Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread: UL (21) vs Miss (43)

Default Re: UL (21) vs Miss (43)

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Well supposedly Brad will have surgery on his throwing hand on Wed. So we will now see how good of a passer Blaine is. _
    That may be the reason he played so poorly. I know if he injured it during the game then that can really affect his decision making and accuracy.

2. Default Re: UL (21) vs Miss (43)

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    _ There were some that said they believed that Brad is a better passer and some that definitely said that if Brad would have gotten the reps that Chris got, he would be just as good or better of a passer.
    You called?

I tell you what I base my belief on. Coach Russ Faulkinberry once told me Jake worked out so much in the offseason, like a "workhorse" was the word he used, and when training camp came he had no touch on the ball.

According to coach both he and Jake knew his early season touch was off and when Mike Ditka was making his decision Russ gave Jake the advice for long patterns to just overthrow the receivers as far as he could. It worked.

I think Brad has been working out like a running back not a quarterback for the last few months, although I have no way of knowing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I've been neutral on our QBs. I don't think any of our QBs can overcome the deficits in other areas of our offense. With our balance of skill, we need superior coaching. Everyone keeps looking at some detail in our program and being critical, when in reality, nothing can be isolated and blamed on its own from a player perspective.

Our coaching has to be high risk on both sides of the ball. We have to play start to finish, dangerously. I do not believe in UL just taking what we get in athletes, coaching them through the basics, running basic plays and trying to execute flawlessly as the key, and expect to beat the balance of our games. We have got to go out and get a dangerous coaching staff.

I think most teams and most coaches do what many boxers do. They come out and dance around with us both offensively and defensively. They test whether we have a powerful jab (and we don't) and/or if we are going to throw a few haymakers early (which we don't). What a Bustle program does is execute the base packages cleanly. When we're fresh, early in a game, and the other team is still feeling us out, we are good at our base packages. This convinces our coaching staff to stick with it. The opponent begins to suspect we are incapable of the big punch so they start tightening the noose. We usually get choked out.

Unfortunately, every team we play starts disrespecting our ability to burn them, so they start coming after us. Our lines gas out usually around the middle of the 3rd quarter. Our DL plays to take a beating and hold their lanes. It has killed us all year. Our OL is expected to buy our QBs and backfield far too much time. They get worn out as well. We have to get coaches that practice excessive speed in going from snap to skill player with the ball. It is a big risk. that is where mistakes can flare up on you. but you do it when you are, on balance, not as gifted as your opponents.

I could care less about tweeking our schedule (we have to have the money games). I could care less about analyzing the details when our system doesn't work. We need to change offensive and defensive systems. We've got to stop thinking we can go toe to toe and pull these games out. We had something that could have succeeded when we had MD, Fenroy and Chery. It was enough of a triple threat to overcome other issues in our program. But, we all know what happened. we lost one leg of the triangle and it all fell apart. It was Bustle's one shot at the system he runs and it fizzled out.

We should have always known that a Bustle program is a 5 to 6 win season. begging for a 7th win. While he is hoping for a 7th win to come from an OOC matchup, he almost always loses a game against someone expected to be an easy win. We are not dangerous with Bustle. We can only be dangerous with the next coaching staff if THEY are dangerous minded coaches.

UL needs to stop thinking that danger in football, for us, is a high risk. We have nothing to lose. It is an enviable position if we play it right. We need to be silly risky. If our next coaching staff does not coach the techniques and plays that are selling out 90% of the time, we will forever be in for mediocre outcomes. I absolutely guarantee it. _
    I completely agree with this. Bustle's system is set up for mediocracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ You called?

I tell you what I base my belief on. Coach Russ Faulkinberry once told me Jake worked out so much in the offseason, like a "workhorse" was the word he used, and when training camp came he had no touch on the ball.

According to coach both he and Jake knew his early season touch was off and when Mike Ditka was making his decision Russ gave Jake the advice for long patterns to just overthrow the receivers as far as he could. It worked.

I think Brad has been working out like a running back not a quarterback for the last few months, although I have no way of knowing this. _
    Very true. But then how did he do so well against Ohio? I obviously wasn't able to watch the game. I listened to it though. Maybe Ohio wasn't aggressive on defense like ole miss was. Do you know anything about how Ohio played their defense. did they pressure brad or did they drop off and played coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Well supposedly Brad will have surgery on his throwing hand on Wed. So we will now see how good of a passer Blaine is. _
    I heard that his hand was hurt in the Ole miss game and it went back to an injury sustained against Ohio. If thats the case, it makes sense why he wasn't able to throw as well as he had been.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    I heard that his hand was hurt in the Ole miss game and it went back to an injury sustained against Ohio. If thats the case, it makes sense why he wasn't able to throw as well as he had been.
    The original injury to Brad's thumb was mentioned at last Monday's QB Club. But it was mentioned in an offhand manner that did not suggest it was a problem. Maybe it was more serious than they first let on. It sounds like he re-injured it against Ole Miss.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    Very true. But then how did he do so well against Ohio? I obviously wasn't able to watch the game. I listened to it though. Maybe Ohio wasn't aggressive on defense like ole miss was. Do you know anything about how Ohio played their defense. did they pressure brad or did they drop off and played coverage?
    The Cajuns got the ball to their playmakers (Green, Surgent, etc.) in space against Ohio, which lacked UL's athleticism defensively. That resulted in several big gains after the catch.

igeaux.mobi

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread Information