Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: Timeline for New Hire and Who's your candidate?

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

+1000

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    I don't think we need a new coach I think the current coach is doing just fine.

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Timeline for New Hire and Who's your candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ My vote for new AD is Scott Farmer.
    I hear interesting chatter that this may not be quite the slam dunk that everyone thinks that it is.

Not saying right or wrong, just saying, from what I am hearing they will definitely be looking at other people.

I think Mark Hudspeth and Bryan Harsin are my top two.

igeaux.mobi

UL Football Re: Timeline for New Hire and Who's your candidate?

I like Bryan Harsin also. And with his current salary about $225,000, I think we would have a shot!!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle.s-database.htm

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!

_ My vote for new AD is Scott Farmer.

My top 10 replacements for Coach Bustle if Bustle and the Cajuns don't make a bowl game:

1. Bryan Harsin not likely because a much bigger job will be available to him. He gets it done at Boise St. what else can I say.
    2. Jim Levitt should be available and would be a great hire, just not sure he wants to come to UL.
    3. Mike Leach instant offense and name recognition and the fans will come out.
    4. Ed Oregeron who I think will be the next HC at UL. Best recruiter hands down. He will need to hire a good OC.
    5. Matt Viator who I think is the 2nd most likely HC at UL. I am not sure what kind of recruiter he his but I know he is a great HC and tireless worker.
    6. Mark Mangino same reason as hiring Leach.
    7. Major Applewhite name recognition and from Louisiana. Not sure he his a HC.
    8. Jeff Bower got it done at USM, but not sure this gets anyone excited.
    9. Kerwin Bell seems like a hot coach and I like the write up someone posted.
    10. Joe Deforest who is a UL grad and seems to be a great recruiter. _
    #3, #6 and #7 are all holding out for a job in one of the big 6 conferences.
    #8 will be the new head coach at North Texas, in all probability
    #9 is interesting, but JU is non scholarship football
    I have a betrter chance of being head coach than #4, #5 or #10.

That leaves #1 and #2 from your list. I have no idea if #1 would be interested. I would be willing to bet that #2 just might be interested.

This of course is just my opinion. I have absolutely no inside info.

Quote Originally Posted by RayneCajun View Post
    _ I like Bryan Harsin also. And with his current salary about $225,000, I think we would have a shot!!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/f.tabase.htm

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!! _
    Ditto, I would like to try and get him to be our HC.

I want a Bowden to coach hereBobby Bowden!!

Well folks, one thing is for sure--Bustle is done. If Jay Bird is being allowed to speak about new coaches, it means the decision has been made. No way he would have made these posts without encouragement from above. The puppeteer pulls the strings, and the marionnette speaks. Book it.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ #3, #6 and #7 are all holding out for a job in one of the big 6 conferences.
    #8 will be the new head coach at North Texas, in all probability
    #9 is interesting, but JU is non scholarship football
    I have a betrter chance of being head coach than #4, #5 or #10.

That leaves #1 and #2 from your list. I have no idea if #1 would be interested. I would be willing to bet that #2 just might be interested.

This of course is just my opinion. I have absolutely no inside info. _
    If my #1 and my #2 are not available and if you are right about #3 then I'm not sure who else is out there that would be better than Oregeron or Viator. I agree Oregeron would be a gamble and I am not sure what will happen with him at the helm but I know our recruiting would be much better. You yourself have always said good coaching is spelled PLAYERS! Now with Viator as long as he does not bring his HS coaching staff he has at McNeese and is able to assemble a quality staff he would no doubt be an improvement over what we have now. I know the guy personally and he works harder than any coach I know. He puts football first in his life and he demands respect and hard work. He has also run a clean program at McNeese. I don't think he is a great recruiter but as we know most of the recruiting is done by the assistants.

_ If my #1 and my #2 are not available and if you are right about #3 then I'm not sure who else is out there that would be better than Oregeron or Viator. I agree Oregeron would be a gamble and I am not sure what will happen with him at the helm but I know our recruiting would be much better. You yourself have always said good coaching is spelled PLAYERS! Now with Viator as long as he does not bring his HS coaching staff he has at McNeese and is able to assemble a quality staff he would no doubt be an improvement over what we have now. I know the guy personally and he works harder than any coach I know. He puts football first in his life and he demands respect and hard work. He has also run a clean program at McNeese. I don't think he is a great recruiter but as we know most of the recruiting is done by the assistants. _
    Your head coach has to be your best recruiter.

I firmly believe that.

Evidenced by Calipari in basketball and Saban in football.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ Your head coach has to be your best recruiter.

I firmly believe that.

Evidenced by Calipari in basketball and Saban in football. _
    I agree with you. That is my only potential draw back with Viator. I am not sure what kind of recruiter is? I have not been all that impressed with McNeese's recent recruiting classes but then again he is recruiting to a D1-AA program and he has continued to win in the Southland conference year in and year out.

My preference would be Billy Gonzales-wide receiver coach at LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    _ My preference would be Billy Gonzales-wide receiver coach at LSU. _
    Not another LSU assistant!

_ I agree with you. That is my only potential draw back with Viator. I am not sure what kind of recruiter is? I have not been all that impressed with McNeese's recent recruiting classes but then again he is recruiting to a D1-AA program and he has continued to win in the Southland conference year in and year out. _
    Actually, he hasn't been winning year in and year out. Not close. At least, not lately.

Nobody liked my Ed Zaunbrecher plug in the other thread, so I'll try it here. You could always make him OC under Orgeron.

igeaux.mobi

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information