Default UL Bowl Projection

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot.1910?gt1=39002

We beat:
    Western
    FIU
    ULM
    And either Ohio or FAU, we go bowling.

Default Re: UL Bowl Projection

Yuck, Detroit is not a place I'd want to visit. However, it beats the alternative of not going bowling! How many of you would be willing to travel for this game?

igeaux.mobi

I try not to pay attention to these. We almost seemed to be a lock in for a bowl 2 years ago at midseason according to these type of predictions and we didnt get in. Besides, More than likely, troy will go to another bowl and we will go to the NO bowl. If we are bowl eligible, I see it happening no other way

Right teams, wrong places.

Louisiana will be in New Orleans.

Troy will be in Mobile.

MT will be in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ Right teams, wrong places.

Troy will be in Mobile.

MT will be in Detroit. _
    When we do play in NOLA this year what do you think the over/under would be on attendance? 35K?

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    When we do play in NOLA this year what do you think the over/under would be on attendance? 35K?
    Depends who we would play. Of the projected CUSA bowl teams, SMU, Houston and Southern Miss all would bring several thousand puting the over/under around your 35K.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ Right teams, wrong places.

Troy will be in Mobile.

MT will be in Detroit. _
    Beggars cannot be choosers, but damn I don't want to go back to Detroit. The Bowl treats the non-MAC team like _____e. I've heard the MT Administration will avoid Detroit at all costs-- we'd rather go anywhere but there.

Do you people think we're going 7-5? 6-6 hasn't gotten us into a bowl in the past.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

6-6 isn't the same this year as last year. We have new direct tie-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Do you people think we're going 7-5? 6-6 hasn't gotten us into a bowl in the past.

igeaux.mobi

Just hang in there, I'm sure there will eventually be enough bowl games for all 120 teams to participate. I remember growing up when bowl games were really something special.

igeaux.mobi

_ Do you people think we're going 7-5? 6-6 hasn't gotten us into a bowl in the past. _
    If u didn't hear earlier before the season, the NCAA has decided that if a team is 6-6, they can get chosen over a 7-5 team. The bowls no longer HAVE to take all the 7-5 teams before they get to the 6-6 ones. Also, the NO bowl has expressed great interest in having us play in their bowl if they can get the conf. champs (troy most likely) to go to another bowl.

N.O. Bowl would be sweet, I'd try to bring the wife to that one!

igeaux.mobi

The SBC champ must be selected to either the N.O. bowl or the Mobile bowl.

For our purposes, if Troy wins the league(likely), and we are bowl eligible(6wins), there is no way on God's green earth that Troy is not in Mobile, and we are not in New Orleans. It guarantees packed houses for both games.

Any other bowl eligible team from the SBC will have to hope for an at-large someplace else.

14. Default Re: UL Bowl Projection

BE REALISTIC for once! Nobody in this country, outside of the UL nation, gives a hoot about a 6-6 bowl team. What a freaking joke! If a team can't have a winning season they don't deserve a bowl bid! There should only be 15 to 20 bowl games anyway. That would eliminate all these so called bowl elgible teams at 6-6 and 7-5.

On top of that the Cajuns have not been to a bowl game in 40 years! Bowl projections are a waste of time in October. One idiot from ESPN had ULM in that sorry Little Caesars bowl this week. WHO CARES! Go out and get 7 wins at the least (good luck with that because guaranteed losses at Ole Miss and Ohio) and then talk about bowl bids. That 6-6 team over a 7-5 team rule no one has ever heard of, except when 1420 brought it up in late July, is stupid because outside of the Sun Belt conference, once again NO ONE CARES! The only legitimate teams year in and year out in the sorriest conference in the country is Troy and Middle Tennessee, which once again the Cajuns lost to. Cry about injuries all you want. Once again NO ONE CARES! Every team in this country has to deal with injuries!

15. Default Re: UL Bowl Projection

The selfish kid who has gone to Disney World every year since time began stomps his feet and says nobody cares about Disney World.

The kid who has never been appreciates the trip. Same with bowls.

A bowl trip will be fun.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information