Poll: Should changes be made at QB?

Thread: Van Cleave or Reikita

1. UL Football Van Cleave or Reikita

I think back to the first game of 93 when Nelson Stokley pulled his starter due to being ineffective.

I think back to the first game of 93 when Nelson Stokley pulled his 2nd stringer due to being ineffective.

I think back to the first game of 93 when Nelson Stokley pulled his 3rd stringer due to being inneffective.

I think back to the first game of 93 when Nelson Stokley inserted Jake Delhomme a fourth string freshman.

The rest is history as the Cajuns and Viginia Tech shared the 4th biggest turnaround in NCAA history that year.

Which leads me to my question; was Jon Van Cleave showing signs of quitting like he did academically last year? or will he rebound nexxt week? Should we start Eric Reiketa? Should we go down the line. Do we ask fo history to repeat itself?

Ragin' Cajuns

I vote to start Rekeita next week! Coach Bustle shouldn't have left Van Cleave in there as long as he did(yeah I know, MO). The fact is JVC stunk up the place like no other QB I've ever seen on any level!! If Coach B would've started Rekeita in the middle of the third quarter, this game, at the very least wouldn't have been a blowout, and we may have actually still had a chance to win it!!
    You can see more of my rantings about this game over on the VC board.

http://www.victorycajuns.com/cgi-bin.num=1030857173

3. Default

Originally posted by NOCajun
    The fact is JVC stunk up the place like no other QB I've ever seen on any level!!
    Well if anyone claims they saw it before, all
    I can tell them is I know how they felt.

The notion of benching Jon after one bad outing against the best defense we've seen in the past three years is sheer lunacy.

Ragin' Cajuns AMEN!

Originally posted by CDeb
    The notion of benching Jon after one bad outing against the best defense we've seen in the past three years is sheer lunacy.
    What knee-JERK reaction! Good thing advocates of benching Jon are NOT the ones making the decisions!

:o

6. Default

Originally posted by RaginRash
    What knee-JERK reaction! Good thing advocates of benching Jon are NOT the ones making the decisions!
    Ditka was knee jerk. When Bustle pulled Jon it was prudent.

If Jon learns to trust his protection in practice, he should keep his job.

Originally posted by Turbine

Ditka was knee jerk. When Bustle pulled Jon it was prudent.

If Jon learns to trust his protection in practice, he should keep his job.
    No one is saying it was wrong to pull Jon in the Texas A&M game.

But it is knee-jerk to suggest he shouldn't start against the Lophers.

Thread Information