Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: UL Bowl Projection

Default Re: UL Bowl Projection

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    _ did you predict us beating: UGA, OSU, MTSU, or Troy before the beginning of the season? I know I didn't and neither did a lot of other people on here. But I and most of the others still had us going 6-6 and 7-5. In the upcoming schedule we face the bottom of the Sun Belt. Games we should win. Only games where we may not be the better team are Ole Miss and maybe Ohio.maybe. If we take care of business, we should be able to win the rest. _
    I thought we would beat FIU last year, that didn't take place. I just don't see us running the table for the rest of the sunbelt games. Hell we almost lost to UNT this year and ASU almost came back on us also. Almost doesn't count though right? I sure hope your right, and I am wrong, but I just don't see it happening. I used to be more optimistic, but every year that goes by I am more of a realist.

Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    _ Don't get too confident. This could be a trap game _

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ I thought we would beat FIU last year, that didn't take place. I just don't see us running the table for the rest of the sunbelt games. Hell we almost lost to UNT this year and ASU almost came back on us also. Almost doesn't count though right? I sure hope your right, and I am wrong, but I just don't see it happening. I used to be more optimistic, but every year that goes by I am more of a realist.

Geaux Cajuns! _
    I couldn't agree with this more. It seems like everytime the cajuns have an opportunity to get something going they follow it with a disappointing loss - I can't count how many times I've heard we were supposed to win a game, only to get blown out.

Since Bustle has been here, does anyone know the longest winning streak the cajuns have put together? I want to say 3 games, but I could be wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlBlake22 View Post
    _ I couldn't agree with this more. It seems like everytime the cajuns have an opportunity to get something going they follow it with a disappointing loss - I can't count how many times I've heard we were supposed to win a game, only to get blown out.

Since Bustle has been here, does anyone know the longest winning streak the cajuns have put together? I want to say 3 games, but I could be wrong on that. _
    Correct me if I am wrong

-5 game win streak in a row in 2005 to end the season(best win streak yet if you ask me. Included wins against Troy, MT, and UNT who used to run this conference. Too bad we started so bad that year.

-4 game win streak in 2006- sitting 4-2 after beating Houston and we fell apart to end the year.

-4 game win streak in 2008-sitting 5-3 and looking great, and totally fell apart only winning one more game that year.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ I thought we would beat FIU last year, that didn't take place. I just don't see us running the table for the rest of the sunbelt games. Hell we almost lost to UNT this year and ASU almost came back on us also. Almost doesn't count though right? I sure hope your right, and I am wrong, but I just don't see it happening. I used to be more optimistic, but every year that goes by I am more of a realist.

Geaux Cajuns! _
    I know I'm the same way. And when i said "if we take care of business." the "if" was the big thing. We have a history of losing to one bad SBC on the road. Like FIU last year. But I still had us being 2-4 or 3-3 at best before the season. I know our wins weren't pretty but you have to admit that this team has played harder and looked better since those 2 wins. We've looked good in recent losses to good teams. I'm not saying i'm happy with a moral victory or anything i'm saying that the team i've seen the past couple of weeks is not the same team that i saw in week 1. That team in week 1 would have been destroyed by Troy. All you can do as a fan is hope they stay focused and continue to improve and of course, show up to the games.

I love to read this stuff but at the end of the day it can make things hurt worse if we don't get in one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information