Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread: Timeline for New Hire and Who's your candidate?

Default Re: Timeline for New Hire and Who's your candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    _ Gotta agree with the Cowboy fan here. We sucked hard @LSU last year. I wouldn't call our team "dangerous" on that day. We don't really have any rom to talk. We lost to the McNeese in 2007 (AND BUSTLE SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED IN THE LOCKER ROOM!).

Can y'all take the McNeese/LSU/LaTech/ULM talk somewhere else? It's a ridiculous conversation considering we probably couldn't beat Cecilia High at the moment. We should be concentrating on two things: shredding Bustle's contract and basketball season. Thanks. _
    Its easy enough to end the Brokeback U discussions. All that is required is the Brokeback fans minding their own business.

UL Football Re: Timeline for New Hire and Who's your candidate?

_ Why would Coach Cook leave a job he freely admits it's the best he's ever had to go back to an employer that treated him like isht when he was there? That's a rhetorical question. How he was treated is a huge reason why my family has never donated a dime.

Didn't mean to jump down your throat. Cook's name comes up in every coaching thread, and it gets old fast. I'll just make it my signature from now on.

And are we really going to turn this into an LSU/McNeese ____ing match? 4 realz? _
    I understand, no ____ing match here.

The only point I was trying to make was that a new coach (or even Bustle for that matter) would be wise to bring him on staff because of his connections around the high schools in LA. That's it! I know coach Cook also, (and most of his staff) and know how the previous admin treated them. I also know that it is the best job (ND), I'm there every Friday night.

Having said that, my son will be attending ND in 4 years and I would love for him to stay there and coach him. Just the UL fan in me would like to see him here also. Either way I win!

I didn't mean to set you off. I think we both want the best for UL, but it was just an opinion.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Unlike you girls, we are not delusional enough to discount that OSU made it an attractive Friday matchup but it was still played and broadcast from Cajun Field. As was our earlier Sun Belt matchup, guess we were the draw for WSPN in that one. We may be at the bottom of D1A but we're still D1A and you're not. And while you have reached your ceiling we have room to move up. And speaking of moving up, thats just what both Robe and Marlin did when they came here. As Robe said, he came here because it offered more exposure and better opportunity for post season play. There's your reality.
    Tsk, tsk, tsk Hammer! I will agree with you on one thing you certainly do have room to move up mainly because, well, there's NO ONE below you. That's not good when you "have to reach UP to touch BOTTOM!" What's the view like down there when you look up and strategize? How does looking at the rear ends of 116 FBS teams look from down there along with the losses to obscure 1AA schools?

Yep, you are right! You guys are definitely 1A and certainly have been the poster child for the What-IF Sun Belt Conference.

As for Robe and Marlin, I'm geniunely glad for them and for the opportunity UL gave them. I just hope when another opportunity for them to "move up" comes that their resume' for being at UL does not hold them back.

You know what I mean? it seems that your wonderful D1 prowess also has been a graveyard for coaches. They deserve much better. Don't you think?

I'l go now. You guys have a lot of big plans to work on and maintaining your view from "down there" somewhere in D1A nowhere land. Good luck on the rest of your season.

Gosh, I hope you guys get to (verklepmt) six wins to be bowl eligible.

UL Football Re: Timeline for New Hire and Who's your candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Gimme Mangino. I always wanted a fat coach that pushed his players.
    So you are saying that I can apply? Is it better that I'm short and fat?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Up View Post
    _ Tsk, tsk, tsk Hammer! I will agree with you on one thing you certainly do have room to move up mainly because, well, there's NO ONE below you. That's not good when you "have to reach UP to touch BOTTOM!" What's the view like down there when you look up and strategize? How does looking at the rear ends of 116 FBS teams look from down there along with the losses to obscure 1AA schools?

Yep, you are right! You guys are definitely 1A and certainly have been the poster child for the What-IF Sun Belt Conference.

As for Robe and Marlin, I'm geniunely glad for them and for the opportunity UL gave them. I just hope when another opportunity for them to "move up" comes that their resume' for being at UL does not hold them back.

You know what I mean? it seems that your wonderful D1 prowess also has been a graveyard for coaches. They deserve much better. Don't you think?

I'l go now. You guys have a lot of big plans to work on and maintaining your view from "down there" somewhere in D1A nowhere land. Good luck on the rest of your season.

Gosh, I hope you guys get to (verklepmt) six wins to be bowl eligible. _
    You are correct, we have big plans to work on. And we will work on them and keep moving up. Meanwhile you can fade back into obscurity since you seem satisfied with it. Of course, we know you'll still be lurking here worried about what we are doing.

I'd check your bed if I were you. My guess is.you wet it.

Tsk, tsk, tsk Hammer! I will agree with you on one thing you certainly do have room to move up mainly because, well, there's NO ONE below you. That's not good when you "have to reach UP to touch BOTTOM!" What's the view like down there when you look up and strategize? How does looking at the rear ends of 116 FBS teams look from down there along with the losses to obscure 1AA schools?

Gosh, I hope you guys get to (verklepmt) six wins to be bowl eligible.

igeaux.mobi

_ .metaphysically and literally. _
    I liked the guy while he was at Kansas. He took a basketball school and made it relevant in football. The AD decided that the allegations were enough to get rid of him and the football program has suffered. I'm sure they thought they'd keep winning even without him.

How about Gus Malzahn the OC from Auburn? His name was mentioned here last year and he has been successful on different levels.

_ Okay, I'll bite. All I know is what was on the scoreboard at the game two weeks ago.

Next time your "dangerous" team plays LSU please take notice for me if they still have their starters in late in the 3rd quarter. I was asking myself, "What's going on?" Don't they realize we are a 1AA school and they still have the starters in?

Not fair, I said!! But, I'll tell you this, you guys go out next time and give 'em hell. Make them play their starters for the WHOLE game and win won for all of us little schools.

We're pulling for ya! Ya' know? _
    I just wanted to make sure you realize I said we are a more dangerous team than Mcneese. I am in no way shape or form saying that LSU considers us a threat. And yes we played like crap against LSU last year but we were a few dropped passes and picks (and a 1 yd run) away from scoring at least 17 on them. at least. And don't get me wrong, I respect the talent that yall have over there at McNeese but just realize that the only reason you have that talent is b/c most of them are not academically eligible for any D-1 school. Come on up in D-1 and we'll see how much trash you talk then.

And yea when yall played us yall were by far the better team. But how long ago was that? 4 years ago?? but anyway, in all seriousness, I respect the way your team went in to death valley and put up a fight. Even though injuries was a big problem, yall went in a fought hard with LSU even if they didnt give their full effort. The way we look right now, we would probably go into a game like that with a gameplan designed for us to lose like what we had against Georgia. So props to your coach for shooting for the stars and getting his team to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    How about Gus Malzahn the OC from Auburn? His name was mentioned here last year and he has been successful on different levels.
    Right now, Malzahn makes over half a mill a year and is at the top of most of the major programs' short list.

The odds that he is the next Cajun football coach are about the same as me inventing a time machine to go back in time to 1980 and bring back Reagan to run for president in 2012.

It's really fun to fantasize, but it ain't ever happenning.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    And don't get me wrong, I respect the talent that yall have over there at McNeese but just realize that the only reason you have that talent is b/c most of them are not academically eligible for any D-1 school. Come on up in D-1 and we'll see how much trash you talk then.

And yea when yall played us yall were by far the better team. But how long ago was that? 4 years ago?? but anyway, in all seriousness, I respect the way your team went in to death valley and put up a fight. Even though injuries was a big problem, yall went in a fought hard with LSU even if they didnt give their full effort. The way we look right now, we would probably go into a game like that with a gameplan designed for us to lose like what we had against Georgia. So props to your coach for shooting for the stars and getting his team to do the same.

Thank you for the compliments they are appreciated. A winning tradition is something McNeese is proud of. ULL in the glory days was proud too. Unfortunately, Jerry Baldwin ran the program off the rails and into a deep ditch. As for D1 academic requirements McNeese is D1-FCS Division. ULL is D1-FBS Division. Please do your own research.

We have to both adhere to the same academic standards and rules as implemented by the NCAA. The big difference is the number of scholarships allowed per division. FCS gets 65 (I think) and FBS gets 87 (I think). The difference is 22 which is an extra defensive unit and offensive unit for FBS schools. That, in an of itself, kinda exacerbates the whole premise of coaching versus actual talent.

I follow both programs and ULL handles their academic casualties via grey-shirting and McNeese pretty much does the same. At least since the Matt Viator era.

Good Luck to the Cajun program. I hope you find a great coach for the future.

So to stir the pot a little what will everyone be saying if UL does win this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    _ So to stir the pot a little what will everyone be saying if UL does win this weekend _
    Then I will be asking the same questions that I asked last week. Why can we not play consistently well form week to week? How can we play well against OSU and Troy but play like crap with no emotion against WKU. IMO, that is coaching. A good coach gets his team to play to the best of their talent each week rather than playing up or down to your opponent. This team has shown it has talent. Unfortunately playing up or down to the level of our opponent seems to be a trademark of Coach Bustle's teams.

_ [/I]

Thank you for the compliments they are appreciated. A winning tradition is something McNeese is proud of. ULL in the glory days was proud too. Unfortunately, Jerry Baldwin ran the program off the rails and into a deep ditch. As for D1 academic requirements McNeese is D1-FCS Division. ULL is D1-FBS Division. Please do your own research.

We have to both adhere to the same academic standards and rules as implemented by the NCAA. The big difference is the number of scholarships allowed per division. FCS gets 65 (I think) and FBS gets 87 (I think). The difference is 22 which is an extra defensive unit and offensive unit for FBS schools. That, in an of itself, kinda exacerbates the whole premise of coaching versus actual talent.

I follow both programs and UL handles their academic casualties via grey-shirting and McNeese pretty much does the same. At least since the Matt Viator era.

Good Luck to the Cajun program. I hope you find a great coach for the future.
    _
    Sorry I'm not very familiar with the differences between FCS and FBS in terms of kids they can and cannot recruit. So does the FCS teams have any advantages in recruiting or am i thinking of something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Then I will be asking the same questions that I asked last week. Why can we not play consistently well form week to week? How can we play well against OSU and Troy but play like crap with no emotion against WKU. IMO, that is coaching. A good coach gets his team to play to the best of their talent each week rather than playing up or down to your opponent. This team has shown it has talent. Unfortunately playing up or down to the level of our opponent seems to be a trademark of Coach Bustle's teams. _
    I think the problem is mental toughness. Anytime that this team has hit adversity this season, we have folded, and folded bad. When WKU had the fumble return for a TD against us, we looked defeated. We regrouped a little at half and scored on the first drive, only to have WKU drive down on their first drive and take back the 17 point lead, again, when that happened, we looked defeated. Against MT, when Lawson had that fumble on that first play we looked defeated. The difference between that and ok state or troy is 2 things. 1) we expected to be in for a long day and 2) we played well early in both games that gave us hope. Against Troy though, we seemed to have that same feel when we had the fumble inside their 5. This teams mental toughness is definitely lacking.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread Information