Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UL Bowl Projection

1. Default Re: UL Bowl Projection

At 6-6 you don't deserve it! Get to 7 wins and I'll even bow to you and say "you did it". Even though there are way too many bowl games, at least a winning season is worth being rewarded for.

Don't give me this 6-6 over a 7-5 team rule crap. Come on Turbine I hear you on 1420 sometimes you are an educated man, teams that can't finish with a winning record don't deserve CRAP! It's not like the Cajuns are trying to win in the SEC. Its the Sun Belt for petes sake. Can't get a winning season in the Sun Belt then you should be home for the holidays!

Default Re: UL Bowl Projection

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ Do you people think we're going 7-5? 6-6 hasn't gotten us into a bowl in the past. _
    The ncaa has already sized up the results so far this season and actually predicts that it may be possible that there will not be enough bowl eligible teams (that is 6-6 or better) to fill all the slots so they have begun to look at waivers to allow some teams with losing records fill the open slots. So unless something changes drastically this year it looks like 6-6 is a lock on a bowl.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    So unless something changes drastically this year it looks like 6-6 is a lock on a bowl.
    It's a shame we're not a lock for 6-6.

igeaux.mobi

4. Default Re: UL Bowl Projection

_ The ncaa has already sized up the results so far this season and actually predicts that it may be possible that there will not be enough bowl eligible teams (that is 6-6 or better) to fill all the slots so they have begun to look at waivers to allow some teams with losing records fill the open slots. So unless something changes drastically this year it looks like 6-6 is a lock on a bowl. _
    Here is all you need to prove my point! Too many bowl games! Now there's talk of waivers to allow losing teams in! What a sham and an embarrassment!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ The selfish kid who has gone to Disney World every year since time began stomps his feet and says nobody cares about Disney World.

The kid who has never been appreciates the trip. Same with bowls.

A bowl trip will be fun. _

There is no doubt it would be fun. I remember being geeked about LSU going to the Independence Bowl with a 6-5 record. I just don't care for the system that is in place that sends half of college football to the post-season. A winning record is one thing, but sending every .500 team bowling is a bit much in my opinion. NCAA basketball is trying to dang near do the same thing with all these additional lower tier tournaments. Despite what they try to teach in little league, not everyone deserves a trophy at the end of the day.

_ The ncaa has already sized up the results so far this season and actually predicts that it may be possible that there will not be enough bowl eligible teams (that is 6-6 or better) to fill all the slots so they have begun to look at waivers to allow some teams with losing records fill the open slots. So unless something changes drastically this year it looks like 6-6 is a lock on a bowl. _
    Haha what if we got in with 5 wins. haha I know that wouldn't happen just funny to think of it. they would chose a big conference school w/ a losing record over us.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ It's a shame we're not a lock for 6-6.

igeaux.mobi _
    Really, I think the wild cards are the two Florida teams.

WKU - homecoming? No way we lose.

FAU a one win team that lost to a really bad Monroe team, so I think we can eek out our second only road win against them. Too bad we can't sneak Michael Adams in the backfield for ol' times sake.

FIU is dangerous, and have always been more hype than substance, but we have them at home.

ULM beat SLU by 1 and needed WKU and FAU (who both had the foot on the throat) to cough up the ball and give them these wins.

By the time we play Monroe, their season will be over. I don't see them beating MT, LSU, Troy or FIU and I sure as hell don't see them beating us.

With that schedule, ULM is NOT going bowling. I suppose the last game could decide UL's fate though.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    _ Really, I think the wild cards are the two Florida teams.

WKU - homecoming? No way we lose.
    Don't get too confident. This could be a trap game

Talking about going to a bowl game with just 2 wins after 6 games is crazy talk. There are people in cajunland on something stronger than moonshine to think, at this point, that we are going to any bowl. Is it technically possible. Sure, just like it's possible for all, or any team to make a bowl at the beginning of the season. Put up some wins first, then get excited about a bowl game. No wonder our football program is where it is. That's all I want to say at the moment.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Good point ULGrad, fan optimism about the prospects of having a successful season is why we've been so terrible in the past!

Cmon, I know what you mean but don't be silly. Hope isn't the worst thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Talking about going to a bowl game with just 2 wins after 6 games is crazy talk. There are people in cajunland on something stronger than moonshine to think, at this point, that we are going to any bowl. Is it technically possible. Sure, just like it's possible for all, or any team to make a bowl at the beginning of the season. Put up some wins first, then get excited about a bowl game. No wonder our football program is where it is. That's all I want to say at the moment.

igeaux.mobi

_ Talking about going to a bowl game with just 2 wins after 6 games is crazy talk. There are people in cajunland on something stronger than moonshine to think, at this point, that we are going to any bowl. Is it technically possible. Sure, just like it's possible for all, or any team to make a bowl at the beginning of the season. Put up some wins first, then get excited about a bowl game. No wonder our football program is where it is. That's all I want to say at the moment. _
    did you predict us beating: UGA, OSU, MTSU, or Troy before the beginning of the season? I know I didn't and neither did a lot of other people on here. But I and most of the others still had us going 6-6 and 7-5. In the upcoming schedule we face the bottom of the Sun Belt. Games we should win. Only games where we may not be the better team are Ole Miss and maybe Ohio.maybe. If we take care of business, we should be able to win the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    _ Don't get too confident. This could be a trap game _
    "Trap game" is fanspeak.

Nothing more.

If we can't beat WKU, we don't deserve to win another game.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ Talking about going to a bowl game with just 2 wins after 6 games is crazy talk. There are people in cajunland on something stronger than moonshine to think, at this point, that we are going to any bowl. Is it technically possible. Sure, just like it's possible for all, or any team to make a bowl at the beginning of the season. Put up some wins first, then get excited about a bowl game. No wonder our football program is where it is. That's all I want to say at the moment. _
    I agree that talking about a bowl game for a team that is 2-4 is ridiculous. Beat Ohio, then maybe we can talk bowl game.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    _ I agree that talking about a bowl game for a team that is 2-4 is ridiculous. Beat Ohio, then maybe we can talk bowl game. _
    Its not half as ridiculous as most of the other ______ thats talked about on this board. Its what fans do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information