Thread: Jake's Spin & Shoot play

1. UL Football Jake's Spin & Shoot play

I think Jake knew from the moment he was grabbed where he wanted to go with the ball. ( Check out the video no audio ) I do think his being spun around caused him to lead the reciever more than he would have like but I really like his 'no play is over till it's over' mentality.

Play till the whistle sounds!!!!!!

Geaux Jake!!

Louisiana!

That was one hell of a play. I love Jake's attitude and energy!!

Interesting that the Saints-San Fran score is in the rolling scoreboard at the bottom of the screen at the completion of the review.

5. Default

Delhomme's TD pass still has fans talking

CHARLOTTE -- There are typically about 140 plays during the course of an NFL game, and every once in awhile one comes along that keeps fans talking for days, and sometimes weeks to come.

Jake Delhomme made such a play this past Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs when he completed a remarkable 3-yard touchdown pass to tight end Kris Mangum.

It's had Carolina fans shaking their heads ever since -- and debating whether Delhomme knew if he was throwing the ball to Mangum or if he was just throwing it up for grabs and hoping for the best.

If you haven't seen the play by now, then you're obvious not a SportsCenter fanatic because it's been shown about 100 times this week on highlight shows.

On a second-and-3 from the Chiefs 3-yard line, linebacker Monty Beisel came free on a blitz and grabbed a fiPleasel of Delhomme's jersey. He spun the Cajun Kid around 360 degrees, at which point Delhomme, realizing he wasn't going to shake 255-pound Beisel, heaved the ball to a wide open Mangum for a touchdown.

If you look at the play on tape, it still looks as though Delhomme simply threw it up for grabs.

But Delhomme insists he didn't.

"I would tell you the truth if I did (just throw it up)," Delhomme said. "Now, I'll be the first one to tell you, you shouldn't try to make that play, but there was no one around (Mangum). I was just trying to throw the guy off me and throw it in there, and the guy just didn't want to come off of me. You get lucky. Hopefully I don't have to do that again this year."

The rest of the story

Steve Reed
    Freedom News Service

I just keep thinking back on how the Saints really blew it. They just can't recognize leadership, talent, & heart.

Thread Information