Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Football Schedule

Default Re: 2011 Non Conference Football Schedule

WE SHOULD NEVER PLAY A D1AA TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offer up something to the likes of USM, Tulane, East Carolina, Northern Illinois, Marshall, Missouri, Baylor, UH, Rice, anyone, and I mean anyone but D1AA.

I would only schedule a D1AA if it was Southern, other than that, McNeese every 20 years or so.

I would rather latech than nicholls.

Weak scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by CajunHood View Post
    _ WE SHOULD NEVER PLAY A D1AA TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offer up something to the likes of USM, Tulane, East Carolina, Northern Illinois, Marshall, Missouri, Baylor, UH, Rice, anyone, and I mean anyone but D1AA.

I would only schedule a D1AA if it was Southern, other than that, McNeese every 20 years or so.

Weak scheduling _
    I disagree with that assessment for now. What we need is to win games. Period.

If we can get this thing turned around, then we may consider dropping FCS teams.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunHood View Post
    _ WE SHOULD NEVER PLAY A D1AA TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weak scheduling _
    I nominate you for AD. Apparently you could get these teams that we have offered to play home and home with for years and continually refuse to schedule us to make the trip to Lafayette. It is your job. No weak schedules from you now. I want to see all of the those teams on the schedule. I am sure with a phone call from you they will be standing in line to schedule a game. It is obvious that Farmer is too lazy to make the call.

4. Default Arizona UL matchup 2011

At first glance, Arizona's decision to play Louisiana Nov. 26 of next season appeared to be a byproduct of Pac-12 scheduling.

Not so, said UA football operations director Erick Harper. Arizona and the Ragin' Cajuns agreed on the date in March, long before the Wildcats' 2011 Pac-12 schedule was announced.

"After talking back and forth with different schools, they're the ones we kept getting back to," Harper said.

Arizona will play 12 games in 13 weeks, starting with a Sept. 3 game against NAU and ending with the nonconference tilt against UL. The Wildcats will have just one bye, on Oct. 15.

"That's life in the Pac-10 - we schedule the nine conference games, and we always have one top-20 team out of conference," Stoops said. "We'll just deal with it next year."

The rest of the story

I would schedule a 1AA team every year and open the season with them at home. I do not care what the fans would think if that would get us to 6 home games and another victory towards bowl eligibility. Look we need wins, I do not care who they come against. If UL were to start winning 7 games a year for the next 5 years even with a 1AA team on the slate no one would care. Also the culture of the program would start to change and the perception around town and within the state would begin to change as well. It is hard as hell to get to 7-5 when you only play 5 home games. That means you will have to win at least 2 games on the road in order to get to seven wins. Not likely to happen.

We could schedule Lamar, McNeese, Southern, Northwestern St, and Grambling on a five year rotating basis. Just like LSU does with its lesser instate opponents. The McNeese and Southern games would be guaranteed great attendance which raises money and gives better exposure to the program. Those games could be used to show recruits what Cajun field is like with a packed house.

Now I am against scheduling 1AA teams from anywhere outside of the Southland or the Louisiana SWAC schools.

Yes it was very close. Parked next to some Nichols fans and they were very unhappy as I recall.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    _ Yes it was very close. Parked next to some Nichols fans and they were very unhappy as I recall.

CC _
    The last time we played Nichols it was in the 2001-02 season and we won 20-0.

I think you are thinking of the the Northwestern St game that we won 14-7 during the 2004-05 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Didn't they almost beat us last time we played???? Not sure but remember one time it was close!!! _

no it was a 20-0 shutout in 2001, you might be thing iof Northwestern St in in 04 we beat them 14-7

Quote Originally Posted by champgolfpro View Post
    _ no it was a 20-0 shutout in 2001, you might be thing iof Northwestern St in in 04 we beat them 14-7 _
    It was 20-0 and Nicholls had less than 100 yards in total offense.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ It was 20-0 and Nicholls had less than 100 yards in total offense. _
    didn't they finish in the negative that game?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ I would schedule a 1AA team every year and open the season with them at home. I do not care what the fans would think if that would get us to 6 home games and another victory towards bowl eligibility. Look we need wins, I do not care who they come against. If UL were to start winning 7 games a year for the next 5 years even with a 1AA team on the slate no one would care. Also the culture of the program would start to change and the perception around town and within the state would begin to change as well. It is hard as hell to get to 7-5 when you only play 5 home games. That means you will have to win at least 2 games on the road in order to get to seven wins. Not likely to happen.

We could schedule Lamar, McNeese, Southern, Northwestern St, and Grambling on a five year rotating basis. Just like LSU does with its lesser instate opponents. The McNeese and Southern games would be guaranteed great attendance which raises money and gives better exposure to the program. Those games could be used to show recruits what Cajun field is like with a packed house.

Now I am against scheduling 1AA teams from anywhere outside of the Southland or the Louisiana SWAC schools. _
    I have been advocating for this for quite a while.

I'd like our first two games to look like this every year:

1) Home game v. State FCS (or any FCS)
    2) Conference game (Home or Away)

It gives you the best shot at a 2-0 start (worst case 1-1) and even if you play .500 ball the rest of the way, you've got 7 (or 6) wins.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    _ I have been advocating for this for quite a while.

I'd like our first two games to look like this every year:

1) Home game v. State FCS (or any FCS)
    2) Conference game (Home or Away)

It gives you the best shot at a 2-0 start (worst case 1-1) and even if you play .500 ball the rest of the way, you've got 7 (or 6) wins. _

Why can't we rotate our first game every year vs. a Louisiana FCS school? Think about the teams we can rotate - McNeese State, Northwestern State, Southern, Grambling, Nichols State and SE Louisiana. We couldn't ask for a better opening game. It is what the BCS schools do, albeit sometimes a Sun Belt school instead of an FCS school (not sure there is much difference). This SHOULD BE a guaranteed win to open each season, at least in the future (certainly not with this coaching staff). We need to get to where we are winning 7 OR MORE games EVERY year, going to a bowl game EVERY year, and this should help to assure that. Heck, even LSU is playing McNeese. LA Tech played Grambling, Auburn played Chatanooga, etc. etc. Every BCS school does it except us. Instead, we play 3 BCS games and lose all three and start the year on not only a losing note, but we got pummeled which hurts the team's morale and the fans psyche. Let's pack our stadium like we did vs. Southern and we won't need to play the money game to open the season. Play an FCS team to open the season, play a team from a comparable conference like the WAC, MAC or C-USA and play a BCS school. If we need a 4th game, play another mid-major program for at least a potentially winnable game, not fodder for a Top 10 program. We can play those games later when we start winning and going to bowl games. We need more of a scheduling strategy to develop a winning program.

Default 2011 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Can anyone post the 2011 football schedule? I think we open up @ Oklahoma St, but not sure about the rest of the schedule.

This is so COOL Re: 2011 Non Conference Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ I would schedule a 1AA team every year and open the season with them at home.
    Just please make sure it is not Mcnesse.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. cajun View Post
    _ Just please make sure it is not Mcnesse. _
    Why not? They are no different than any other in-state D1aa. Hopefully this staff will not take warnings from the fans lightly and have our team prepared for the game. Of course that should be true regardless of the opponent.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information