Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: Louisiana's Push for Tier One status

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Ignore the negative posters talking realignment. They know jack _____ about what’s going on now and what’s coming in 5-7 years.

We have leadership and infrastructure in place to greatly improve our situation when the deck shuffles again. We will be peers with Big 12 institutions. Anyone thinking that’s a pipe dream knows nothing.
    I too am extremely encouraged about what I've been hearing from some behind the curtain. The foundation for greatness is being poured right now!

2. Default Re: Tier 1 Universities

they need a relegation system as there is in european soccer. wins and losses on the field, take out the bias and money.
    too many times i see certain teams not meet the same criteria that is said others need to move up

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I too am extremely encouraged about what I've been hearing from some behind the curtain. The foundation for greatness is being poured right now!
    Hopefully what is happening behind our curtains matters to those behind the curtains of those institutions of which we are trying to become peers.

Default Re: Tier 1 Universities

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Hopefully what is happening behind our curtains matters to those behind the curtains of those institutions of which we are trying to become peers.

Our AD has 18 years experience with those guy behind the curtains we want to be associated with.

5. Default Re: Tier 1 Universities

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Our AD has 18 years experience with those guy behind the curtains we want to be associated with.
    The sky may be the limit when you move from your contacts being generated behind the curtains in the corner booth at the Corner Bar to being created behind the curtains in the thick of things at a P-5 school for 18 years.

MAT I hope you are right! Rusty Clotier once said he went to a Oklahoma State game to see the stadium! That our Cajun Field will rival when done adding on to and remodeling

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Ignore the negative posters talking realignment. They know jack _____ about what's going on now and what's coming in 5-7 years.

We have leadership and infrastructure in place to greatly improve our situation when the deck shuffles again. We will be peers with Big 12 institutions. Anyone thinking that's a pipe dream knows nothing.
    I don't believe that UL will ever be peers with Big 12 institutions. We simply do not have the resources it would take to do so.

I'd rather us aspire to become peers with UH, Memphis, UCF, and USF. There's a chance that something like this could actually happen some day.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The sky may be the limit when you move from your contacts being generated behind the curtains in the corner booth at the Corner Bar to being created behind the curtains in the thick of things at a P-5 school for 18 years.
    That simply isn't how things work in this business. P5 schools have no intentions of including any G5 school into their elite group. The very reason they formed the P5 in the first place was to put greater distance between themselves and the schools that make up the G5.

Don't kid yourself. Napier is just like every other up and coming coach. His focus is on using any "contacts" he has to promote HIMSELF and his ability to make the move up to a P5 institution. That doesn't make him a bad guy, it's just the way things work in this business. In fact, any time you hear any coach at the G5 level talk about wanting to "build the program", it should insult your intelligence. It's what they've got to say at press conferences and such, but there isn't a lick of sincerity in it.

9. Default Re: Tier 1 Universities

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    I don't believe that UL will ever be peers with Big 12 institutions. We simply do not have the resources it would take to do so.

I'd rather us aspire to become peers with UH, Memphis, UCF, and USF. There's a chance that something like this could actually happen some day.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

LOL

11. Default Re: Tier 1 Universities

That simply isn't how things work in this business. P5 schools have no intentions of including any G5 school into their elite group. The very reason they formed the P5 in the first place was to put greater distance between themselves and the schools that make up the G5.

Don't kid yourself. Napier is just like every other up and coming coach. His focus is on using any "contacts" he has to promote HIMSELF and his ability to make the move up to a P5 institution. That doesn't make him a bad guy, it's just the way things work in this business. In fact, any time you hear any coach at the G5 level talk about wanting to "build the program", it should insult your intelligence. It's what they've got to say at press conferences and such, but there isn't a lick of sincerity in it.

12. Default Re: Tier 1 Universities

Don't kid yourself.
    Don't kid yourself. They will add any school that they deem an asset.

They will add any school that is making the G5 look stronger.

If your lockdown theory held water the NFL would be 16 teams strong.

Ignore the negative posters talking realignment. They know jack _____ about what’s going on now and what’s coming in 5-7 years.

We have leadership and infrastructure in place to greatly improve our situation when the deck shuffles again. We will be peers with Big 12 institutions. Anyone thinking that’s a pipe dream knows nothing.
    No one at UL and certainly no one on this message board knows how realignment will shake out. No one doubts Maggard's desire of increasing the competitive level of our teams and expanding our budget to be near the top of G5 programs. What some doubt is that the P5 will have any interest in expanding the number of teams to split the TV money. Over the next few years while we grow our budget and make key contacts(behind the scenes), almost everyone else will be doing the exact same thing. I am confident we will end up in a better situation in 5-7 years, just not competing with the likes of Oklahoma and Texas. Im sure you will take this a negative post, but what I laid out would be an extremely positive development for UL.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Don't kid yourself. They will add any school that they deem an asset.

They will add any school that is making the G5 look stronger.

If your lockdown theory held water the NFL would be 16 teams strong.
    NFL expands because of expansion fees. Now if UL want to give the P5 conferences 500MM dollars for entry, I'm sure they would listen.

15. Default Re: Tier 1 Universities

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    No one at UL and certainly no one on this message board knows how realignment will shake out. No one doubts Maggard's desire of increasing the competitive level of our teams and expanding our budget to be near the top of G5 programs. What some doubt is that the P5 will have any interest in expanding the number of teams to split the TV money. Over the next few years while we grow our budget and make key contacts(behind the scenes), almost everyone else will be doing the exact same thing. I am confident we will end up in a better situation in 5-7 years, just not competing with the likes of Oklahoma and Texas. Im sure you will take this a negative post, but what I laid out would be an extremely positive development for UL.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information