Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2010: Ricky Bustle's Final Extension

Support 2010: Ricky Bustle's Final Extension

Well David Walker are you happy now???

David Walker what players are the gems Bustle signed with your run the program into the ground extension. David Walker you single handed put this football program back to Nelson Stokley end of career days.

Default Re: well David Walker are you happy now???

David Walker you did the kids no favors in fact

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Swing and a miss.

This last extension was/is a non-issue. He will be fired this November with a small buyout (as was written into the extension)

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
    _ David Walker you did the kids no favors in fact _
    Yo do know that had we fired Rickey Bustle last season we would not have had the money to hire Coach Marlin?

You do know that David Walker restructured Rickey Bustles contract last season to give him a one year extension that reduced the buyout by 80-90%. He knew that Bustles tenure here at UL needed to end, so he took the steps necessary to accomplish that in the most financially sound way that it could be done.

So you may continue to bash David Walker, but you need to understand why thing were done the way they were. If you still want to bash DW after that then fine.

I will go on record right now stating that with the talent returning on this team and next years schedule we will be bowling.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Yo do know that had we fired Rickey Bustle last season we would not have had the money to hire Coach Marlin?

You do know that David Walker restructured Rickey Bustles contract last season to give him a one year extension that reduced the buyout by 80-90%. He knew that Bustles tenure here at UL needed to end, so he took the steps necessary to accomplish that in the most financially sound way that it could be done.

So you may continue to bash David Walker, but you need to understand why thing were done the way they were. If you still want to bash DW after that then fine.

I will go on record right now stating that with the talent returning on this team and next years schedule we will be bowling. _

Ahh, the sounds of logic and reasoning (And no, I'm not being sarcastic)

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Yo do know that had we fired Rickey Bustle last season we would not have had the money to hire Coach Marlin?

I will go on record right now stating that with the talent returning on this team and next years schedule we will be bowling.
    There will be a single season to be bought out, right?

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ There will be a single season to be bought out, right?

igeaux.mobi _
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ There will be a single season to be bought out, right?

igeaux.mobi _
    Yes, instead of close to $500K I think for the buy out prior to the extension, it is now $60K.

cajun4life, how do you see the A.D. search effecting the coaching search? Is Walker going to make this hire before he leaves? Surely we are not going to wait till the beginning of the spring semester (January-when Savoie said the A.D. search would begin) to make a decision on football.

_ Yes, instead of close to $500K I think for the buy out prior to the extension, it is now $60K. _
    How could he have a $500k buy out when he only had 1 year left on his contract?

Nah.he didn't know that. But it wouldn't have mattered. For some, it's just so much easier to take a position without having to know anything about the topic.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by ragin91cajun View Post
    _ cajun4life, how do you see the A.D. search effecting the coaching search? Is Walker going to make this hire before he leaves? Surely we are not going to wait till the beginning of the spring semester (January-when Savoie said the A.D. search would begin) to make a decision on football. _
    I think that the search for a new coach has been going on since we achieved our 6th loss. I am pretty sure, I have nothing to back this up, that Scott Farmer will be the man on this hire.

IMO he will be the next AD for many reasons. One of those reasons is that he is a visionary and great communicator. The other main reason is because he has been with this program for a while and he has a finger on what will happen after the next round of budget cuts.

I think that the new coach will be hire and in place before Christmas and a complete staff hired NLT the BCS championship game. Contracts probably will not be finalized because of pending state approval. That is the time line that I am hoping for.

I really hope that we are down to final interviews the week after conference championship weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    _ How could he have a $500k buy out when he only had 1 year left on his contract? _
    Because his contract had stipulated that if he were terminated all of his assistant coaches had to be bought out as well, if I remember correctly.

14. Default Re: well David Walker are you happy now???

_ Because his contract had stipulated that if he were terminated all of his assistant coaches had to be bought out as well, if I remember correctly. _
    Bustle is shrewd so I wouldn't put it past him but that is an odd agreement for UL to sign on to.

Normally the assistants are year to year so I find any situation unusual where they would benefit (past June) from the firing of the HC.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin91cajun View Post
    _ cajun4life, how do you see the A.D. search effecting the coaching search? Is Walker going to make this hire before he leaves? Surely we are not going to wait till the beginning of the spring semester (January-when Savoie said the A.D. search would begin) to make a decision on football. _

As Cajun4Life mentioned, the decision will be made by Farmer and Walker prior to the new year. We have to have a new coach that has been approved by the BOR no later than Jan 1 in order to recruit for the signing deadline. You can bet that a list of candidates have already been formed and many have been contacted already to gauge interest. The process will move swiftly come next Monday and we will hopefully have a lot to discuss over the next few weeks. I'm not saying that Farmer is absolutely 100% going to get the job but he is the heir apparent and they would have to interview a knock em dead candidate to alter that plan.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information