Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana (66) vs McNeese (69) Final

Default Re: Louisiana (66) vs McNeese (69) Final

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ Jesus, we lost to McNeese _
    I'm not a big basketball person but I would give Marlin 3-4 years to show a lot of improvement before calling for his head. There was a time when losing to McNeese would be unthinkable. Our sports programs have sunk so low.

2. Default Re: Louisiana (66) vs McNeese (69) Final

You have to go back 50 years since losing to McNeese in Basketball had the same stigma as losing in football.

They have been D1 in basketball for a long long time.
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ I'm not a big basketball person but I would give Marlin 3-4 years to show a lot of improvement before calling for his head. There was a time when losing to McNeese would be unthinkable. Our sports programs have sunk so low. _
    I thank he should get at least 9 years

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ I'm not a big basketball person but I would give Marlin 3-4 years to show a lot of improvement before calling for his head. There was a time when losing to McNeese would be unthinkable. Our sports programs have sunk so low. _
    Definitely apples and oranges if you are comparing losing in football to losing in "other" sports. The difference in talent basketball wise is so much less when comparing to Southland conference programs, and basketball has been good in that conference. Many may look at this as a "bad" loss. For me it wasn't so much "bad" as it was frustrating having been up 18 at one point. Any game can get in your head if you are not used to winning (our football for the last decade plus!). Winners know how to close out games. The more you lose, the more you doubt your ability, or at the least, you lack the confidence needed to really show your ability/talent. We have enough talent to compete night in and night out. Hopefully these guys figure this out soon, or this will be a very frustrating season.

If you rewind to last season the excuse was that the players were good and Lee was a bad coach. It will take a good coach to make this team win.

This season the excuse is that this is not a good team and that the new coach is coaching with the old coach talent, even though the new coach has players that he has recruited on this team that are playing significant minutes.

Can't wait to hear the next excuse 2 seasons from now when this team is still in the same boat

The real icing on the cake will be if UL Monroe w/ Robert Lee on the staff, comes into Lafayette and hangs another L on the Cajuns in the dome!

Quote Originally Posted by lilbigdow View Post
    _ If you rewind to last season the excuse was that the players were good and Lee was a bad coach. It will take a good coach to make this team win.

This season the excuse is that this is not a good team and that the new coach is coaching with the old coach talent, even though the new coach has players that he has recruited on this team that are playing significant minutes.

Can't wait to hear the next excuse 2 seasons from now when this team is still in the same boat

The real icing on the cake will be if UL Monroe w/ Robert Lee on the staff, comes into Lafayette and hangs another L on the Cajuns in the dome! _

You arePartially correct. Yes, the excuses have always been aimed at Robert Lee as the previous coach. I think that this season is playing out to show that wins and losses are always made by the players on the court. Chances are, Marlin is giving instruction that was often similar to what Lee was but the players are not executing as Marlin has mentioned several times. I do think that he is worlds better in truly educating the kids and teaching them versus Lee but the struggles are not surprising. The overall talent level, especially on the front line, is not there and I don't care who is coaching this team.

For those that say that Marlin is using someone else's players is inaccurate. He did recruit and bring in many of our significant contributors like Josh Brown, Scotty farrington, Bryant Mbmamalu and J.J. Thomas.

However, to suggest that this team and program will be in the same condition in two years is ludicrous.

smh

Apparently Bob Marlin has never had winning seasons and has his system in complete effect and a team playing to its full potential 6 games in. Get ready, because this is as good as it gets.

Cant wait for that ULM game. Ooooh boy they gonna put a whoopin on us for the next 5 years.

/sarcasm

_ If you rewind to last season the excuse was that the players were good and Lee was a bad coach. It will take a good coach to make this team win.

The real icing on the cake will be if UL Monroe w/ Robert Lee on the staff, comes into Lafayette and hangs another L on the Cajuns in the dome! _
    Difference is this is not the same team since the two best players from last year are no longer here.

More excuses

Well, only time will tell.TICK TOCK!

_ More excuses

Well, only time will tell.TICK TOCK! _
    Thanks for your contribution

We didn't just lose the best player on our team, we lost the best player in the conference, without tyren last year we wouldn't have won 5 games
    igeaux.mobi

They would've won more games if that booster didn't pay him to act like he was hurt at the end of last season as well.to get Lee fired.OPPS did I say that?.

Default Re: Louisiana vs McNeese (2nd half)

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    _ Im not writing him off, Im just wondering why the hell we're struggling to beat ANYBODY. that is all

I noticed we had some impressive showings but this is 2 games in a row we cant control holding on to a huge lead. _
    The reasons for struggling are easy to identify:
    1) Talent level is average even for the SBC
    2) No inside presence
    3) Free throw % is killing us
    4) As a team we are not physically or mentally tough.

3 and 4 can be addressed this season. The other two will have to be fixed next year.

14. Default

If you rewind to last season the excuse was that the players were good and Lee was a bad coach. It will take a good coach to make this team win.

The real icing on the cake will be if UL Monroe w/ Robert Lee on the staff, comes into Lafayette and hangs another L on the Cajuns in the dome!
    Wrong!

The excuse last year and this year are the same.

The difference being 5 years and 5 games.

igeaux.mobi

15. Default Re: Louisiana (66) vs McNeese (69) Final

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    _ We didn't just lose the best player on our team, we lost the best player in the conference, without tyren last year we wouldn't have won 5 games
    igeaux.mobi _
    We may have lost Tyren Johnson and Chris Gradnigo, but the Cajuns are actually doing well (Defensively). A lot more blocked shots and rebounds. Shooting from the field has been terrible thus far. Way too many turnovers and airballs.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information