Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: 2004-05 Volunteer Days

1. UL Football 2004-05 Volunteer Days

LOUISIANA La. — University of Louisiana´s Office of Athletic Development will hold its annual Volunteer Weekend Aug. 13-15 at the Ragin´ Cajuns´ athletic complex.

Volunteers are needed to assist with pressure washing, landscaping, dirt work, signage and general cleanup around the athletic complex. Food and drinks will be provided, and volunteers are asked to bring work gloves.

Times for the Volunteer Weekend are 3-8 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 13, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 14, and noon-4:30 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 15, with football Fan Day activities to follow Sunday at 6 p.m.

More information is available from Gerald Hebert at 482-0922 or Elliott Venable at 945-9159.

The source of the story

2. Default With Volunteer days around the corner . .

How would the Red Zone look with alternating Vermilion and Stripes?
    This is a University of Tennessee pic

3. Default

bigearl, join us on volunteer weekend and get all the answer to your questions, also you will meet alot of the fans, have fun while contributing and jumpstart the football season.food and drinks
    the ones who are gone (got to be a team player)

when and where?

5. Default

here at cajun field,fri 3-5pm aug 13th
    you can get times on opening page, see you there.

sorry oldman, prior engagment. can't make it.

I for one think it would be a GREAT idea! Geaux UL Ragin Cajuns!

I can make it Friday, and parts of Saturday and Sunday!
    I work nights, hope I am good for something!

DaddyCajun!!!

lol, very nice.

If any of you need any information, please let me know.

10. Louisiana Campus 2004 Volunteer Days

Ragin' Cajuns V3 2004-05 Volunteer Workdays

I just got back from working today at the field. We painted some fences, filled in holes with dirt, pressure washed some concrete.

12. Default Saturday

In the same spirit and tone as the sports fans of 1912 and 1913 when students built their very 1st stadium by hand. . . the past few years has seen fans of the University of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns gathering at the start of the season for Volunteer Days. . .

Attached Images Attached Images        

Default V3 2004 Volunteers

I brought a weedeater this morning but was told that it wasn't needed. If it is still needed I can bring it back tomorrow.

14. Default

Cajun fans lend hand

RedBug58

LOUISIANA La. — Ragin’ Cajun pride showed itself this weekend, when volunteers helped prepare Cajun Field for another season of football.

On Saturday, about 70 volunteers turned out to get the field and stadium in shape. Volunteers painted fresh coats of vermilion, trimmed hedges and pressure-washed where needed.

The group will wrap up the work today and more volunteers are needed, said Gerald Hebert, UL Lafayette director of development for athletics.

Later today, fans will have a chance to meet Ragin’ Cajun athletes and teams during Fan Day at the stadium. The event begins at 6 p.m.

Hebert has coordinated the clean-up, allowing alumni and the community to show their support of the university.

“The university has given us so much,” said Kent Suire, class of 1980. “It’s just our way to give back.”

Helping out also creates a sense of pride, said Steve Menard, class of 1971.

“We don’t have a $30 million budget like other people,” Menard said. “It makes people take more pride in the facility.”

He and Calvin Thibeaux even grabbed mops to spruce up a Ragin’ Cajun pepper decal above the end zone.

“We couldn’t pressure wash it,” Menard said.

He took a break to admire what a little soap, water and elbow grease could do.

“We hadn’t planned to do it, but to me it looked like it needed to be done. We got five games on TV, and it’s highly visible. It just looks so much better,” he said.

The rest of the story
    Marsha Sills
    msills@theadvertiser.com

Beau Cajun, Steve Menard, evcajun12
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice work Turbine.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information