Thread: Cajuns Win Exhibition in Marlin's Debut

1. Default Cajuns Win Exhibition in Marlin's Debut

A stronger effort in the second half, allowed Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns men’s basketball team to come out on top in a exhibition game against Montevallo on Tuesday night, 70-56.

The first half saw the Cajuns struggle to hold on to the ball, committing 14 turnovers. Despite the sloppy play, UL found itself leading 27-19 at the break.

But in the second half, UL tightened up and limited itself to just six turnovers while shooting nearly 50-percent from the floor (16-of-33).

The Cajuns controlled the start of the game before Montevallo grabbed a slim 12-11 advantage at the 7:47 mark. The lead was fleeting as UL closed out the first half on a 15-8 run.

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Cajuns Win Exhibition in Marlin's Debut

nice to see cajuns and win back to back like that for a change

igeaux.mobi

igeaux.mobi

Hate to see them give up so many rebounds, but you just know Coach Marlin will fix that in time.or at least as much as is possible until he gets more of his own players in here.

Wish the crowd had been higher. Hopefully, Friday night's attendance will be considerably higher.

UL Basketball Re: Cajuns Win Exhibition in Marlin's Debut

It will increase by 2 on Friday. Me and my friend. Have season tickets. Believe the crowd will be much bigger Friday.

CC

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajuns Win Exhibition in Marlin's Debut

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ igeaux.mobi

Hate to see them give up so many rebounds, but you just know Coach Marlin will fix that in time.or at least as much as is possible until he gets more of his own players in here.

Wish the crowd had been higher. Hopefully, Friday night's attendance will be considerably higher. _
    I was encouraged by seeing an energized defense, and actual movement in organized patterns on the offensive end of the floor; like you know, they were coached or something. Haven't seen either of those from the Cajuns in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    _ I was encouraged by seeing an energized defense, and actual movement in organized patterns on the offensive end of the floor; like you know, they were coached or something. Haven't seen either of those from the Cajuns in a while. _
    You and your unrealistic expectations.

;-D

I know it's unrealistic, but what can I say? I'm just an idealist that way.

_ igeaux.mobi

Wish the crowd had been higher. Hopefully, Friday night's attendance will be considerably higher. _

I think the rebounding issues will be there again this year due to lack of bodies on the frontline rather than lack of coaching. However, I do think that the disparity will not be as frustrating and we will hold our own on the boards considering our lack of size. I wasn't able to make it but it looks like we are going to shoot the ball a LOT better than in recent years and I'm pretty excited about this year. I plan on being there friday.

i think J.J. Thomas will make an immediate impact on rebounding, he isnt that tall but he is built like a linebacker, having a big,strong body down there can overcome lack of height, rebounding is about positioning, i think this is something the team will get better at as a whole as the season goes on. What i really liked, as someone said before, this team actually looks like they are coached. Marlin, certainly looks like he will have their respect. I like how he talks to each player as they come off the floor after a substitution either good or bad. Also, the team came out in the 2nd half with a different intensity level. I think right now our biggest problem will be chemistry,it will take these guys some time to learn to play together in this offense, which is to be expected. A few times players ran into each other and were in the same spot when being passed the ball. You can tell they are still "thinking" about the offense,once it becomes 2nd nature i think the offense will run a lot smoother. Josh Brown will be a great player, definate candidate for newcomer of the year. Gary, will be a great leader and if he didnt have such a severe injury, he would be the next brian hamilton, hard nosed, smart player. Was really glad to see him be able to play again and contribute. I think he will actually get even better through the year as his leg should get stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ You and your unrealistic expectations.

;-D _
    Fun, you're slippin'!! I thought you were going to say something about "like you know"!!!

_ igeaux.mobi

It definitely will. The crowd last night would've been a decent sized crowd for a big sunbelt game for us last year and it was just an exhibition. Crowd should be huge friday.

Thread Information