Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana (66) vs McNeese (69) Final

Default Re: Louisiana (66) vs McNeese (69) Final

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    _ Definitely apples and oranges if you are comparing losing in football to losing in "other" sports. The difference in talent basketball wise is so much less when comparing to Southland conference programs, and basketball has been good in that conference. Many may look at this as a "bad" loss. For me it wasn't so much "bad" as it was frustrating having been up 18 at one point. Any game can get in your head if you are not used to winning (our football for the last decade plus!). Winners know how to close out games. The more you lose, the more you doubt your ability, or at the least, you lack the confidence needed to really show your ability/talent. We have enough talent to compete night in and night out. Hopefully these guys figure this out soon, or this will be a very frustrating season. _

I was at the Houston game, but didn't see this one. It appeared to be the same thing. A good first half, nice lead, only to fall apart in the second half and lose. Sounds like our football team. At Houston, in the second half, the team quit running plays. Marlin was screaming at them at each time out to run the plays. They just stood around and forced up last second shots with no one in position to rebound and Houston outscored them by 26 points. McNeese went on a 21-5 run to win by 3. This is not a good outside shooting team and not enough big guys to rebound. A lot of one on one basketball with few pics to set up shots. Still need to recruit more players and get these guys to buy into his system. Disappointing loss to McNeese. Can we beat them in anything?

Quote Originally Posted by HebertTommy View Post
    _ We may have lost Tyren Johnson and Chris Gradnigo, but the Cajuns are actually doing well (Defensively). A lot more blocked shots and rebounds. Shooting from the field has been terrible thus far. Way too many turnovers and airballs. _
    I agree. Free throws are also getting us in trouble (old players and new). FT's werent strong last year either but they are down to 58% so far.

One player I think will fix his issues is Randell. He has twice as many turnovers per game right now than last year. Hopefully he will get more comfortable in this new system and get a better feel on when to pass and when not to. We're pushing the ball a lot and many times that's where the TO are happening.

We're still really hurting for a big man too. Travis is leading us in boards right now similar to how Tyren did last year.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lilbigdow View Post
    They would've won more games if that booster didn't pay him to act like he was hurt at the end of last season as well.to get Lee fired.OPPS did I say that?.
    Congratulations Your opinion is now completely irrelevant.

igeaux.mobi

Two things that really really erk me.

1. poor free throw shooting

2. poor kickoffs

Not sure why. but i friggin hate that.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ I was at the Houston game, but didn't see this one. It appeared to be the same thing. A good first half, nice lead, only to fall apart in the second half and lose. Sounds like our football team. At Houston, in the second half, the team quit running plays. Marlin was screaming at them at each time out to run the plays. They just stood around and forced up last second shots with no one in position to rebound and Houston outscored them by 26 points. McNeese went on a 21-5 run to win by 3. This is not a good outside shooting team and not enough big guys to rebound. A lot of one on one basketball with few pics to set up shots. Still need to recruit more players and get these guys to buy into his system. Disappointing loss to McNeese. Can we beat them in anything? _
    I was at the game and it was like 2 different games. UL HOT as a firecraker in first half then the Cowboys do the same in the second half. I don't know what their coach said to them in the locker room but we need find out. I don't have an answer but we are missing our 2 best players and we have a new coach with a new system. Plus its still early in the season so lets be patient there is some rebuilding to be done here at UL. Hey its basketball and this happens even to the best teams.

No playa that's A FACTdude if Lee wanted to be an Ass he could have reported that to the NCAA and also other things, but like a man he walked away and let it be!

_ No playa that's A FACTdude if Lee wanted to be an Ass he could have reported that to the NCAA and also other things, but like a man he walked away and let it be! _
    Thank you for the insight Mrs. Lee. By the way, how's the weather up in Monroe?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Louisiana (66) vs McNeese (69) Final

idk how this kid is going under the radar but David Perez is the best player on the team. Him and Randell are the only two that can really shoot from the outside. If Perez was getting half the shots that Brown gets he would score 30 a game

Quote Originally Posted by rth6879 View Post
    _ idk how this kid is going under the radar but David Perez is the best player on the team. Him and Randell are the only two that can really shoot from the outside. If Perez was getting half the shots that Brown gets he would score 30 a game _
    Unfortunately, he is NOT the best player on the team. He is possibly the best shooter (although Daigle will shoot with him when he is on), but his footwork is slow and 1) can't create a shot on his own. and 2) struggles often on defense because he can't keep up.

jmo

_ No playa that's A FACTdude if Lee wanted to be an Ass he could have reported that to the NCAA and also other things, but like a man he walked away and let it be! _
    and how do you know this? I'm sure we would all love to hear how you know that?

It's all head games out on the court. There's an adage in the army: train like you fight, fight like you train. First half of both the UH and McNeese St games, our kids do the things they're taught in practice and they have double-digits leads; they stop doing that in the second half of each game and they get thumped. Until this idea soaks into the heads of people like Bureau, Daigle, and Andrews, we'll keep seeing these kinda of results in games.

Dealing with stuff like this was why I never went into coaching. you have to be as much of a psychiatrist as you are a teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    _ and how do you know this? I'm sure we would all love to hear how you know that? _
    Wouldn't you like to know? All of my statements are OPINONS and Irrevelant remember? It's obvious that you guys on here are just "fans" and have no idea on what goes on behind the closed doors of UL Lafayette Athetics. So I will keep my "opinions" to myself and let yall ramble on about nothing

UL is such a classy organizationinstead of calling the football coach in the office to tell him that the University has decided to go in a different direction, they decide to send him a TEXT MESSAGE relieving him of his duties. You wonder why the University is always being sued?

Bustle and Lee were good coaches.its the administration that is screwed up. You can't just throw money at coaches and expect things to all of a sudden turn around.Sorry!

"UL is such a classy organizationinstead of calling the football coach in the office to tell him that the University has decided to go in a different direction, they decide to send him a TEXT MESSAGE relieving him of his duties. You wonder why the University is always being sued?"

What??!!

_ Wouldn't you like to know? All of my statements are OPINONS and Irrevelant remember? It's obvious that you guys on here are just "fans" and have no idea on what goes on behind the closed doors of UL Lafayette Athetics. So I will keep my "opinions" to myself and let yall ramble on about nothing

UL is such a classy organizationinstead of calling the football coach in the office to tell him that the University has decided to go in a different direction, they decide to send him a TEXT MESSAGE relieving him of his duties. You wonder why the University is always being sued?

Bustle and Lee were good coaches.its the administration that is screwed up. You can't just throw money at coaches and expect things to all of a sudden turn around.Sorry! _
    Lost all credibility there. He ran this progam into the ground. He foolishly went all Frosh after running off a bunch of JC stiffs he recruited and then let the team cultivate a losers mentality. He was also a poor ingame coach, frequently letting his emotions get the best of him. The only time he was successful was when he had Evan's players.
    I am not saying our admins are without fault.they are, but Lee and Bustle were both given a fair shot to win.

"You wonder why the University is always being sued?

Jerry, just stop it. Let it go.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information