Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana's Push for Tier One status

Default Re: UT and OU to join SEC?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We’ve been saying that we are close to Doc I status since at least 2005. So you tell me how close we are. We’ve said the same things over and over. We are always soooo close.
    No. You cannot weasel out of this: I never made any such claim, because I know very little of what our status is, despite really wanting to know and having looked high and low for any clues.

You, on the other hand, made a very definite claim. So show us your evidence to back it up.

2. Default Re: UT and OU to join SEC?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    No. You cannot weasel out of this: I never made any such claim, because I know very little of what our status is, despite really wanting to know and having looked high and low for any clues.

You, on the other hand, made a very definite claim. So show us your evidence to back it up.
    I guess this relates to an advance to a higher tier, but does anybody know if our geauxrillas had anything to do with the covid research vax??? Did we get any bucks or recognition? Well were they even used as some rumors might speculate?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I guess this relates to an advance to a higher tier, but does anybody know if our geauxrillas had anything to do with the covid research vax??? Did we get any bucks or recognition? Well were they even used as some rumors might speculate?
    We need a Boomer translator.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    We need a Boomer translator.
    Yeah. His last one has me pretty speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Yes, yes and yes.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    How close is UL to achieving Doctoral I status?
    We’re still in the silent phase.

If we achieve Tier I before 2023 year I’ll donate $1000 to the school of business.

We do not produce enough Doctoral Graduates in enough fields in order to gain R1 Carnegie status.
    Still no facts, so just your opinion. You might be correct, and then again you might not be.

I will say this, our odds are probably the best they could be, with Dr. S working on it. If anyone can get us there he will.

8. Default Re: UT and OU to join SEC?

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    We’re still in the silent phase.
    We won't get many facts during that phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    We won't get many facts during that phase.
    That is spot on.

Still no facts, so just your opinion. You might be correct, and then again you might not be.

I will say this, our odds are probably the best they could be, with Dr. S working on it. If anyone can get us there he will.
    He has been UL President since 2008 and we have been close since then. The fact is you have zero clue as to what the criteria is. So you are asking on a sports message board. So you aren’t really asking for an actual answer. If you were you would have just looked it up yourself.

Louisiana84 is correct. We are in the silent phase. Also the last administrator I spoke with about this stated exactly what I posted earlier. We do not graduate enough doctoral graduates in enough doctoral disciplines to qualify. It wasn’t until 2 or 3 years ago that we offered enough doctoral programs to achieve R1 status.

He has been UL President since 2008 and we have been close since then. The fact is you have zero clue as to what the criteria is. So you are asking on a sports message board. So you aren’t really asking for an actual answer. If you were you would have just looked it up yourself.

Louisiana84 is correct. We are in the silent phase. Also the last administrator I spoke with about this stated exactly what I posted earlier. We do not graduate enough doctoral graduates in enough doctoral disciplines to qualify. It wasn’t until 2 or 3 years ago that we offered enough doctoral programs to achieve R1 status.
    Um, I have done a lot more research than just on this board. You do not know what you are talking about.

Also, I have very clearly said that I have no real clue as to where we are with this goal. So I kind of agree with the whole ‘silent phase’ sentiments expressed here.

12. Default Re: UT and OU to join SEC?

This is very reflective of what has happened since our current president has been in.

Um, I have done a lot more research than just on this board. You do not know what you are talking about.

Also, I have very clearly said that I have no real clue as to where we are with this goal. So I kind of agree with the whole ‘silent phase’ sentiments expressed here.
    Same convo since 2011….so I guess we will get there eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Wow, nothing like extra incentive to beat the no-horns!! Not that the CAJUNS NEED any!!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatTexas
    Hopefully we can beat Texas and then replace them in the Big 12.

Again, where I have ever stated a status much less a timeline for when this will happen? You making these baseless accusations against me is not so much about what I say/believe, but obviously some kind of weird personal thing. Get over it.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information