Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2010: Ricky Bustle's Final Extension

Default Re: well David Walker are you happy now???

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
    _ David Walker what players are the gems Bustle signed with your run the program into the ground extension. David Walker you single handed put this football program back to Nelson Stokley end of career days. _
    Believe me, Coach Bustle is leaving this program in a lot better shape then the one he tookover 8 years ago.

2. Default Re: well David Walker are you happy now???

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Bustle is shrewd so I wouldn't put it past him but that is an odd agreement for UL to sign on to.

Normally the assistants are year to year so I find any situation unusual where they would benefit (past June) from the firing of the HC. _
    Addendum: Assistant coaches already get 6 months pay after being fired at end of season so if Bustle pulled off 18 months pay for his fired (with him) assistants, he is a genius seeing how it would have helped him keep his job.

UL Football Re: well David Walker are you happy now???

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Yo do know that had we fired Rickey Bustle last season we would not have had the money to hire Coach Marlin?

You do know that David Walker restructured Rickey Bustles contract last season to give him a one year extension that reduced the buyout by 80-90%. He knew that Bustles tenure here at UL needed to end, so he took the steps necessary to accomplish that in the most financially sound way that it could be done.

So you may continue to bash David Walker, but you need to understand why thing were done the way they were. If you still want to bash DW after that then fine.

I will go on record right now stating that with the talent returning on this team and next years schedule we will be bowling. _
    What is next year's schedule?
    Don't we play Nichols in the "Swamp"?
    Conference games at home: North Texas, Troy, Florida Atlantic, ULM.

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    _ What is next year's schedule?
    Don't we play Nichols in the "Swamp"?
    Conference games at home: North Texas, Troy, Florida Atlantic, ULM. _
    OOC Games
    @ Arizona
    @ OK State
    @ Kent St.
    Nichols

Belt Games
    Troy
    ULM
    UNT
    FAU
    @ WKU
    @ FIU
    @ MTSU
    @ ASU

I believe we are more talented right now than Kent St., Nichols, UNT, FAU, WKU, and FIU.

We have talent equal to ULM, Troy, MTSU and ASU.

Only games talent wise that we should not compete in is Arizona and OK State.

UL Football Re: well David Walker are you happy now???

_ OOC Games
    @ Arizona
    @ OK State
    @ Kent St.
    Nichols

Belt Games
    Troy
    ULM
    UNT
    FAU
    @ WKU
    @ FIU
    @ MTSU
    @ ASU

I believe we are more talented right now than Kent St., Nichols, UNT, FAU, WKU, and FIU.

We have talent equal to ULM, Troy, MTSU and ASU.

Only games talent wise that we should not compete in is Arizona and OK State. _
    Thanks for posting next year's opponents. We should be competitive in 10 of the 12 games.

6. Default Re: well David Walker are you happy now???

Another 5 home game season? eeeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
    _ David Walker what players are the gems Bustle signed with your run the program into the ground extension. David Walker you single handed put this football program back to Nelson Stokley end of career days. _
    More than likely Walker was a good administrator, but wouldn't accept the PR aspects of the job. If you need public support I think your AD needs to make friends. Instead, he seemed to be a behind the scenes guy, like Dr. Authement. These kind of people are needed and can contribute a great deal to success, but IMO not in the Athletic Director position.

Hopefully the next AD, who I think will be Scott Farmer, will better embrace the role of a public figure so we can move on these projects and generate some momentum.

Scott Farmer used to get on Jay's show every week when he was first hired. I haven't heard him in a year.

In all the years I've followed Cajun athletics, the #1 complaint I have heard was the lack of faith in the decision makers.

What I have thought is that athletics has been part of an overall plan to grow the university. I have also thought that the previous administration was so afraid of another death penalty like the one that basketball received that they were too distruPleasel of the public to allow athletics to grow. Finally I thought there were plans that weren't revealed because the administration knew we wouldn't like them because it involved waiting as long as we have to address athletics.

Because of my feelings about public opinion I figured a media blitz with super salesmanship would be necessary to change it.

But it's really up to the next AD to figure out how to get the job done.

10. Default Re: well David Walker are you happy now???

Bump

With hindsight, I'm reminded how wise and astute California Cajun really was.

I miss his insight.

Yep and discussions today are a lot like yesterday's. RIP Cali

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Yep and discussions today are a lot like yesterday's. RIP Cali
    Thinking same, current threads are just recycled over et over.sometimes different posters but same message.

I already know with 99% accuracy what's going to be posted here the next 20-25 Decembers during the early signing period.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Thinking same, current threads are just recycled over et over.sometimes different posters but same message.

I already know with 99% accuracy what's going to be posted here the next 20-25 Decembers during the early signing period.
    Wash, rinse and repeat.

Yo do know that had we fired Rickey Bustle last season we would not have had the money to hire Coach Marlin?

You do know that David Walker restructured Rickey Bustles contract last season to give him a one year extension that reduced the buyout by 80-90%. He knew that Bustles tenure here at UL needed to end, so he took the steps necessary to accomplish that in the most financially sound way that it could be done.

So you may continue to bash David Walker, but you need to understand why thing were done the way they were. If you still want to bash DW after that then fine.

I will go on record right now stating that with the talent returning on this team and next years schedule we will be bowling.
    Props to C4L on calling this on the tail end of a 3 win season and practically minutes after our 7th straight loss of the season.

Well done, sir. While I don’t remember this thread, I’m sure if I read it, I came away thinking you were off your rocker.

15. Default Re: well David Walker are you happy now???

Yo do know that had we fired Rickey Bustle last season we would not have had the money to hire Coach Marlin?
    Totally ironic how the attitude of let's prolong an unproductive coaches tenure (so we can save money) has been taken to the next level (over and over) by the coach that benifitted from the undeserved retention of Bustle

Marlin was taking notes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information