Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Louisiana's Push for Tier One status

1. Default Re: Tier 1 Universities

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Totally different set of criteria, Turb.
    Criteria is the point.

Saying it isn't worth the paper its written on is an excuse.

2. Default Re: Tier 1 Universities

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Criteria is the point.

Saying it isn't worth the paper its written on is an excuse.
    I agreeget 'er done as it certainly can't hurt and seems like it wouldn't be that hard even with different criteria.any state schools in La have these credentials?

Default Re: Tier 1 Universities

Actually, I am shocked that Auburn, Mississippi State and Baylor are not R1. I expect all three will be in the next evaluation, as Carnegie is now giving more weight to Medical and Vet schools. I also expect South Alabama to move up for the same reason.

I am quite serious when I say that our highest priority for athletics is to be included in the R1 category this cycle. That is a HUGE plus for FIU, UNT and GaSt going forward. Remember who makes conference decisions. I can almost guarantee that any SBC, MAC or CUSA school that is not R1 is facing n uphill battle to be included in the upcoming consortium.
    Yep hit the nail on the head we fail to move into R1 we will be on the outside looking in.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Actually, I am shocked that Auburn, Mississippi State and Baylor are not R1. I expect all three will be in the next evaluation, as Carnegie is now giving more weight to Medical and Vet schools. I also expect South Alabama to move up for the same reason.

I am quite serious when I say that our highest priority for athletics is to be included in the R1 category this cycle. That is a HUGE plus for FIU, UNT and GaSt going forward. Remember who makes conference decisions. I can almost guarantee that any SBC, MAC or CUSA school that is not R1 is facing an uphill battle to be included in the upcoming consortium.
    If anyone thinks that the formation of some 30 member G5 consortium is going to impress the P5 conferences or the TV networks, they're going to be sorely disappointed. At this point in the game, your program is either in the group of P5 conferences, or you missed out. It's that simple. Schools like Houston and Memphis are having a really hard time accepting their fate, but they missed out just as did every other school in either the AAC, MWC, MAC, SBC, or CUSA. Making the cut in some useless G5 consortium of 30 schools would make not one bit of difference for us.

Just wait. When UL is not included in the 30 member consortium (and we won't be), everybody on RP will be saying about the consortium exactly what I'm saying now.

5. Default Re: Tier 1 Universities

Ssssoooooo.what specifically is keeping us out of the top and why??? is it not an easy doable? Seems that Lycurgus onced charged a buck for alumni membership to reach that particular goalmore criteria please!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    If anyone thinks that the formation of some 30 member G5 consortium is going to impress the P5 conferences or the TV networks, they're going to be sorely disappointed. At this point in the game, your program is either in the group of P5 conferences, or you missed out. It's that simple. Schools like Houston and Memphis are having a really hard time accepting their fate, but they missed out just as did every other school in either the AAC, MWC, MAC, SBC, or CUSA. Making the cut in some useless G5 consortium of 30 schools would make not one bit of difference for us.

Just wait. When UL is not included in the 30 member consortium (and we won't be), everybody on RP will be saying about the consortium exactly what I'm saying now.

Oiler, you always make a lot of sense with your posts, but you sure are depressing.
    I do think getting into the hypothetical top-tier of the G5 will be important to UL.

I bet Oiler is a real joy to be around! Always so positive and uplifting!!!!

i like his style better than the ones that trumpet "just wait 'til the next big 12 expansion!!!"

9. Default Re: Tier 1 Universities

I cant wait till the next Big-12 expansion.

It's not about getting in, it's about being the CVO

Closest Viable Option

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Oiler, you always make a lot of sense with your posts, but you sure are depressing.
    I do think getting into the hypothetical top-tier of the G5 will be important to UL.
    And it is very doable.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    And it is very doable.
    Being a "top tier" G5 program is very doable. I just question whether a consortium made up of thirty G5 schools that are scattered from coast to coast is at all feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    It’s only depressing if you think we have a chance at a P5 slot. Being aligned with AAC, Cusa and SBC schools is our future. We just need to make sure we can complete in football with the upper echelon of those conferences. As of right now we do not, but it is a goal we should be able to reach in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    It’s only depressing if you think we have a chance at a P5 slot. Being aligned with AAC, Cusa and SBC schools is our future. We just need to make sure we can complete in football with the upper echelon of those conferences. As of right now we do not, but it is a goal we should be able to reach in the next few years.
    I meant his posts are always depressing. Not just this particular post.
    I don't have any thoughts of joining a P5 conference. I'm not that crazy

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    We didn't recently compete with SDSU, ECU, Nevada & Tulane? Are they not the caliber of programs you are referencing?

15. Default Re: Tier 1 Universities

Ignore the negative posters talking realignment. They know jack _____ about what’s going on now and what’s coming in 5-7 years.

We have leadership and infrastructure in place to greatly improve our situation when the deck shuffles again. We will be peers with Big 12 institutions. Anyone thinking that’s a pipe dream knows nothing.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information