Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ed Zaunbrecher

Default Re: Ed Zaunbrecher

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    _ So back on topic, I assume we're all cool with Zaunbrecher as the next coach, right?

igeaux.mobi _
    Yes, he is a fine man and coach. Think he was from Rayne, La. I think ULM was sorry that they let him go. Their hopes were too high when they moved up.

From where did Coach Z graduate and play college football ?

NLU fired him, and he was their best 1-A coach they've had.

Quote Originally Posted by KAjunRaider View Post
    _ From where did Coach Z graduate and play college football ?
    I knew is was in Tenessee and when I saw that wink, it had to be MT. His dad's job took him and his family from Rayne, LA to Tenessee in the 1950's.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ You better talk to BOP (Jay) about calling out 60 year olds. Jay got the evil eye, a cold shoulder, and a harsh age clarification! _
    Its old to begin again as a head coach and I am 65 so I can call 60 old if I wish. These type of hires don't usually work out well whether he has local ties or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    _ Dang. Good post. _
    You may think so but Cajun Nation didn't get what I was talking about and didn't research these coaches too well. The Nevada coach first became HC there in 1976. So he didn't start out at 50 or 60. At Troy their head coach has been there 19 years again he didn't start out as a HC at 50 or 60. The Northern Illinois coach has only been there 3 years but he had been a very successful HC at 3 smaller schools. He did start at NI late but he had a successful resume before becoming their HC. The Hawaii coach I will give you since he stared there 2 years ago at 63. Over the years I have observed that coaches who are in their 50 or 60's that come into a program like UL's who is down and doesn't have a winning tradition as a whole don't do well. There are of course exceptions but this is something I have observed over 55 years of watching football. If Zaunbrecher or Crowton had been extremely successful head coaches at their previous stops I might have a different opinion but they have been medicore at best and UL has had medicore for too long. UL whether people want to admit it or not is in a rebuilding stage and that is usually a young man's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ And he wasn't 62 when they hired him. _
    So true he has been there 19 years so he started as HC at 42 or 43.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by allncr1966 View Post
    _ Its old to begin again as a head coach and I am 65 so I can call 60 old if I wish. These type of hires don't usually work out well whether he has local ties or not. _
    I was messing with you. You may or may not have read Jay's blog on the Houston basketball coach. Regardless, I tend to agree, I do not think UL is heading in the direction of an older coach at this time in our program.

I would interview Ed. I think Farmer needs to have someone in the mix with Ed's credentials just to complicate his decision.

If the choices were obvious, we wouldn't have all these fans practically going insane trying to make their case for A, not B, C but maybe D. no, D but not A, C but definitely not B.

The truth is that you shake the ____ out of the basket and 5 guys manage not to fall through the cracks. When you finally decide on who it is. you take their best attributes and you yell like hell that those are the best attributes you could possibly want to have in a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I was messing with you. You may or may not have read Jay's blog on the Houston basketball coach. Regardless, I tend to agree, I do not think UL is heading in the direction of an older coach at this time in our program.

I would interview Ed. I think Farmer needs to have someone in the mix with Ed's credentials just to complicate his decision.

If the choices were obvious, we wouldn't have all these fans practically going insane trying to make their case for A, not B, C but maybe D. no, D but not A, C but definitely not B.

The truth is that you shake the ____ out of the basket and 5 guys manage not to fall through the cracks. When you finally decide on who it is. you take their best attributes and you yell like hell that those are the best attributes you could possibly want to have in a coach. _
    No problem

Latest rumor I heard today. Ed Zaunbracher was interested in the job and he wanted Louie Cook to be the OC and he was going to use this to help get him in the door, but Louie turned down the offer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information