Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Write this name down

Default Write this name down

Carl Pelini.

He is very interested in the job and has contacted friends in Louisiana to see if they can help him get his name on the list.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d.ATCLID=1354988

Default Re: Write this name down

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBoudin View Post
    _ Carl Pelini.

He is very interested in the job and has contacted friends in Louisiana to see if they can help him get his name on the list.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d.ATCLID=1354988 _
    Interesting. I like that he is from the defensive side of the ball. College resume isn't too long but he has worked under Solich at Ohio and Bo Pelini ( I assume related?) at Nebraska. I'm actually more impressed with is success at Ohio than at Nebraska. I mean you'd really have to suck not to be successful having Ndomikan Su playing for you. And the age is in the range that most of us say we would like, indicating a hungry young coach on the rise. One thing, if I am correct that he is related to Bo Pelini, and he has friends here in Louisiana that he is contacting he should then understand the financial situation and be wiling to work within our frame work or not bother wasting our time and his time.

_ Carl Pelini.

I wrote it down, now what do I do with it?

Indeed Carl would be an interesting candidate. I just wonder how much he learned from his brother. Yes Bo Pelini is his brother. Is he HC material?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Interesting. I like that he is from the defensive side of the ball. College resume isn't too long but he has worked under Solich at Ohio and Bo Pelini ( I assume related?) at Nebraska. I'm actually more impressed with is success at Ohio than at Nebraska. I mean you'd really have to suck not to be successful having Ndomikan Su playing for you. And the age is in the range that most of us say we would like, indicating a hungry young coach on the rise. One thing, if I am correct that he is related to Bo Pelini, and he has friends here in Louisiana that he is contacting he should then understand the financial situation and be wiling to work within our frame work or not bother wasting our time and his time. _
    I agree it seems like a lot of championship teams have coaches with a defensive background. There are exceptions of course but I have been watching football since the mid 50's and defensive minded coaches seem to do the best.

Quote Originally Posted by allncr1966 View Post
    _ I agree it seems like a lot of championship teams have coaches with a defensive background. There are exceptions of course but I have been watching football since the mid 50's and defensive minded coaches seem to do the best. _
    Defense wins championships in all sports at all levels. If the opponent cannot score, they cannot win. But that does not mean we need to limit ourselves to a defensive minded HC. We need a defensive minded Defensive Coordinator. yes, I state the obvious sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    _ Defense wins championships in all sports at all levels. If the opponent cannot score, they cannot win. But that does not mean we need to limit ourselves to a defensive minded HC. We need a defensive minded Defensive Coordinator. yes, I state the obvious sometimes. _
    then you are limiting us to something that we have done for every coaching hire in the past. hiring an offensive minded coach. look at what saban/smart did at Bama and what the pelini brothers did at Nebraska. saban and smart won a NC and , while they didn't win the SEC west this year, still have a pretty stout defense in the one of the best conferences in the nation, and the pelini's have gone to 2 Big12 championships in 2 years. most of their games are low scoring for their opponents. these kinds of guys stick with what they know best and hire a guy that knows an offense (Hugh Freeze would be an excellent candidate if he is available) and lets them do what they know best. if we could get pelini and steal hugh freeze from stAte or another strong offensive mind then we would probably own this conference.

My preference would be to hire a defensive coach who in turn hires a solid offensive coordinator. Our defense has never had an identity of its own and we are consistently beat in the trenches and disply a lack of toughness late in the game. I would be very interested in seeing if this were to come to fruition. However, I will believe it when it is made official or he is called for an interview. It seems to me that it may be more rumor but who knows. I can say that I am completely for the hiring of a defensive minded coach though.

_ Carl Pelini.

Do you have any verification on your statement in terms of Pellini's interest?

He won't be interviewed Sorry Carl.

Write this name downBob.

Now write it backwardsit's the same!!!! Crazy right?

_ Carl Pelini.

Interesting, Masters in Journalism (intelligent), Catholic (went to same HS as Stoops!!), and his defensive units are very good.

Has a temper problem?
    "On November 20, 2010 Carl Pelini was involved in an incident with Brandon Jones, a co-owner of popular Texas A&M sports site TexAgs, following the Cornhuskers' defeat by Texas A&M in College Station. The photographer stated that an angry Carl Pelini had seized Brandon's camera and broken several pieces from it before throwing them to the ground. Video shows Pelini rushing towards the photographer and camera. Also, photos taken from another camera show Pelini charging Jones and wrestling the camera away."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Pelini

12. Default Re: Write this name down

Can he recruit? Can he build a program? Can a run a clean ship? Can he be an ambassador for Louisiana football? This is what matters

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ Can he recruit? Can he build a program? Can a run a clean ship? Can he be an ambassador for Louisiana football? This is what matters

igeaux.mobi _
    I for one would prefer to have someone who does not embarrasses us.

Of course, I am aware that a lot of people here would gladly hire Satan's meaner brother for head coach, so long as he gave them bragging rights on Sunday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ I for one would prefer to have someone who does not embarrasses us.

Of course, I am aware that a lot of people here would gladly hire Satan's meaner brother for head coach, so long as he gave them bragging rights on Sunday morning. _
    Satan has a meaner brother? Is he an OC or DC? Sign him up.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ I for one would prefer to have someone who does not embarrasses us.

Of course, I am aware that a lot of people here would gladly hire Satan's meaner brother for head coach, so long as he gave them bragging rights on Sunday morning. _
    Some of our games have been on Wednesday and Friday nights. so technically. I'm kind of looking for round the clock bragging rights.

There you go again with condemning bragging rights. I hope you're willing to tell your new bride that she looks great and smells nice from time to time. We all need superficial bragging rights Mr. Fun. As long as we know what really counts, is it really hurting anyone?

By the way. "not embarrassing" is the slightly prettier sister of "bragging" but only slightly.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information