Thread: New Place

1. Default New Place

Does Jay Walker own the new Pub ---WALKer-ONS????

Default Re: New Place

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Does Jay Walker own the new Pub ---WALKer-ONS???? _
    It is actually owned by 2 former walk on basketball players from LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ It is actually owned by 2 former walk on basketball players from LSU. _
    I guess that will be the watering hole for all lsu fans now. Who are the guys?

just my thoughts.

Jack Warner and Brandon Landry. They also own a couple of bars in BR. No worries, they are smart enough to cater to the locals. However, I'm sure they will be pro-LSU when they are on the tube.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    _ Jack Warner and Brandon Landry. They also own a couple of bars in BR. No worries, they are smart enough to cater to the locals. However, I'm sure they will be pro-LSU when they are on the tube.

igeaux.mobi _
    And thats where the monetary support will go.

As businessman i am sure they will have a bit of both, but if more lsu I will not go.

CC

Per their advertisements, the coach's shows will be held there once complete.

Default New Place

aagghh as reigning king of spam for quite some time (grins) i see a thread speaking of "new place" although i have tried hard i can't keep my fingers from typing "johnston street java" new (coffee) place, scheduled to open october 30th right acrossthe street from judice inn

9. Default Re: New Place.Walk On's

This place to going to be too far from campus to do as well as it could. The on in BR does great (food is ok, nothing special, it is more about the atmosphere) since it is right there by the stadium and campus. I will be shocked if the one in Lafayette is all UL gear, I hope it is though but as mentioned before look for it to be an LSU magnet at first since they are most familiar with it. Below is a link to the website.

http://walk-ons.com/

Any idea if they'll have concerts there ala chimes?

Highly doubtful, they have no connections to the Chimes. They may set up a large tent outside and have a band come play once a year or so. (assuming there is space for that kind of thing)

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ Any idea if they'll have concerts there ala chimes? _
    I've only seen people do acoustic sets on the back porch at the BR location.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ And thats where the monetary support will go. _

That's why if i ever go there i will only drink tap water!!

Default Re: New Place.Walk On's

Quote Originally Posted by RealCajun70 View Post
    _ This place to going to be too far from campus to do as well as it could. The on in BR does great (food is ok, nothing special, it is more about the atmosphere) since it is right there by the stadium and campus. I will be shocked if the one in Lafayette is all UL gear, I hope it is though but as mentioned before look for it to be an LSU magnet at first since they are most familiar with it. Below is a link to the website.

http://walk-ons.com/ _
    Nice concept that 2 LSU basketball (of all things) walkons were able to turn that into a sucessful business, but IMO food is not that good and service is inconsistent. They make it in BR because of the location-so close to campus and sporting venues. Are doing all the UL coaches show it sounds like-so wd think there would be a good bit of UL emphasis. Question whether they will make it here but we will see.

15. Default Re: New Place

If they are going to be successful nationally they will have to survive away from campus atmosphere .
    I'm willing to see their best Acadiana inclusive concept and hope it takes off.

igeaux.mobi

Thread Information