. I attend these games and after the games dont see the kids happy they lost.

11. Default Re: Louisiana (66) vs McNeese (69) Final

Hey bottom line is this.

None of these kids are Marlins kids. THEY WILL BE SOON ENOUGH.

They have all been in his system the same amount of time. Six games.
    igeaux.mobi

Thank you Turbine! My point exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ I think the second half woes are a conditioning thing.

Mental conditioning. _
    Exactly. You can sum up the entire 2nd half of this game in 1 play. Travis Bureau gets the ball wide open 8 feet from the basket, thinks about the shot, double pumps for no reason, and finally takes the shot and airballs it. We all know Travis can bury that shot with his eyes closed, but he got timid and thought about it, and his shot was off as a result.

Sure our talent isn't where it should be, but we have had enough talent to beat Cleveland State, Houston, and McNeese. We just don't know how to bury a team or close out a game yet. Marlin will get us to where we need to be, but you can't erase 3 years of bad habits in 6 games.

Jesus, we lost to McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    _ wowowowowow you guys are ____ing retarded, I simply asked a question and didnt word it like an 8 year old for that i am sorry all i asked is why we are struggling so bad. Yes its a rebuilding year, but we didnt struggle against roody poo teams last year and finished 13-17 last year. Yea not a winning season but not an absolute trash team either. To blame a loss to a 2-3 McNeese team who only beat La college and Georgia St.

I think some of you guys have your heads a little tooo far up Marlins ass to realize that they still are playing a game they have grown up playing and they are not 10 years old in biddy ball. These guys understand the game. Yes it is early in the season but to struggle this bad after being up so much 2 games in a row.

and you attack the person questioning what is going onseriously people.seriously _
    I'm not a basketball fanatic, but could part of the reason we are struggling is the loss of the two best players from last years' bad team? We lost one to graduation (or at least no more eligibility) and one because he is a head case. Maybe if Gradnigo had stayed and gotten with the program as far as playing defense and accepting the new discipline expected we would have another weapon. In short the answer could just be a lack of talent.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread Information