Thread: Claiming the forfeited games vs Texas Tech

1. UL Football Claiming the forfeited games vs Texas Tech

This year marks the 28th anniversary of a stellar 9-2 season which saw 2 losses by a total of 5 points. Of course this is only part of the story since the season was marred by the forfeiture of the first 2 games, which turned a spectacular 9-2 season into a respectable 7-4 season.

I found a site link where part of the story is Cincinnati celebrating its historical record involving games played on Sept 18th. I noticed they have no problem claiming the forfeiture victory over UL in 1976, and I think they should.

I'm bringing this up because for some reason UL has a problem claiming same type games forfeited to UL, specifically the games Texas Tech forfeited openly in writing to the NCAA that it illegally won vs. UL in 1994 and 1996. link I would just like equal treatment of this type of situation. UL can use ever historical win it can find.

I have no doubt this is the year that ends the consecutive seasons of futility but I would still like 1996 to go from a 5-6 record to a winning 6-5 record that it deserves. I know I’m being facetious here, but if UL isn’t going to accurately report the wins of 1994 and 1996 vs. TT then I would at least like the 9-2 on the field record of 1976 reinstated.

Geaux Cajuns

As always, we seem to be our own worst enemy. While we have a lot of important things to focus on right now such as getting back to a winning tradition, I agree with you that we need to take care of this and use the rules to our advantage just as everyone else does.

Call Nelson, everyone!!!!!

UL Football

Yep, its Nelson's fault!!

Thread Information