Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by CajunHood View Post
    WE SHOULD NEVER PLAY A D1AA
    Weak scheduling
    What is your reasoning? Strength of schedule is the only benefit, and it is a benefit that we don't need right now. We need the visibility provided by conference championships and bowl games. If it is about attendance, two of our largest crowds in history came against McNeese and Southern. Also when you trade an FCS game for something else, you are usually trading home for away.

igeaux.mobi

2. Default Re: 2011 Football Schedule

Jay Walker as saying you can look at last years conference schedule and flip the home-n-home.

Who ever UL played on the road they will be playing at home and the reverse is true as well.

igeaux.mobi

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: 2011 Football Schedule

We need to play the games that we schedule. and play them well.

50% of the issues creating "schedule shaping" in the minds of some fans are attributable to the way we played OOC games during the Bustle era. It is time to stomp FCS schools we play and become far more dangerous against top 50 teams we schedule. That is the root of the issue with our program. not the schedule.

As for the opening game with instate FCS programs on a rotational basis (as workable as possible). I agree. A problem of having that on a forever basis is that we are a target team for large programs to play as their opening season game. for large money. I really don't think we have as much perfect OOC schedule shaping capability as we all wish for.

We need to play the games that we schedule. and play them well.

HOME GAMES:
    Nicholls (I think)
    FAU
    North Texas
    Troy
    ULM

AWAY GAMES:
    Kent State
    stAte
    FIU
    MT
    WKU
    9/3/11 - @ Oklahoma State
    11/26/11 - @ Arizona

Good points.although our goal longer term (IMO) should be to play only ONE top tier BCS program per year.with the other OOC games being against 2nd tier BCS opponents (Okie State, Vandy) and other mid-majors. Another focus in scheduling should be to get as many deals as possible as we are currently in with Okie State (home/away and 3rd game money).

igeaux.mobi

Can we please get 6 home games!!! I would love to see my Cajuns at Cajun Field 6 times per year!
    I also think with a new coach, "WE" as fans need to change our attitude on this board. I feel we can beat OSU as we did for a half this year. We had that game in the bag if it were not for Justin Blackmon and no coaching adjustments in the second half. We want winners, but it starts with our attitude first. Give Coach Hud, his staff and these kids a fair shot before we start setteling for loses. As much as we hate LSU they have it right over thier. Saban changed their culture. They feel as though they should will every game and we should also.
    No matter the ranking of the other team, they can lose on any given day. Like Michigan vs. App. St. or VA. Tech vs. James Madison. We have to start believing in these kids and this program more. THAT IS WHY WE PLAY THE GAME!!! Geaux Cajuns!

if we win 7 games for 5 straight years, we have a problem, i'm sorry if we go 7-5 in marks first two years, the bar needs to be raised. if it becomes normal for 7 wins, then we need to expect more in the future, always trying to get better. IMO

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    _ if we win 7 games for 5 straight years, we have a problem, i'm sorry if we go 7-5 in marks first two years, the bar needs to be raised. if it becomes normal for 7 wins, then we need to expect more in the future, always trying to get better. IMO _
    I was contemplating firing Hudspeth following his first loss, just to make a point. Now, I believe we should fire him right now. and prove that we have raised our expectations.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: 2011 Non Conference Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Didn't they almost beat us last time we played???? Not sure but remember one time it was close!!! _

we won 20-0.with goofball coaching.

Z

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Sarcasm Win!

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    I nominate you for AD. Apparently you could get these teams that we have offered to play home and home with for years and continually refuse to schedule us to make the trip to Lafayette. It is your job. No weak schedules from you now. I want to see all of the those teams on the schedule. I am sure with a phone call from you they will be standing in line to schedule a game. It is obvious that Farmer is too lazy to make the call.

igeaux.mobi

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Finally someone with vision!

We are who we aspire to be. If we don't win the Big 12 championship in 3 years, Hudspeth must GO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I was contemplating firing Hudspeth following his first loss, just to make a point. Now, I believe we should fire him right now. and prove that we have raised our expectations.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ Finally someone with vision!

We are who we aspire to be. If we don't win the Big 12 championship in 3 years, Hudspeth must GO!!!

igeaux.mobi _
    Hell, if he doesn't mention separation in his introduction Monday Walker should grab the mike and fire him on the spot.

Anyone have any early info regarding our away game dates? I'm getting married in oct or nov and don't want to schedule it when we have a home game. Someone help! The fiance is ready to set the date.
    Thanks
    igeaux.mobi

9/3 @ okie state
    9/10 @ kent state
    9/17 nicholls state
    11/26 @ arizona

SBC schedule should be set within a month

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun01 View Post
    Anyone have any early info regarding our away game dates? I'm getting married in oct or nov and don't want to schedule it when we have a home game. Someone help! The fiance is ready to set the date.
    Thanks
    igeaux.mobi

igeaux.mobi

Huddy said it will be released March 1st.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information