Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: UL vs Ohio

Default Re: UL vs Ohio

Yesterday was a kick to the gut on what the last two seasons could have been with McGuire at QB. With first team snaps UL wins 8 games in 2009, wins yesterday, and beats Troy last week.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
    _ Yesterday was a kick to the gut on what the last two seasons could have been with McGuire at QB. With first team snaps UL wins 8 games in 2009, wins yesterday, and beats Troy last week. _
    Would Brad have played defense and special teams too? WKU never punted the ball once. Brad at QB was going to remedy that?

I'm not sure Chris deserves our 2009 and 2010 losses single-handedly. I think Brad was utilized very well last year in the red zone. Chris brought the ball down field pretty well. If I were looking at "real issues", I would look to special teams and defensive breakdowns attributing to more losses than our QBs. I would also look to WRs last year that had balls thrown directly in their hands and still couldn't figure out how to hang on. Our play calling on offense was also weak.

I was good with Brad or Chris. Why are the entire season results attributed to them? It was Cayenne and we just don't have the guts to admit it.

For some reason with Chris the whole team including coach Bustle will roll over and let an early turnover set the tone for the whole game. Brad would never let that happen. Two whole seasons down the drain. I didn't mention WKU but with a fired up UL offense crossing paths with the UL defense yes WKU punts.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ Would Brad have played defense and special teams too? WKU never punted the ball once. Brad at QB was going to remedy that?

I'm not sure Chris deserves our 2009 and 2010 losses single-handedly. I think Brad was utilized very well last year in the red zone. Chris brought the ball down field pretty well. If I were looking at "real issues", I would look to special teams and defensive breakdowns attributing to more losses than our QBs. I would also look to WRs last year that had balls thrown directly in their hands and still couldn't figure out how to hang on. Our play calling on offense was also weak.

I was good with Brad or Chris. Why are the entire season results attributed to them? It was Cayenne and we just don't have the guts to admit it. _
    You are right that many times the QB gets too much credit and to much blame. But I do think in a number of games last year and this year we probably do not have as many three and outs with Brad at the helm so the oppositions offense gets their hands on the ball fewer times. Obviously that is just speculation but it is my gut feeling.

I did not follow every series yesterday but can anyone tell me if or how many three and out series we had yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Town Square Media: "Give me the money"

I can't believe they didn't make Capital One recut the UL commercial.

A commercial should generate good publicity not bad.

Shame on you TSM. _
    When Capital One gets no new business for their money, they'll ask, "Why?"

Then someone who's on the ball will suggest, "Well, I could make one suggestion."

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
    _ Yesterday was a kick to the gut on what the last two seasons could have been with McGuire at QB. With first team snaps UL wins 8 games in 2009, wins yesterday, and beats Troy last week. _
    I don't want to state whether Brad or Chris is the better QB. I don't know.

The fact of the matter is we were plus 5 in turnovers (+3 INT, 2 onsides recoveries) yesterday and lost the game.

We scored on 4/13 Possessions. 3 TD's and 1 FG.

Ohio scored on 6/11 Possessions. 5 TD's and 1 FG.

I think Brad may be our better option, but nothing can be pulled from the game yesterday to prove it.

7. Default Re: UL(L) vs Ohio

How and the hell is it even possible to have 450+ yrds of offense, +3 in turnover margin, recover 2 onside kicks, and lose the game by a touchdown. That just doesn't even make sense. I am not a fan, a matter of fact I pull for everyone in Louisiana except UL@L but my God the coaches must have tried to lose this game. That is a formula for a win no matter who the opponent is and no matter the talent gap.

Default Re: UL(L) vs Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by ULwarhawksRULE View Post
    _ How and the hell is it even possible to have 450+ yrds of offense, +3 in turnover margin, recover 2 onside kicks, and lose the game by a touchdown. That just doesn't even make sense. I am not a fan, a matter of fact I pull for everyone in Louisiana except UL@L but my God the coaches must have tried to lose this game. That is a formula for a win no matter who the opponent is and no matter the talent gap. _
    Except around here. lol

A lot of us were asking the same question. I honestly still do not know how we lost it. If not for a fumble on the snap, we probably would have at least tied it up late in the game down near the Ohio red zone. This team is just so used to losing that it's almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy. A losing mentality is hard to overcome.

My son's high school team is going through the same thing. Teams with a losing tradition sometimes just find ways to lose.

9. Default Re: UL vs Ohio

lol yeah. Well when I looked at the box score yesterday I could not believe they lost the game. I saw the score a couple of times in the first half and I thought the game would have been won easily (esp with the early pics), I guess Ohio came out and played better in the 2nd half.

10. Default Re: UL vs Ohio

Strides.

All I know is UL went into the game a loser on paper, started the season over in the first quarter and came out just one snap away from overtime and victory.

Quote Originally Posted by ULwarhawksRULE View Post
    _ How and the hell is it even possible to have 450+ yrds of offense, +3 in turnover margin, recover 2 onside kicks, and lose the game by a touchdown. That just doesn't even make sense. I am not a fan, a matter of fact I pull for everyone in Louisiana except UL@L but my God the coaches must have tried to lose this game. That is a formula for a win no matter who the opponent is and no matter the talent gap. _
    Simple answer is Ohio never punted in the game. If they did not turn it over, the Cajuns defense could not stop them.

The punting stat is somewhat miss leading because of the four pics in the first half now the second half is another question. And if Green makes the catch he dropped we score and at the end we could have kicked a field goal to win it. That is just my opinion for what it is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ Simple answer is Ohio never punted in the game. If they did not turn it over, the Cajuns defense could not stop them. _
    I agree to a point, however, in my book, most of the 1st half interceptions WERE stops. The secondary made some really nice plays to get the picks. Sometimes, turnovers are simply bad plays on the offense. In the first half, I prefer to credit the Cajun DBs. Ohio made some adjustments at the half, which our defense (coaching?) was unable to adjust to (sounds familiar, huh?) and we were done for. The biggest reason we lost imo is that we had picked up those FOUR interceptions in the first half and could only muster a 4-point lead at halftime. It's been well documented how 2nd halves have gone for the Cajuns this year. We needed a bigger lead. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Would Brad have played defense and special teams too? WKU never punted the ball once. Brad at QB was going to remedy that?

I was good with Brad or Chris. Why are the entire season results attributed to them? It was Cayenne and we just don't have the guts to admit it.

Next year's staff needs to put at the top of the recruiting list, a kicker.

We need to span the globe for anybody who can kick it to the end zone consistently. We have junior high leg strength on kickoffs. Pitiful.

Next on the punch list is to properly relate the sorry, sorry state of affairs on the defensive side of the ball to the next DC.

Until those 2 issues are resolved, we could have The Ultra-Leach Turbo Injection Blitzkrieg offense, and it won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ Next year's staff needs to put at the top of the recruiting list, a kicker.

We need to span the globe for anybody who can kick it to the end zone consistently. We have junior high leg strength on kickoffs. Pitiful.

Next on the punch list is to properly relate the sorry, sorry state of affairs on the defensive side of the ball to the next DC.

Until those 2 issues are resolved, we could have The Ultra-Leach Turbo Injection Blitzkrieg offense, and it won't matter. _
    100% correct. Nothing will change until these two problems are addressed. When you look at the Cajuns the worst part of the game is the kickoffs. Every time we score we are basically giving the other team 3 points on the ensueing drive. Words cannot accurately describe how wretched this unit is.
    Nothing to add on the defense. The players change, but the outcome stays the same.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread Information