Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Four interviewees confirmed

Default Four interviewees confirmed

By BJ Thompson on NBC this afternoon.

Joe DeForest
    Gary Crowton
    Mark Hudspeth
    Gunner Brewer

A minority candidate will need to be interviewed. But chances are our next coach will be one of these 4.

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Four interviewees confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by seehard View Post
    _ By BJ Thompson on NBC this afternoon.

Joe DeForest
    Gary Crowton
    Mark Hudspeth
    Gunner Brewer

A minority candidate will need to be interviewed. But chances are our next coach will be one of these 4.

igeaux.mobi _
    1. Hudspeth
    2. Crowton
    3. Deforest
    4. Brewer
    We should interview Brian Jenkins as the minority candidate and also at least interview Monken. Jay even said Walker's "four or five interviews" could mean six which I would think would be Jenkins as the fifth interview and one of the FCS coaches as the sixth. JMO

I would love to see Jenkins back here in some capacity, maybe off coordinator. My first choice is Hudspeth, but could go with any of the four.

CC

Hudspeth for me.

All seem to be quality candidates. I would bet that Jenkins will be interviewed.

igeaux.mobi

Crowton is certainly the biggest name of the bunch, and he's had some success at schools much like our own in BYU and LaTech, but as Jay mentioned, his best year is usually his first and it's downhill from there. That's a scary proposition, especially if he can't find a QB to fit his system.

Brewer definitely has the "feel" of a guy that we're looking for. Fairly young, has prior head coaching/coordinator experience, is an offensive guy who's spent time working with another hot commodity (Holgorsen), has football in his blood. I have the feeling that he'll be in top 2 consideration when it comes down to it.

Mark Hudspeth is the most ready to succeed here now and in the long-term, I think. Of all the candidates, he reminds me most of Bob Marlin and that "type" of hire. He was ultra-successful at North Alabama, so he knows what it takes to win at a school with budgetary and recruiting constraints like our own, and he's got some connections having spent a year in the SEC. He's also fairly young.I just question if we'll have the opportunity to grab him before somebody swoops in with a bigger, better offer.

Joe Deforest is, for me, the most intriguing candidate. He's got no head coaching or coordinator experience, which makes the thought of handing the program over to him very scary because it could be very bad for us long-term if he isn't successful. However, if we take that risk and he DOES pan out, it'll be an absolute home run. He's a local guy, he'd bring an upgrade to the weaker parts of our team (special teams and defense), he's the recruiting coordinator at one of the best, most talented teams in the Big XII, and he REALLY wants to be here, which lets me know that, if nothing else, he wouldn't be lacking in the effort department as head coach at our university. If he doesn't get the head job, I'd hope that he's considered for job on the staff, perhaps as defensive coordinator, because he's an exciting young talent.

All in all, I love that group of candidates. They all have their flaws, but they could also all easily succeed here if they had the right support. It's going to be an exciting couple of weeks.

Impressive list!

igeaux.mobi

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Crowton is certainly the biggest name of the bunch, and he's had some success at schools much like our own in BYU and LaTech, but as Jay mentioned, his best year is usually his first and it's downhill from there. That's a scary proposition, especially if he can't find a QB to fit his system.

Brewer definitely has the "feel" of a guy that we're looking for. Fairly young, has prior head coaching/coordinator experience, is an offensive guy who's spent time working with another hot commodity (Holgorsen), has football in his blood. I have the feeling that he'll be in top 2 consideration when it comes down to it.

Mark Hudspeth is the most ready to succeed here now and in the long-term, I think. Of all the candidates, he reminds me most of Bob Marlin and that "type" of hire. He was ultra-successful at North Alabama, so he knows what it takes to win at a school with budgetary and recruiting constraints like our own, and he's got some connections having spent a year in the SEC. He's also fairly young.I just question if we'll have the opportunity to grab him before somebody swoops in with a bigger, better offer.

Joe Deforest is, for me, the most intriguing candidate. He's got no head coaching or coordinator experience, which makes the thought of handing the program over to him very scary because it could be very bad for us long-term if he isn't successful. However, if we take that risk and he DOES pan out, it'll be an absolute home run. He's a local guy, he'd bring an upgrade to the weaker parts of our team (special teams and defense), he's the recruiting coordinator at one of the best, most talented teams in the Big XII, and he REALLY wants to be here, which lets me know that, if nothing else, he wouldn't be lacking in the effort department as head coach at our university. If he doesn't get the head job, I'd hope that he's considered for job on the staff, perhaps as defensive coordinator, because he's an exciting young talent.

All in all, I love that group of candidates. They all have their flaws, but they could also all easily succeed here if they had the right support. It's going to be an exciting couple of weeks.
    Well said. Hudspeth or Joe D, IMO, would have untold success here. At any rate, I'm once again impressed by Farmer's list of candidates. This type of thinking bodes well for the future of Louisiana football.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by seehard View Post
    _ By BJ Thompson on NBC this afternoon.

Joe DeForest
    Gary Crowton
    Mark Hudspeth
    Gunner Brewer

igeaux.mobi _
    Not an impressive list!

Read a few posts from MS boards - they were relieved that Hudspeth was had no interset in the job(last night's coachspeak !!!). They want him to take over at MSU when they lose Mullen.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Oh cmon.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Not an impressive list!

igeaux.mobi

Not an impressive list!
    I was wondering who would be first to say it.

igeaux.mobi

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ Not an impressive list! _
    Ah. nothing's good enough for good ol RC90. You must be one incredibly successful person. Just out of curiosity. please provide the four you expected?

The man that has wanted Bustle gone for 3+ years is already going to put down the next hire. That must be a record

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    I was wondering who would be first to say it.

igeaux.mobi

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Ah. nothing's good enough for good ol RC90. You must be one incredibly successful person. Just out of curiosity. please provide the four you expected?
    I'm sure Saban would be #1

igeaux.mobi

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information