Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana's Push for Tier One status

Default Re: Tier 1

I get it that Turbine resurrected this 10 year old thread because some of you are talking about the academic status of this university now. My question for any of you is who will call Dr. Savoie and ask him then post the answer here? His phone number is 337-482-6203.

Default Re: Tier 1

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I get it that Turbine resurrected this 10 year old thread because some of you are talking about the academic status of this university now. My question for any of you is who will call Dr. Savoie and ask him then post the answer here? His phone number is 337-482-6203.
    What the heck, I’ll give it a shot. I’ll call tomorrow and let y’all know how it goes.

3. Default Re: Tier 1 Universities

I thought Louisiana was aiming for Carnegie Classification R1 ???

Default Re: Tier 1 Universities

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I thought Louisiana was aiming for Carnegie Classification R1 ???
    C4L explicitly refered to that status as the one for which we do not qualify.

Default Re: Tier 1 Universities

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    C4L explicitly refered to that status as the one for which we do not qualify.
    And he is correct, though some don't want to see it that way.

6. Default Re: Tier 1 Universities

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    See post 91. C4L explicitly refered to that status as the one for which we do not qualify.
    Thanks.

Edit: I didn't know Doc I and Carnegie Classification R1 were the same thing.

7. Default Re: Tier 1 Universities

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    And he is correct, though some don't want to see it that way.
    Three posters in a row with a lot of common sense. Others are calling Martin Hall on a Sunday and expecting an answer. People are quickly getting grouped on this board today.

Default Re: Louisiana's Push for Tier One status

Looks like our athletic conference peers are doing it:

https://www.uta.edu/news/news-releas...texas-tier-one

9. Default Re: UT and OU to join SEC?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Yes, yes and yes.
    ....Thanks Beau and congrats to your better half!

Interesting

Default Re: UT and OU to join SEC?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Looking forward to drinking a lot of beer at football, baseball and softball games with Beau while discussing if the Cajuns will ever get out of the SunBelt.

Default Re: UT and OU to join SEC?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Thanks Boomer. She’s spending her summer preparing to graduate those doctoral students to get us to R1 status.

13. Default Re: UT and OU to join SEC?

Thanks Boomer. She’s spending her summer preparing to graduate those doctoral students to get us to R1 status.
    That sounds like a real Cajun trooper. Working where it counts. Get those doctoral candidates graduated.

14. Default Re: UT and OU to join SEC?

...I don't know why we don't have an alumni drive that would have monies for grad school scholarships. ..... what's the number and the costs needed to be given in just ballpark numbers!!! Understand the intra university function of privacy about this!

U S News is a very weak indicator for tier ratings. It's a news journal with no academic background. LSU was recently ranked 153 and Tech 289 plus. Google it. U L and the mission is for the R1 status - Carnegie tier 1 is the most prestigious ranking earned through research at least perceived to be a very good indicator for research.
    Research is a sought after medium in the higher ed world. The myth concerning the big vs smaller uni is exactly that. Big or small doesn't make one better or worse. It depends on student participation, admission criteria, and student retention thus the better the student entering the front door the better the ipeds grad rate when they complete their degrees and go out of the back door. Its all about student recruiting vs the admission criteria. Ipeds = student starts in the fall, remaining in the same institution for 6 years, and graduates. When one hears grad rate ipeds is the most recognized across the board in America. And no it doesn't count towards ipeds if a student changes unis and graduates at another uni. It actually reduces the avg when students leave and graduate form another uni thus retention is important. So who is the leading research institution in Ala the football power house state?? It's not Ala or Auburn it's UAB yes UAB by far. (650,000,000 recent number) What is UABs bipeds grade rate? 52% same a U L as of this past year 2020. So with the primate Ctr going to level 3 possibly by next yr, nursing expansion with the med simulation laboratory, and the med school on the table U L is positioned for Tier 1. All of these additions increase research potential and the actual numbers. So yes finally U L is on the move and the ULS system does not recognize a flagship which is purely metaphorical. LSU is the uninscripted "premiere research institution" meaning first. They are now the flagship for the LSU system. The afore stated upcoming additions and tier 1 at U L will create another flagship although metaphorical for the ULS system albeit with no actual designation. Yes, that other school in La will need to one over. There is a new kid on the block guys and its rapidly becoming real!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information