Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana (66) vs McNeese (69) Final

Default Re: Louisiana (66) vs McNeese (69) Final

Quote Originally Posted by lilbigdow View Post
    _ Wouldn't you like to know? All of my statements are OPINONS and Irrevelant remember? It's obvious that you guys on here are just "fans" and have no idea on what goes on behind the closed doors of UL Lafayette Athetics. So I will keep my "opinions" to myself and let yall ramble on about nothing

UL is such a classy organizationinstead of calling the football coach in the office to tell him that the University has decided to go in a different direction, they decide to send him a TEXT MESSAGE relieving him of his duties. You wonder why the University is always being sued?

Bustle and Lee were good coaches.its the administration that is screwed up. You can't just throw money at coaches and expect things to all of a sudden turn around.Sorry! _

You have no idea and you're right, your ideas are opinions because if you knew facts, you wouldn't sound like such a D-bag. Bustle was not texted as to being relieved of his duties and was told before they left for the trip to Monroe by Walker.

_ You can't just throw money at coaches and expect things to all of a sudden turn around.Sorry! _
    I don't think anyone here buys into that theory either. But, I will take the word of a recent opposing coach of Marlin who was also an excellent player (NBA). In his words. Marlin is a damn good coach and WILL turn that program around. He was a little shocked to see a couple of the players we recently recruited too. And by shocked, thought they would go to bigger programs. Nuff said for me.

Until this idea soaks into the heads of people like Bureau, Daigle, and Andrews, we'll keep seeing these kinda of results r.
    Wow that statement is amazing! How many games have you actually been to. Andrews is constatly getting the plays from Coach Marlin and Hardin and attempting to run them. I have visually observed on several occasions "new" players clueless in where the need to be. Player ending up in the same spot as in running the wrong play and Josh will be a great player however he forces too many shots also. That will need to be corrected. I could sit on here and beat each player (old and new) down for thier faults however; if players are not running my plays as is being said then they would not be playing for me. Not executing a play to successful completition is far more different than ignoring your head coach. One is a fact of life in sports because of something called defense the other is inexcusible!

Marlin does not like to loose but perhaps instead of everyone on here and the coach himself might want to take a minute and see if the players like to loose. If they do then get rid of them. Not sure but I know Andrews, Thomas, Diagle, pretty well from thier early years and I know they do not like to loose and have been high level winners in the past. Find it in them Coach it is there may be hollaring and belittling them is not the answer.

igeaux.mobi

_ Wouldn't you like to know? All of my statements are OPINONS and Irrevelant remember? It's obvious that you guys on here are just "fans" and have no idea on what goes on behind the closed doors of UL Lafayette Athetics. So I will keep my "opinions" to myself and let yall ramble on about nothing

UL is such a classy organizationinstead of calling the football coach in the office to tell him that the University has decided to go in a different direction, they decide to send him a TEXT MESSAGE relieving him of his duties. You wonder why the University is always being sued?

Bustle and Lee were good coaches.its the administration that is screwed up. You can't just throw money at coaches and expect things to all of a sudden turn around.Sorry! _
    first off, I didnt say that your statements are opinions and are irrevelant. that was someone else. And second, if you are gonna make accusations like that, you should probably tell us who you know behind the "closed doors" Just making an accusation like that and not saying how you know it does not make you look credible.

You call running the same play 4 times in a row when on the goal line (this happend multiple times) being a good coach? He did do a great job getting us from where we were but no, it was time to move on. and as for robert leeno he isnt a good coach. He had those guys playing playground basketball. No offensive game plan and no defensive skills. There's a reason we lost to Mobile college, centenary, and McNeese last year. Lee is a good guy, but not a good head coach.

5. Default Re: Louisiana (66) vs McNeese (69) Final

_
    I doubt you are correct but even if you are it was that fear or loathing of hurting the coaches feelings that kept getting them extension after extension.

So if they had to trade between getting a text message and 3 extra years on the job I think they would gladly take a text messsage.

It was part of the reduced buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Look I don't care who you are or much work you have to do to get where you want to be. This team will get to where it needs to be!

You don't jump out to huge first half leads in consecutive games unless you are on the right track.

Is there work to do? Duh, yes, you don't lose huge first half leads unless you have work to do.

But I'm not worried in the least, especially after only a half dozen games or so. _
    very well said. these players are used to losing. Marlin has a big job to do on the mental aspects of this team. I believe he will get there.

Quote Originally Posted by playincajun View Post
    _ Wow that statement is amazing! How many games have you actually been to. Andrews is constatly getting the plays from Coach Marlin and Hardin and attempting to run them. I have visually observed on several occasions "new" players clueless in where the need to be. Player ending up in the same spot as in running the wrong play and Josh will be a great player however he forces too many shots also. That will need to be corrected. I could sit on here and beat each player (old and new) down for thier faults however; if players are not running my plays as is being said then they would not be playing for me. Not executing a play to successful completition is far more different than ignoring your head coach. One is a fact of life in sports because of something called defense the other is inexcusible!

Marlin does not like to loose but perhaps instead of everyone on here and the coach himself might want to take a minute and see if the players like to loose. If they do then get rid of them. Not sure but I know Andrews, Thomas, Diagle, pretty well from thier early years and I know they do not like to loose and have been high level winners in the past. Find it in them Coach it is there may be hollaring and belittling them is not the answer.

igeaux.mobi _
    Playin -

I know you know and like some of these kids. Especially Ramone. i don't think that he is a problem. I think however, there has been a cycle of losing around this program for the past four years. We have to find some type of way to break it. I don't think playing the schedule at home helped. But Cleveland State is a good team, and NMSU is talented, and that was the first game out of the gates.

Somehow Marlin and staff has to fix the problem, we do however have two things going for us.

1) This program despite that last four years has a history of winning.

2) Marlin has won everywhere he went.

_ Wow that statement is amazing! How many games have you actually been to. Andrews is constatly getting the plays from Coach Marlin and Hardin and attempting to run them. I have visually observed on several occasions "new" players clueless in where the need to be. Player ending up in the same spot as in running the wrong play and Josh will be a great player however he forces too many shots also. That will need to be corrected. I could sit on here and beat each player (old and new) down for thier faults however; if players are not running my plays as is being said then they would not be playing for me. Not executing a play to successful completition is far more different than ignoring your head coach. One is a fact of life in sports because of something called defense the other is inexcusible!

igeaux.mobi _
    Reading all the comments about the players not executing the plays is really interesting, b/c of what I saw at Lee's practices.The players wouldn't run the plays in practice! Lee would lose his mind b/c they wouldn't listen and lose his voice pretty quickly. I always thought that the problem may have been the way players were motivated, but it also had to do with the lack of respect the players had for the coaches. There is no doubt in my mind the Coach Marlin knows what to do, it's just a matter of time and the right mix of players. We just need to be patient, as in a season or even 2. It's not going to happen over night. I think we will start to see more progress by mid January during the home stretch we have.

10. Default

Wouldn't you like to know? All of my statements are OPINONS and Irrevelant remember? It's obvious that you guys on here are just "fans" and have no idea on what goes on behind the closed doors of UL Lafayette Athetics. So I will keep my "opinions" to myself and let yall ramble on about nothing

Bustle and Lee were good coaches.its the administration that is screwed up. You can't just throw money at coaches and expect things to all of a sudden turn around.Sorry!
    Your BS lies are opinions and anyone that blatantly makes up slander about anyone has rendered their OPNIONS irrelevant. I know for a fact that the Bustle firing was handled differently, with respect, and I can prove it. I also know, for a fact and can prove, that your claim about TJ is a complete fabrication by you, PLAYA. Did you know it's against the law to falsely accuse some one of NCAA violations of this caliber? You need to watch it There are personal friends and family of the people you accuse of slighting the University on this message board. Tyren didn't fake a damn thing, Bustle was handled with class, and If Robert Lee was such a 'good' head coach, why did he end up as the third assistant at ULM?

If you're going to slander folks, back up your comments with proof. That is all

igeaux.mobi

Way to go.Foo. Someone needed to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    Your BS lies are opinions and anyone that blatantly makes up slander about anyone has rendered their OPNIONS irrelevant. I know for a fact that the Bustle firing was handled differently, with respect, and I can prove it. I also know, for a fact and can prove, that your claim about TJ is a complete fabrication by you, PLAYA. Did you know it's against the law to falsely accuse some one of NCAA violations of this caliber? You need to watch it There are personal friends and family of the people you accuse of slighting the University on this message board. Tyren didn't fake a damn thing, Bustle was handled with class, and If Robert Lee was such a 'good' head coach, why did he end up as the third assistant at ULM?

igeaux.mobi

igeaux.mobi

Foofoo I may be wrong but I think he was referring to Chris's injury at the end of season not Tyren. Not that he is correct in other comments either but Tyren was not hurt.

_ Foofoo I may be wrong but I think he was referring to Chris's injury at the end of season not Tyren. Not that he is correct in other comments either but Tyren was not hurt. _
    that's another flaw in lilbigdow's statement. Lee didnt have a chance at being retained by that point in the season so why would booster tell chris to get hurt so that Lee wouldn't be retained.

Robert is the first asst at ULM.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post

igeaux.mobi

igeaux.mobi

How are all of the players that decided to follow the coach from Tech doing? Are they contributing at all or is it too soon to tell?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information