Thread: Softball Strength of Schedule (RPI)

UL Softball Softball Strength of Schedule (RPI)

FYI it seems that in 2005, there will be no problem with strength of schedule for the Cajun Softball Team. Take a look at the NFCA LeadOff Classic participants.

LeadOff Classic teams

2. Default

Originally posted by LuLu
    Take a look at the NFCA LeadOff Classic participants.
    Wow what a SOS lineup!

I wonder how many fields the South Commons Complex has to play on, or how many are needed to hold a 24 team tourney in just 3 days.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Turbine, it will be sweet when we win that one.

Z.

Oh Yeah, how sweet it will be!!!!!

DaddyCajun!!!

If you were the one in charge of the schedule, when would you want to meet LSU? Would you want to meet them at the beginning and try to send them to the loser's bracket or meet them in the championship game? I'm assuming that it is a double elimination tournament. Someone refresh my memory.

What a delimma for LSU. Should they not go to one of the premier tournaments in the country because we're there, or go and pray that they don't meet up with Brooke Mitchell and the Lady Cajuns. Just remember Yvette. It's all about the kids. LOL!

Man, you call that a strong lineup? Where are Arizona, UCLA, & Texas? The Cajuns ought to just breeze thru this field! LOL

I certainly agree with you, it will be a breeze. Most of them are "big name" softball teams, just like we are. When you win a tournamet like this one, the "doubters" will begin to doubt themselves. You do have to realize only one of these teams did not get to Regionals, I don't recognize which one. But, four of them did get to the WCWS in 2004. Arizona didn't, thanks to the UL Ragin Cajuns. So, playing here makes our schedule look very good.
    Arizona, UCLA and Texas will probably be at the "other" National Tournament; Palm Springs. Strange that you should put Texas in with UCLA. They didn't get to the World Series in 2004. Cat Osterman is good, but you need a team. Will they have the team? We've got the TEAM!

"Strange that you should put Texas in with UCLA. They didn't get to the World Series in 2004. Cat Osterman is good, but you need a team."

The reason I said Texas was they were in the WCWS the same year as us (2003). Remember, we played them a great game? But Cat didn't pitch for them last year, as she was getting ready for the Olympics. But I understand what you're saying about the whole team. Obviously Texas wasn't the same without her. However, softball is a pitcher-dominated sport. Where would we be without Brooke? (That's just an example, hopefully one of other younger pitchers would step up)

The way it works is. the teams are split into "Pools." Those teams play each other. Depending how you finish in your pool determines who you play after that, or even if you get to play at all.

After that, it's single elimination.

Thread Information