Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quit complaining..

Quote Originally Posted by beavis11 View Post
    No - - we were lucky to score 7 points - getting outscored 37 - 7 when you have all of the momentum going into half isn't a moral victory. you might be ready to bustle up, but i'm ready to Bustle out !!!! This is bad coaching - -period !!
    Please specify what you would have done differently.

Thanks.

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Quit complaining..

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    _ You guys always talk about adjustments at halftime unless you are in the locker room we have no idea what is said and done in there. And what adjustments would any of you make we were up 21-17 at halftime things seem to be working pretty good. So at that point why would you make adjustments just keep on keeping on. When the third quarter started and they scored three times really quick ok now adjust on the fly. The guys did play hard and like said earlier we got beat by a better team and got beat by the score most of us would have thought. Does Bustle need to go I think so but last night we just got beat by a better football team. _

Up until this post, the decibal level on stupidity had gone through the roof.I agree with you completely. I'm proud of the effort from these guys last night. They played hard, they played well and we got great contributions from a lot of young guys. Our receivers didn't drop passes and made plays. The line blocked really well considering the injury situation and the defense held OK. State to its lowest yardage total of the year next to the A&M game. Our offense was able to sustain long drives and keep their offense off the field much of the first half and we led the field position battle. They had to get huge production from their all american players to beat us and if you couldn't see the physical advantage they had over us, then you weren't at the same game I was. All I heard ( and thought myself) after the UGA game was we didn't even compete and didn't put up a good showing even though we didn't truly expect to win yet we did exactly that and more this game and people still can't see it. In the end, its a loss and we had 5 more defensive players go down to injury last night including Grant Fleming and Maurice Rolle. However, I'm proud of this team and the way they played and I'm extremely proud of the buzz and crowd that showed up as it made it a true collegiate atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Up until this post, the decibal level on stupidity had gone through the roof.I agree with you completely. I'm proud of the effort from these guys last night. They played hard, they played well and we got great contributions from a lot of young guys. Our receivers didn't drop passes and made plays. The line blocked really well considering the injury situation and the defense held OK. State to its lowest yardage total of the year next to the A&M game. Our offense was able to sustain long drives and keep their offense off the field much of the first half and we led the field position battle. They had to get huge production from their all american players to beat us and if you couldn't see the physical advantage they had over us, then you weren't at the same game I was. All I heard ( and thought myself) after the UGA game was we didn't even compete and didn't put up a good showing even though we didn't truly expect to win yet we did exactly that and more this game and people still can't see it. In the end, its a loss and we had 5 more defensive players go down to injury last night including Grant Fleming and Maurice Rolle. However, I'm proud of this team and the way they played and I'm extremely proud of the buzz and crowd that showed up as it made it a true collegiate atmosphere.
    Thank you.

igeaux.mobi

When u can't rush the football, and u have zero vertical passing game, u will be in for a long nite. We are not a real hard team to defend....take away the screen game, and make us run the ball, and u beat us. Plain and simple

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ When u can't rush the football, and u have zero vertical passing game, u will be in for a long nite. We are not a real hard team to defend....take away the screen game, and make us run the ball, and u beat us. Plain and simple

igeaux.mobi _

I agree on the running game. However, what was James Butler's touchdown catch if not vertical? I saw many passes that were beyond 10 yards and in case you didn't see it, the OK. State safeties were playing over the top and the CB's were giving the underneath routes which is what we took and we were successful in doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I agree on the running game. However, what was James Butler's touchdown catch if not vertical? I saw many passes that were beyond 10 yards and in case you didn't see it, the OK. State safeties were playing over the top and the CB's were giving the underneath routes which is what we took and we were successful in doing it.
    Exactly

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ Please specify theses "adjustments" that you and others always mention. You sound so knowledgable that I'd like to hear them. We're waiting.

igeaux.mobi _
    How about rolling a safety over every once in a while to help out our severely undersized cornerbacks? How many times do you have to leave Auriene by himself with possibly the best receiver in the country to realize it's not working?
    I understand this is Oklahoma State, but my point is this is not something new that just happened last night. It happens all the time. We haven't a decent second half all year long.

I have to say that other than the outcome of the game, I thoroughly enjoyed myself last night. It was a great atmosphere, the students stepped it up big time and so did the fans.

As for the players, you guys played your _____es off. THANK YOU. If you play with that much heart and intensity the rest of the season, you should be in a bowl game.

There are a few things I could complain about such as parking, concessions, etc..., but I'm not. All in all, a very good experience.

As for the coaches, you had a great game plan in the 1st half, but as usual, once things turned in the second half, no adjustments.

As for OSU, they were much bigger and stronger than our guys. Very impressive. Having said that, I thought our guys did a heck of a job.

Louisiana Re: Quit complaining..

I agree, How many plays do you get burned on before you adjust the corners. Number 2 should have been replaced or moved, no changes were made. Our QB, how many times he throws the ball away for how many yards penalty. We seem to never make changes. How about our strenght program, we need to get stronger. Number 17 runs the same play on the goal line, we send in a guy to run the same play over and over, thats not hard to defend for any team not just OK State. I hope we are ready to get to another level soon, a new coaching staff at the end of the season will tell what kind of commitment we get from our administration. I so desperately want to get to another level. A new AD with football experience may determine what level we are committed to. We are always so slow to move. If you build it (fans) they will come. Go Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBeauxJany View Post
    _ I agree, How many plays do you get burned on before you adjust the corners. Number 2 should have been replaced or moved, no changes were made. Our QB, how many times he throws the ball away for how many yards penalty. We seem to never make changes. How about our strenght program, we need to get stronger. Number 17 runs the same play on the goal line, we send in a guy to run the same play over and over, thats not hard to defend for any team not just OK State. I hope we are ready to get to another level soon, a new coaching staff at the end of the season will tell what kind of commitment we get from our administration. I so desperately want to get to another level. A new AD with football experience may determine what level we are committed to. We are always so slow to move. If you build it (fans) they will come. Go Louisiana. _
    I have complete faith the administration will make the right move at the end of the season.

The decision about whether or not to change coaches isn't going to be made based on the results of last night's game... it'll be made based on how well we do in the rest of the schedule. We're 2-1 in conference, with the one conference loss coming to 1 of the two preseason favorites w/ us playing the other favorite next week. Too early to make any sort of call about regime change at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by awadelewis View Post
    _ The decision about whether or not to change coaches isn't going to be made based on the results of last night's game... it'll be made based on how well we do in the rest of the schedule. We're 2-1 in conference, with the one conference loss coming to 1 of the two preseason favorites w/ us playing the other favorite next week. Too early to make any sort of call about regime change at this point. _
    Who cares if MTSU was one of the preason favorites? If we ever want to make strides, we eventually have to show up and win games like that.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    Maybe not .. But what was your prediction for the game? Did the game end any differently than predicted? I would also suspect that the first half went just a little different than expect. Maybe, since your a great coach. Resume please! The Athletic department may need it at the end of the year.
    All posts made by me after 11 pm on game days should be ignored. It seems that I'm developing quite the habit of drunk posting.. Better than driving I suppose. Anyway...

Coaching adjustments are obviously a huge problem. Bentley dropped another easy pick 6, so can we please stop calling him the best CB in the belt.. However -

We presented our school, players, and great people to the College Football community well last night. Extremely well. The guys made it interesting, the fans created one of the most amazng atmospheres I've ever experienced at Cajun Field, and the Buzz was uncanny. We did not embarrass ourselves in any way last night. There's no reason why we shouldn't expect this kind of performance (players and fans) every home game.

Players: you looked like winners out there. You guys expected to win and it showed. We appreciate that. Chris Masson, you showed my something last night. I was blown away with your effort, I saw a different football player out there last night, and I can't tell you how proud I am proud of you buddy. Mega kudos, let's keep it going.

WR - that is how you play! I will be expecting that kind of play for the rest of the season.

Orkeyes, played your guts out. Thank you for being a leader. You should own every Sun belt reciever after what I saw last night. We all appreciate the heart you displayed last night. Bill, catch the damn ball. That was a game changer.. You're better than that.

Defense - much better effort. Lets get healthy and wreak havoc in conference.

Bustle: nice gameplan, but you have got to make halftime tweaks. Something! Special Teams are atrocious and embarrassing. Fix it. Play the young receivers, they earned it last night. I still want you and your entire staff canned, but last night was a much better showing all around.

All in all, we have nothing to complain about.. Outmanned, outgunned.. We gave them out best upper cut.. I'm proud to be a Ragin Cajun this morning

igeaux.mobi

Foofoo, I agree with everything said about the players. Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin91cajun View Post
    _ Who cares if MTSU was one of the preason favorites? If we ever want to make strides, we eventually have to show up and win games like that. _
    I agree with you; there was no reason that we should not have beat that team given we had two weeks to prepare for them.

My point was that what is going to decide whether or not Bustle gets to keep his job is if this team can match last year's record in face of a harsh out-of-conference schedule and having the bulk of the conference games on the road. In spite of my personal opinion in that regard, I think a 6-6 season this year will be viewed by the people who make the decision as being good enough to give him another year. So, how we do in conference in the second half of the season will decide that...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information