Thread: Bustle pleased with UL effort in loss

1. Default Bustle pleased with UL effort in loss

LAFAYETTE — For a coach whose team was beaten by 26 points just three days earlier, Rickey Bustle was certainly in an upbeat mood Monday.

And he had a right to be.

The rest of the story

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Bustle pleased with UL effort in loss

I wonder how many other division I coaches would be pleased with the effort in a 26 point loss? I could be wrong, but it just sounds weird to me. It's like saying "Wow, I thought we were going to lose by 60, but we held it to 26". We're a fairly large school that's been playing football for over 100 years in a town with a lot of money. I think it's just in our culture that we find this acceptable over and over again.

Signed,

Puzzled??

I agree. We just came out of a loss by 26 to the same team that only beat our upcoming opponent by 3 points?? And which team beat another of our recent opponents (whom we lost to by 20 at home) by 29. And we lost several players to injury to boot? And our coach is "upbeat"?? Am I missing something?

Oh wait, I'm sorry. We won the first half!!!!!!!!

Before you "sky is falling" apologists chime in, I no longer let the disappointment of the football team ruin my weekends. I'm just asking a question?

But hey, we get to play Western for homecoming! Yay!!

I've never heard Bustle come off as sounding disappointed after a loss. It's always "well the guys played hard. we did some good things on offense and the defense made some great plays." If you're pleased with a 26 point loss at home, then I really want to know what would make you upset.

He wasn't pleased with the loss. He was pleased with the effort. And he should be pleased with the effort. They went out there and gave it all they could.

Let's be honest here. If we had won that game it would have been the biggest win in school history by far. (Texas A&M at #25 was way overrated when we beat them.) If we had won we would have all gone nuts, stormed the field, ripped out the goal posts, and started a riot on Johnston St. It would have made Sportscenter under the headline "HUGE UPSET!"

I can't believe that so many people on here act surprised that we didn't win. How can you be mad we lost when we were 24pt underdogs? We weren't supposed to win and we will probably never get to the point where we should expect to beat a ranked opponent. We didn't beat Ok. State and neither did Washington State, Tulsa, Troy, or Texas A&M. And I doubt their fans attacked their team/coach as much as we have.

You can hate on Bustle for not winning a conference game but this is just ridiculous. They gave it a good effort against a top opponent. You should be proud of the effort just like Bustle is.

I'm proud of Bustle for finding a way to tuck his pants up underneath his enormous belly.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    He wasn't pleased with the loss. He was pleased with the effort. And he should be pleased with the effort. They went out there and gave it all they could.

Let's be honest here. If we had won that game it would have been the biggest win in school history by far. (Texas A&M at #25 was way overrated when we beat them.) If we had won we would have all gone nuts, stormed the field, ripped out the goal posts, and started a riot on Johnston St. It would have made Sportscenter under the headline "HUGE UPSET!"

I can't believe that so many people on here act surprised that we didn't win. How can you be mad we lost when we were 24pt underdogs? We weren't supposed to win and we will probably never get to the point where we should expect to beat a ranked opponent. We didn't beat Ok. State and neither did Washington State, Tulsa, Troy, or Texas A&M. And I doubt their fans attacked their team/coach as much as we have.

You can hate on Bustle for not winning a conference game but this is just ridiculous. They gave it a good effort against a top opponent. You should be proud of the effort just like Bustle is.

igeaux.mobi

8. Default Re: Bustle pleased with UL effort in loss

CajunRebel the only thing about the Texas A&M game that history doesn't tell is how they needlessly went back to the drawing board and ruined their seson in the process.

Turnovers won that game for UL and if T-A&M would have checked that fact at the door they would have gone on to have a great year.

If UL had beaten OSU they may have held a panic regroup as well.

igeaux.mobi

I too was pleased with the effort but not the loss. I stayed till the bitter end because I felt I owed it to the boys for playing their guts out.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    _ He wasn't pleased with the loss. He was pleased with the effort. And he should be pleased with the effort. They went out there and gave it all they could.

You can hate on Bustle for not winning a conference game but this is just ridiculous. They gave it a good effort against a top opponent. You should be proud of the effort just like Bustle is. _
    I'm gonna take a stab at CajunRed's extremely diffiicult debating technique. "Weak." Hey I think I got it.

Thread Information