Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Second Half Woes

Default Second Half Woes

First off, good showing by the fans last night. Great effort by our team. Lastly, Ricky, game plan something out of the box for the second half man. How many times is your offense going to get shutdown before you change????? Stop beating your players head against a wall.

Default Re: Second Half Woes

Quote Originally Posted by Flcajun View Post
    _ First off, good showing by the fans last night. Great effort by our team. Lastly, Ricky, game plan something out of the box for the second half man. How many times is your offense going to get shutdown before you change????? Stop beating your players head against a wall. _
    Nothing's gonna change. He doesn't have a clue.

Through 5 games, we've been outscored in the second half 95-21

Actually it's 105-21 in the second half.

When you open up a 6 to 10 yard cushion on very good receivers against smaller cornerbacks.your going to get beata lot. When your pass is no longer working.and yet you still call the pass over and over and over againyour going to lose your job.this year.

UL only played one good quarter I don't know why y'all are pointing to the second half

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ UL only played one good quarter I don't know why y'all are pointing to the second half

igeaux.mobi _
    I'm not sure but I think we were winning at half. I may be wrong. But it looks to me like we may have had a lead at half time. So we had a better first half, when compared to the second half. You with me here? So this is why we are speaking in this manner. Because at the end of the first half, not the second half, we were winning the game. At the end of the second half, we were not winning the game. Did that make sense? So, we were winning, then not winning. I hope that helped you out.

8. Default Tale of two halves

For only the third time in the Rickey Bustle era, UL lost at Cajun Field after leading at halftime.

The Ragin' Cajuns led 21-17 at the half but got outscored 37-7 the rest of the way Friday night in a 54-28 loss to No. 22 Oklahoma State before 25,881 at Cajun Field.

The rest of the story

Against Troy, the coaches need to do exactly the opposite of what they have been doing at half time.

_ UL only played one good quarter I don't know why y'all are pointing to the second half

igeaux.mobi _
    I agree, the 2nd qtr was great. Can't say too much for the 1st with too many mistakes. The 2nd half was a disaster.

I thought the Players gave a great physical effort. They were obviously playing with heart and pride. Just too many mistakes that were all costly.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I'm not sure but I think we were winning at half. I may be wrong. But it looks to me like we may have had a lead at half time. So we had a better first half, when compared to the second half. You with me here? So this is why we are speaking in this manner. Because at the end of the first half, not the second half, we were winning the game. At the end of the second half, we were not winning the game. Did that make sense? So, we were winning, then not winning. I hope that helped you out.
    I don't remember saying we were losing at halftime. We were outplayed and outscored 10-0 in the first quarter. You think that is good? I sure don't. Therefore I am saying we played one good quarter

I do realize that being up going into the second half we had the opportunity to close out the win and failed miserably so I think maybe that's what you meant. My apologies

igeaux.mobi

12. Default Re: Second Half Woes

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Actually it's 105-21 in the second half. _
    I will take a score any way I can find it but it is troubling that (through five games) there have only been "2" second half scores by the offense. The other score special teams.

Equally troubling is how there has not been a single sustained scoring drive in the second half.

A 60 yard draw by Masson (TD) vs Arkansas State

A 60 yard Masson to Lawson (TD) vs North Texas

A 97 yard kickoff return by Daryl Surgent (TD) vs Oklahoma State

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

igeaux.mobi _
    Quarter? They only had good downs and bad downs. And technically, some guys played well on downs that resulted in poor outcomes and others played poorly in downs that resulted in good outcomes. They had more good downs in the 2nd quarter.

I have to laugh that our best work was at the very end of the second quarter. going into halftime. and our worst work was at the beginning of the third quarter. All of these moron Monday morning quarterbacks are yapping about how we "didn't adjust at halftime". What a bunch of clueless morons. Our staff was supposed to "adjust" to start the second half? Ha! Now I know why we can't fan our way out of a wet paper bag. our fanbase is stupid.

14. Default Re: Second Half Woes

The game of football is a chess match you have to be able to "adjust" on the fly.

If there was ever a game where no halftime offensive adjustments were called for it was Saturday against OSU.

You can't go into halftime after your most successful quarter of the year automatically assuming the opponent will be successful in countering what you did. If you make changes based on what changes you "think" (without seeing) they will doing the second half you are raising the odds of shooting yourself in the foot.

In other words you would be out coaching yourself.

Having said that any good coach will have contingency plans based on what he sees in the flow of the game.

jmo

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If there was ever a game where no halftime offensive adjustments were called for it was Saturday against OSU.
    That is correct Turbine. I think what we saw in the second half was a serious response by a very good OSU team. Also, for everyone hung up on Blackmon and our inability to stop him. Our coverage was good. He is an NFL starter. right now. perhaps a franchise level WR.

What worries me about the next progression of football at UL. coaching, facilities and the like. is the regressing mental stability and comprehension skills of our outspoken fans. Many are nothing more than a bag full of stale complaints. They were almost more concerned about the Roosta Dance than they were about a good showing on the field of play.

Is the lack of success in football soured our fanbase so much so that they no longer have the ability to use good reasoning skills? There are solutions to our circumstances that simply have not been employed. Our outspoken fans rattle off more trivial, non-impact, bottomless claims and solutions to problems than I've ever seen in my life.

Misery's ugly cousin, Insanity, is lurking in the shadows of our fanbase.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information