Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns Raging

Default Re: Cajuns Raging

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ You are mostly right. The average in 1977 was 25,224

Here is a LINK _
    I was a freshman in 77. We didn't play the big name teams, but we were winning. For homecoming vs Ark State, we had over 30,000. Lafayette & UL are twice the size now. We've been only average to below average since then. We have a huge upside potential that has never been realized. We have no idea what can be accomplished here. It's time. It's time to shell it out and bring in that new coach that knows how to win and has some fire. Then Lafayette will look like New Orleans last year when the Saints got rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    _ You mean the same six win total that we have had 4 of the last 5 years that people are tired of? Damn thought I mentioned that. We won 6 games last year including a big12 opponent, didn't matter probably gonna win 6 this year won't matter, I agree winning does but at some point you lose support and bustle has reached that point

igeaux.mobi _
    You're argument is still that a new coach will automatically bring higher attendance. But that wasn't true when Bustle was hired. In fact his first two years were his worst attendance-wise. Remember when we were worried about being kicked out of D1-A because of their min 15,000 attendance requirement?

The 19,411 average we have had so far is actually above average for the Ricky Bustle era (not to mention the Cajun Field era).

So I don't see how you can say Bustle as coach is hurting attendance and that a new coach will automatically increase attendance because the numbers flat out prove otherwise.

Bustle Era Attendance (17,444) Average
    2002 3-2-0 75,279 (15,056)
    2003 3-3-0 83,970 (13,995)
    2004 3-2-0 107,006 (21,401)
    2005 3-2-0 87,957 (17,591)
    2006 3-3-0 90,519 (15,087)
    2007 1-5-0 99,904 (16,651)
    2008 4-1-0 107,342 (21,468)
    2009 4-2-0 111,998 (18,666)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    _ You're argument is still that a new coach will automatically bring higher attendance. But that wasn't true when Bustle was hired. In fact his first two years were his worst attendance-wise. Remember when we were worried about being kicked out of D1-A because of their min 15,000 attendance requirement?

The 19,411 average we have had so far is actually above average for the Ricky Bustle era (not to mention the Cajun Field era).

So I don't see how you can say Bustle as coach is hurting attendance and that a new coach will automatically increase attendance because the numbers flat out prove otherwise.

Bustle Era Attendance (17,444) Average
    2002 3-2-0 75,279 (15,056)
    2003 3-3-0 83,970 (13,995)
    2004 3-2-0 107,006 (21,401)
    2005 3-2-0 87,957 (17,591)
    2006 3-3-0 90,519 (15,087)
    2007 1-5-0 99,904 (16,651)
    2008 4-1-0 107,342 (21,468)
    2009 4-2-0 111,998 (18,666) _
    What was the attendance during Baldwin's tenure, especially the last year? I'm pretty sure it was less than 15K actual.

Still another interpretation on the average attendance numbers then v. now misses a key component. Opposing visitor attendance.

Here is one area that the rest of our conference flat out sucks at. Very disappointed by states and MT's attendance and I expect even less from WKy and FIU.

We're at least doing our part filling two sections at NT and probably having Cajun Field North on our satellite campus.

But this conference just doesn't travel.

igeaux.mobi

Do SBC teams travel less than the average WAC, MAC or CUSA team?

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    Still another interpretation on the average attendance numbers then v. now misses a key component. Opposing visitor attendance.

Here is one area that the rest of our conference flat out sucks at. Very disappointed by states and MT's attendance and I expect even less from WKy and FIU.

We're at least doing our part filling two sections at NT and probably having Cajun Field North on our satellite campus.

But this conference just doesn't travel.

igeaux.mobi

igeaux.mobi

I'm pretty sure I don't need you to tell me what my argument is, I don't know if you are bustle's wife or what but give it up. It's time for him to go! Stop telling everyone we should be proud of a game that we didn't even cover the 24 point spread at home. Oh and by the way watch what will happen to basketball attendance in marlins first year
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ Do SBC teams travel less than the average WAC, MAC or CUSA team?

igeaux.mobi _
    I have no empirical evidence of how well or poor those conference fans travel.

I can just tell you from what I've seen live and in person at Cajun Field and what I see is that our conference brethren are not holding up their end of the bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post

igeaux.mobi
    That's the point ive been trying to make this whole thread. There are a lot of other factors that determine attendance.

igeaux.mobi

Default For those who want to complain about the Advertiser

Oops. Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    _ I'm pretty sure I don't need you to tell me what my argument is, I don't know if you are bustle's wife or what but give it up. It's time for him to go! Stop telling everyone we should be proud of a game that we didn't even cover the 24 point spread at home. Oh and by the way watch what will happen to basketball attendance in marlins first year
    igeaux.mobi _
    "so yeah a new coach with new excitement will get our attendance back up just like bustle did"

^^ Ok then what is your argument?

I never said we should be proud of the loss last week.

And if you don't like Bustle then that's fine. But attack him for the on-field performance because that's the only thing he is responsible for.

I get tired of people on here blaming Bustle for things he's not responsible for. In this case people are blaming Bustle for low attendance when there are many other factors that affect it. And with all the complaining about low attendance people don't even realize that it's actually been higher the past 3 years.

If you hate Bustle that's fine but at least attack him for things he is responsible for like wins and losses. If you want him gone it's should be because you don't think 6-6 is good enough, not because of injuries or attendance.

A new coach will not automatically raise attendance... My original point was to go out and get a quality coach that will bring hope and expectation of winning. Wow what a radical thought... WINNING

You can't go out and get embarrassed 55-7 in your first game.... then embarrassed against a conference foe... and expect to bring the casual fan in. I know a handful of people who chose not to attend Friday night because they were afraid of being embarrassed. That is the legacy of this administration. Not competing on a consistent basis...

When you pay $400-500k for a new coach the expectation has to be that he will turn the program into a winner... 7 games a year should be the expectation. If after 4 years he does not produce you do it again. You dont wait 9 friggin years and HOPE that something will change.

Winning will produce crowds. A realistic hope that you will compete when you bring in a OK State will increase crowds... Being in the hunt.... really in the hunt.. for a Conference title will increase crowds... A bowl game every now and again will increase crowds...

Why is that so difficult to understand and more importantly why is it so difficult to achieve?

I'm not saying he is the right guy; or for that matter we could afford him. But I like the attitude!

Shof

Note: if you do not approve of bad language, don't watch it!

P.S. Hope the link works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZaOF...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ A new coach will not automatically raise attendance... My original point was to go out and get a quality coach that will bring hope and expectation of winning. Wow what a radical thought... WINNING

You can't go out and get embarrassed 55-7 in your first game.... then embarrassed against a conference foe... and expect to bring the casual fan in. I know a handful of people who chose not to attend Friday night because they were afraid of being embarrassed. That is the legacy of this administration. Not competing on a consistent basis...

When you pay $400-500k for a new coach the expectation has to be that he will turn the program into a winner... 7 games a year should be the expectation. If after 4 years he does not produce you do it again. You dont wait 9 friggin years and HOPE that something will change.

Winning will produce crowds. A realistic hope that you will compete when you bring in a OK State will increase crowds... Being in the hunt.... really in the hunt.. for a Conference title will increase crowds... A bowl game every now and again will increase crowds...

Why is that so difficult to understand and more importantly why is it so difficult to achieve? _
    A new coach brings excitement, but we cannot hamstring our coaches with a schedule that's an uphill battle.

It's difficult to achieve when you schedule three guaranteed losses such that you must go 7-2 in the other games.

It's particularly difficult to achieve when you schedule such that you MUST go 7-1 in conference to get to seven wins.

It's also difficult when you tell your coach that he's only got 5 home games this year.

Schedule so that we give ourselves a chance for success and for me that formula is simple.

ALWAYS START THE SEASON LIKE THIS:
    Game 1 (AT HOME!!!) against any FBS and win the damn game.
    Game 2 - Get into conference play (home or road)

AND we must get MAC, WAC and CUSA teams in home and home deals as part of our OOC schedule.

That should almost always get you to 2-0 and 5-5 the rest of the way gets you bowling.

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    _ I'm not saying he is the right guy; or for that matter we could afford him. But I like the attitude!

Shof

Note: if you do not approve of bad language, don't watch it!

P.S. Hope the link works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZaOF...eature=related _
    He's a PROVEN WINNER.

That's high on my list of qualifications for the job.

When it becomes available, of course.

15. Default Re: Cajuns Raging

Errol Rogers hire did not increase attendance, although he was following a legend.

The Baldwin hire increased attendance over Stokely and the Bustle hire did likewise.

Looking at last year numbers if you think Baldwin was outdrawing Stokley, LOL

Baldwin’s last year numbers were padded greatly because the NCAA was threatening non D1 membership status based on a 5 year attendance average.

Bustle really did increase attendance over Baldwin and more than just the 2000 credited

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information