Thread: UL's John Morgan at Funny Bone in VA

1. Default UL's John Morgan at Funny Bone in VA

New Orleans native John Morgan, the Rajun' Cajun, the University of Louisiana Lafayette grad, is in the house for one last show at 7 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are only $6 for tonight’s show to see Morgan who has been featured on MTV, Showtime, and Night Watch .

2. Default Re: John Morgan at Funny Bone in VA

Anyone here ever see him perform?

Default Re: John Morgan at Funny Bone in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Anyone here ever see him perform? _
    I saw him perform, but it was way back when I was at UL in the late 80's or early 90's. I'm sure his act has changed some since then, so I can't help much. From what I remember, fwiw, I wasn't super impressed by his comedy, but he wasn't bad.

4. Default Re: John Morgan at Funny Bone in VA

_ Anyone here ever see him perform? _
    Yes the former Jesuit Blue Jay has the skills of Jay Thomas (another Blue Jay) real name Jon Terrell !!!!!! BTW the Jays who never get a pre-season ranking are in the final 8 in 5-A state playoffs!!!!!!!

Default Re: John Morgan at Funny Bone in VA

Anyone here ever see him perform?
    John cut his teeth on the "strip". I always wondered what he ended up doing. I guess the same thing he always did.

He was a blast back then and glad to see him still making people laugh.

6. Default Re: UL's John Morgan at Funny Bone in VA

He was doing a routine on hair styles and mentioned Blanco and his combing his hair all the way over from the side---Then he said that Dr. A combed his hair all the way from what was growing out of his ear----wow!!!!!!

Default Re: UL's John Morgan at Funny Bone in VA

wasn't it on the strip on Sunday nights with him and Scott Allen Stagg performing - this is pulling way back into the memory

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    _ wasn't it on the strip on Sunday nights with him and Scott Allen Stagg performing - this is pulling way back into the memory _
    Come on, it wasn't THAT long ago was it?? lol

I spent many nights at Bisbano's listening to Scott Allen Stagg sing, but never saw them perform together.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    _ Come on, it wasn't THAT long ago was it?? lol

I spent many nights at Bisbano's listening to Scott Allen Stagg sing, but never saw them perform together. _
    He performs in town every year here at Cajun Comic Relief. He is not too friendly towards some politicians, especially people like Nancy Pelosi. He takes offense at James Carville being nicknamed the Ragin Cajun as he says he is the true "Ragin Cajun". He does speak well of his time here but when he talks about college sports, he is a Tiger. That is likely due to the fact he lives in Baton Rouge.

It was that long ago. I used to go see them in the late 80's. I used to go see Scott Allen Stagg at Bisbano's also, but around 2am I'd have to crawl back up those steps.

11. Default Re: UL's John Morgan at Funny Bone in VA

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    _ It was that long ago. I used to go see them in the late 80's. I used to go see Scott Allen Stagg at Bisbano's also, but around 2am I'd have to crawl back up those steps. _
    I was in SGA when John was SGA president, I also saw his routine both at Bisbano's and the McKinley Street Pub, not because I wanted to, but usually because I frequented those places way too much. I was a bartender at the old Loose Caboose, so spent most of the late 80's and early 90's on the strip and at Bisbano's, my personal opinion was he was a punk azz bi_ch and I never thought he was even remotely funny. That was 20 years ago, maybe he got funnier. He was all about himself, one of the most conseeded and pompus guys you would ever want to meet.

Just my opinion.

PS, even back then he was a bigger Tigger supporter than he was a Cajun one

RaginDave I felt pretty much the same as you but was trying to be nice. I was at UL about the same time as you were. I'm sure we're not alone.

igeaux.mobi

13. Default Re: UL's John Morgan at Funny Bone in VA

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    _ RaginDave I felt pretty much the same as you but was trying to be nice. I was at UL about the same time as you were. I'm sure we're not alone.

igeaux.mobi _
    1988-1993, great times. Probably the best times I ever had were those years in Lafayette.Man I miss that place. Bartented at the Caboose from 91-93. $1 burgers and PBR on tap for .50!!!!

Thread Information