Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: UL (21) vs Miss (43)

Default Re: u pathetic motha f ers

Quote Originally Posted by ragin2112cajun View Post
    _ I am more than 2000 miles away and sounds like know one down there gives a damn! fire that sorry sac of poop! Yes that skunk head carried us out of the Admin playing the race card with Baldwin but he has obviously shown he can't take us where we expect to be.
    SO FIRE HIM _ _ IT. _
    I'll say it again, Bustle is gone! That is a done deal, they will not fire him mid-season "publicly" that is not the athletic departments style. They already have a list of candidates to replace him. With the 7th loss the process will be in full motion to hire a new staff before we get deep into recruiting.

So relax, enjoy the fact that you are 2000 miles away and trust in the fact that there are a ton of people who care.

Default Re: UL (21) vs Miss (43)

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I agree with Hammer in that the OL struggles were the main issue tonight. McGuire's stats were poor due to the pounding he took. Granted he missed some open guys and could have played better. However, in the 2nd half he was rushed on almost every throw. _
    I just finished watching the game. Man our OL was terrible. For that matter the front 7 on D was pretty underwhelming. The new coach is going to inherit some nice skill players, but there is not much talent on either line.
    As for McGuire, he would have played great if he was the Ole Miss QB. There guy had all day to throw and still had trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ I just finished watching the game. Man our OL was terrible. For that matter the front 7 on D was pretty underwhelming. The new coach is going to inherit some nice skill players, but there is not much talent on either line.
    As for McGuire, he would have played great if he was the Ole Miss QB. There guy had all day to throw and still had trouble. _
    If you notice, most of the pressure comes from the left side. Seams like our better OL are playing on the right side of the ball.

Also, what is up with all the penalties from Decoster? Seams like every time there is a penalty on the OL, #73 is being called out. He is a 3L Sr. He should be leading the OL. Sorry about the rant but unnecessary penalties like a false start just agrave me. 3rd and 2 vs 3rd and 7 . Huge differences that change the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I agree with Hammer in that the OL struggles were the main issue tonight. McGuire's stats were poor due to the pounding he took. Granted he missed some open guys and could have played better. However, in the 2nd half he was rushed on almost every throw.
    Was the O-line terrible? Yes. But let me say something to all the Masson haters, he would've stepped in and made the throw knowing he would get hit. Too many times did I see him trying to scramble when there was a player wide open downfield. And too many times did he only look for one reciver and if that guy wasnt open, he'd throw it anyway. For those of you that say brad is the better thrower, tell me what makes you say that? Brad played hard but I see why masson was named the starter

igeaux.mobi

5. Default Re: UL (21) vs Miss (43)

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    _ Was the O-line terrible? Yes. But let me say something to all the Masson haters, he would've stepped in and made the throw knowing he would get hit. Too many times did I see him trying to scramble when there was a player wide open downfield. And too many times did he only look for one reciver and if that guy wasnt open, he'd throw it anyway. For those of you that say brad is the better thrower, tell me what makes you say that? Brad played hard but I see why masson was named the starter

igeaux.mobi _
    An extra 18 months of 1st string snaps makes a big difference.

Still Masson should have been better than 5-15-1 against Georgia a team that didn't even know it's defensive starters yet.

_ Was the O-line terrible? Yes. But let me say something to all the Masson haters, he would've stepped in and made the throw knowing he would get hit. Too many times did I see him trying to scramble when there was a player wide open downfield. And too many times did he only look for one reciver and if that guy wasnt open, he'd throw it anyway. For those of you that say brad is the better thrower, tell me what makes you say that? Brad played hard but I see why masson was named the starter
    igeaux.mobi _
    Not trying to start a ____ing contest with you. But I challenge yo to find anyone who stated McGuire was a better thrower. What we were stating is that McGuire was a better leader and sparked the team when he was in there. That has been true in the past when he has come off the bench. He is not perfect but I don't think any QB could have done much better especially with the way Ole Miss' DE / DT were teeing off and coming through virtually unblocked so often. Decoster and Bates must be suffering from wind burn this morning the way those guys breezed past them in the second half. Bates is a freshman but as someone else pointed out Decoster is a senior, you would expect better. Sadly, watching the second half, IMO, some of our guys looked like they were packing it in.

Once again I am sad for our seniors that they came here and committed to us only to be let down by poor coaching. I wish many of those guys had another year of eligibility so they could get a chance to have success with a new staff. I hope next years seniors can have something to fight for and celebrate at this point next year.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

igeaux.mobi _
    I've been neutral on our QBs. I don't think any of our QBs can overcome the deficits in other areas of our offense. With our balance of skill, we need superior coaching. Everyone keeps looking at some detail in our program and being critical, when in reality, nothing can be isolated and blamed on its own from a player perspective.

Our coaching has to be high risk on both sides of the ball. We have to play start to finish, dangerously. I do not believe in UL just taking what we get in athletes, coaching them through the basics, running basic plays and trying to execute flawlessly as the key, and expect to beat the balance of our games. We have got to go out and get a dangerous coaching staff.

I think most teams and most coaches do what many boxers do. They come out and dance around with us both offensively and defensively. They test whether we have a powerful jab (and we don't) and/or if we are going to throw a few haymakers early (which we don't). What a Bustle program does is execute the base packages cleanly. When we're fresh, early in a game, and the other team is still feeling us out, we are good at our base packages. This convinces our coaching staff to stick with it. The opponent begins to suspect we are incapable of the big punch so they start tightening the noose. We usually get choked out.

Unfortunately, every team we play starts disrespecting our ability to burn them, so they start coming after us. Our lines gas out usually around the middle of the 3rd quarter. Our DL plays to take a beating and hold their lanes. It has killed us all year. Our OL is expected to buy our QBs and backfield far too much time. They get worn out as well. We have to get coaches that practice excessive speed in going from snap to skill player with the ball. It is a big risk. that is where mistakes can flare up on you. but you do it when you are, on balance, not as gifted as your opponents.

I could care less about tweeking our schedule (we have to have the money games). I could care less about analyzing the details when our system doesn't work. We need to change offensive and defensive systems. We've got to stop thinking we can go toe to toe and pull these games out. We had something that could have succeeded when we had MD, Fenroy and Chery. It was enough of a triple threat to overcome other issues in our program. But, we all know what happened. we lost one leg of the triangle and it all fell apart. It was Bustle's one shot at the system he runs and it fizzled out.

We should have always known that a Bustle program is a 5 to 6 win season. begging for a 7th win. While he is hoping for a 7th win to come from an OOC matchup, he almost always loses a game against someone expected to be an easy win. We are not dangerous with Bustle. We can only be dangerous with the next coaching staff if THEY are dangerous minded coaches.

UL needs to stop thinking that danger in football, for us, is a high risk. We have nothing to lose. It is an enviable position if we play it right. We need to be silly risky. If our next coaching staff does not coach the techniques and plays that are selling out 90% of the time, we will forever be in for mediocre outcomes. I absolutely guarantee it.

I thought the cajuns looked winded. Especiallly in the second half?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Not trying to start a ____ing contest with you. But I challenge yo to find anyone who stated McGuire was a better thrower. What we were stating is that McGuire was a better leader and sparked the team when he was in there. That has been true in the past when he has come off the bench. He is not perfect but I don't think any QB could have done much better especially with the way Ole Miss' DE / DT were teeing off and coming through virtually unblocked so often. Decoster and Bates must be suffering from wind burn this morning the way those guys breezed past them in the second half. Bates is a freshman but as someone else pointed out Decoster is a senior, you would expect better. Sadly, watching the second half, IMO, some of our guys looked like they were packing it in.

Once again I am sad for our seniors that they came here and committed to us only to be let down by poor coaching. I wish many of those guys had another year of eligibility so they could get a chance to have success with a new staff. I hope next years seniors can have something to fight for and celebrate at this point next year. _
    Plenty of people said that they think McGuire was the better passer. especially after last week. I like McGuire, I think he is a great leader but i was at the game and I saw him make a bunch of passing mistakes. Mistakes that Masson wouldn't have made. Maybe it is b/c of lack of reps but he played well last week. If you think about it, this was the first time ever that an opposing team had film on McGuire at QB. ASU didn't have it last year and Ohio certainly didn't have any. Ole Miss did, and they exploited him. I'm not putting ALL the blame on McGuire but make no mistake, he did not play well.

Quote Originally Posted by Etowncajun View Post
    _ I thought the cajuns looked winded. Especiallly in the second half? _
    The defense played with heart in the 2nd half. 13 pts allowed in the 2nd half (although they didn't have Masoli). They played with terrible field position ALL game and back to back times in the second half they held them to a FG when it was 1st and Goal on the 2. They played hard. The offense just couldn't get anything going.

_ Plenty of people said that they think McGuire was the better passer. especially after last week. I like McGuire, I think he is a great leader but i was at the game and I saw him make a bunch of passing mistakes. Mistakes that Masson wouldn't have made. Maybe it is b/c of lack of reps but he played well last week. If you think about it, this was the first time ever that an opposing team had film on McGuire at QB. ASU didn't have it last year and Ohio certainly didn't have any. Ole Miss did, and they exploited him. I'm not putting ALL the blame on McGuire but make no mistake, he did not play well. _
    I don't recall anyone saying that McGuire was a better passer. In fact I think most of us concede that strictly based on passing drills in practice Masson may be the better passer. I do recall many, myself included, commenting on the fact that he threw well for a guy who the coaching staff insinuated could not throw well. I just think given a decent O-line that McGuire is the better all around leader and QB especially for the offense we want to run.

_ Plenty of people said that they think McGuire was the better passer. especially after last week. I like McGuire, I think he is a great leader but i was at the game and I saw him make a bunch of passing mistakes. Mistakes that Masson wouldn't have made. Maybe it is b/c of lack of reps but he played well last week. If you think about it, this was the first time ever that an opposing team had film on McGuire at QB. ASU didn't have it last year and Ohio certainly didn't have any. Ole Miss did, and they exploited him. I'm not putting ALL the blame on McGuire but make no mistake, he did not play well. _
    I agree that Brad did not play well but I don't think any QB would have had good stats with the OL playing so poorly. A big factor in the game was having Spikes limited for much of the game. He is dangerous as a receiver and especially on check downs or screens. Without his threat, it let the Ole Miss DL really tee of on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ I don't recall anyone saying that McGuire was a better passer. In fact I think most of us concede that strictly based on passing drills in practice Masson may be the better passer. I do recall many, myself included, commenting on the fact that he threw well for a guy who the coaching staff insinuated could not throw well. I just think given a decent O-line that McGuire is the better all around leader and QB especially for the offense we want to run. _
    There were some that said they believed that Brad is a better passer and some that definitely said that if Brad would have gotten the reps that Chris got, he would be just as good or better of a passer than McGuire

_ There were some that said they believed that Brad is a better passer and some that definitely said that if Brad would have gotten the reps that Chris got, he would be just as good or better of a passer than McGuire _
    Well supposedly Brad will have surgery on his throwing hand on Wed. So we will now see how good of a passer Blaine is.

15. Default Re: UL (21) vs Miss (43)

Well if Gautier gets to play---I finally get my wish of the last 2 years----just want to see if he is as good as I think---players have said that he is has the bast arm of the 3 and I did not say the bast passer---I also think that he is the fastest---could be wrong ---but I can't wait!!!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information