Thread: turbine clarify

Default turbine clarify

What kind of goofball suggestion was that on Half Nelson? You would really trade 2.4 million in guranteed money for some unknown amount of cash from Ragin Cajun clothing sales? This mornings show should be called HALF BAKED.

2. Default Re: turbine clarify

Originally posted by Chuck
    What kind of goofball suggestion was that on Half Nelson? You would really trade 2.4 million in guaranteed money for some unknown amount of cash from Ragin Cajun clothing sales? This mornings show should be called HALF BAKED.
    I never suggested handing over all student fee monies. Although I never spelled out my full idea, Nelson assumed I meant trade student fees for apparel funds heads up. I never said or suggested this.

He pointed out that clothing sales don't bring in 2.4 million. I only stated that I thought they had the potential to bring in $ 5 million yearly.

My idea is, IF there really is a Board of Regents imposed edict limiting how much student fee money can be used for athletics . . . do this:

3. Go ahead and give the excess collected funds to the Alumni Association.

4. Let the Alumni Association also keep the funds from the sale of "UL Lafayette" apparel and memorabilia, and (as stated above) the excess already being collected student fee monies that they voted to contribute.

5. Let Ragin' Cajun Athletics use the funds from the sale Ragin' Cajun specific apparel and memorabilia, on top of the $2.4 mil that the Board of Regents has determined the students can contribute to athletics. With proper marketing I can see Ragin’ Cajun apparel raising several million by itself for ULAthletics.

The only way this would not work is if the Board of Regents determined Students can’t contribute to their very own Alumni Association. In the mean time where is the excess collected athletic money going?

Thanks it will never fly.

This is Upsetting

Job#1 for the Alumni Association should be to make my degree look good. The AA should not be in the business of taking money from athletics.

8. Default

Originally posted by OldBullDog
    Job#1 for the Alumni Association should be to make my degree look good. The AA should not be in the business of taking money from athletics.
    I worked for the Ole Miss Alumni Association (not in fund raising) for three years. I always thought the alumni association raised money for scholarships, etc...Each school (for example the School of Engineering) was assigned an Alumni rep, who's job it was to due fund raisers for scholarships for that school. The AA there sold their own merchandise, not sure where this money went but I am pretty sure they were not taking the money from athletic gear sold :confused:

Originally posted by SwampHound
    "I worked for the Ole Miss Alumni Association (not in fund raising) for three years. I always thought the alumni association raised money for scholarships, etc...Each school (for example the School of Engineering) was assigned an Alumni rep, who's job it was to due fund raisers for scholarships for that school. The AA there sold their own merchandise, not sure where this money went but I am pretty sure they were not taking the money from athletic gear sold "
    Maybe you need to go discuss this with OUR AA crew. Perhaps they could use a little "assistance". lol

Thread Information